It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't blame U.S. for Toronto gun crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I find this quite amusing.

Canadians shouldn't blame their southern neighbour for the spike in gun-related violence in Toronto, says the U.S. ambassador in Ottawa. Any urge to point the finger at the U.S. for weapons smuggled across the border is simply misguided, the diplomat said Thursday.

"I don't think it's fair," he told The Canadian Press in an interview.

Canadians seeking a scapegoat should look in the mirror, he suggested.

Ahh. No comment. Lets carry on.

"I've been in politics a long time," said the former speaker of the South Carolina state senate. "I understand it's easier to point the finger at somebody else when times are tough."

Now that was a great statement. Again, no comment.

Source

Those crazy ambassadors, real boobs on either side. This guy reads like a comedy act though.

Should all the blame be put on Canada? I think not.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Why is the US responsible for candians illegally smuggling guns across the border that canadians patrol and using them to commit crimes in canada?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are americans who smuggle in american guns to canadian thugs.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
There are americans who smuggle in american guns to canadian thugs.

This is like the exact same argument as blaming mexicans for gun violence in Arizona and other border states. I'd like to see how it plays out...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So why doesn't your border patrol stop them? Its hardly america's fault. I mean, yeah, it was nice that you guys sent Pam Anderson over to the US, but don't expect any favours! Yeesh!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Maybe because more then half if not all gun crimes in Toronto are committed by Americans..... That could be it don't you think?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So why doesn't your border patrol stop them? Its hardly america's fault. I mean, yeah, it was nice that you guys sent Pam Anderson over to the US, but don't expect any favours! Yeesh!

Why doesnt your border patrol stop them, its the same thing, I mean these guys are obviously crossing the borders multiple times.

The funny thing is both sides have some blame, but this ambassador thinks the full blame should be on Canada.

Is that right?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people, Canadians do!

Originally posted by Full Metal
Maybe because more then half if not all gun crimes in Toronto are committed by Americans..... That could be it don't you think?

Is this just a guess, FM or do you have a source? I'm curious.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Canadians shouldn't blame their southern neighbour for the spike in gun-related violence in Toronto, says the U.S. ambassador in Ottawa. Any urge to point the finger at the U.S. for weapons smuggled across the border is simply misguided, the diplomat said Thursday.

"I don't think it's fair," he told The Canadian Press in an interview.

Canadians seeking a scapegoat should look in the mirror, he suggested.

I wonder how this guy feels about folks who blame Syria for the weapons crossing the border in Iraq.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Is there gun control in Canada? If so, that's the real problem.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal

Don't like Americans killing people in Toronto? Either don't let us into your country or arm your citizens. Either way, I won't be loosing any sleep tonight (I am protected by a doberman, a pit bull, and a whole lot of guns.)

new topics

top topics

join