It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Avian Flu and the UN Summit in New York

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
with all of our knowledge if we put our minds together shouldn't we be able to do our part somehow to help athorites to control the public or even help with awarness i was talking about the bird flu with a couple ppl at school and they didn't know what it was. i feel like we should be doing soemthing about it and not jsut discussing it because we all know how the government is they try to cover things up ie. have u seen anything on the newss lately about h5n1....its population control so things don't get out of hang ...but when things do i strongly disbeleive that they can control everything.....let me know what u think about this.....

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Chris, unfortunately the only thing that is in our own control is the people we love and want to protect against this. these are the people who shouldn't look at your like you are crazy.
The last few days news of the N5N1 has been circulating and getting alot of attention even here on ATS which I am pleased about.

It's all about being informed folks and yet it will be those that aren't seeking out the knowledge that will be the first to scream at the media for not giving the public the information fast enough.
But the information is there and has been for some time.

Gman and myself have been trying to get people here at ATS on board with the possible severity of this subject as much as 3 months ago. Check the threads. Yet no one was really listening then.
Now our news media are running blurbs about it and people are getting scared; at least those that are paying attention.

My advice? Make sure you take care of your family because that is what is important. You can't save everyone, so expect the worse and hope for the best. Nothing is a guarantee!

The last few days as a sort of test I have been asking my co-workers about the Avian Flu. I have asked 5 people and each of those 5 asked me
"what's that!"

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think it is interesting that there is more and more on the news and on news programs like Primetime or 20/20 now. I really think that they are trying to slowly bring the idea to the public without causing any major concern so that when it does happen the news etc. will be able to say well we have been telling people it will happen for months or years so they should have been prepared.

I know I am getting more things in over time and have ordered a food dehydrator to prepare more foods that I know what are in them and that sitll have some nutritional value to have in our pantry. I am beginning to think that having a good stock of foods etc on hand is a good thing (channeling Martha Stewart there) Especially in light of this news and the recent storms. After all I can use all of this even if nothing happens but if it is I will be prepared.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
I think it is interesting that there is more and more on the news and on news programs like Primetime or 20/20 now. I really think that they are trying to slowly bring the idea to the public without causing any major concern so that when it does happen the news etc. will be able to say well we have been telling people it will happen for months or years so they should have been prepared.

I know I am getting more things in over time and have ordered a food dehydrator to prepare more foods that I know what are in them and that sitll have some nutritional value to have in our pantry. I am beginning to think that having a good stock of foods etc on hand is a good thing (channeling Martha Stewart there) Especially in light of this news and the recent storms. After all I can use all of this even if nothing happens but if it is I will be prepared.

we will never be prepared for everything that can happen. flu pandemics, plague, nuclear war, aliens, tsunami, hurricanes, etc etc. The world is a dangerous place. Enjoy the ride and leave it better than you found it !

peace

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Should a deadly flu arrive in the United States -- and experts are not predicting when or if it would -- Hudson said that frequent hand-washing, the use of alcohol gel hand cleaners, and "respiratory etiquette" such as covering your nose when you sneeze are effective preventatives. "Stay home when you are sick," he advised.

that is what I was looking for...so treat it like the normal Flu until you get it. Then you are SOL.

If it is coming from Migrating Birds that are from Asia then lets give everyone on the westcoast a gun to light up the geese or what ever the hellbird it is. Relocate Every Hawk from the midwest to the west coast and no bird will get within 50miles of the coast. That is what I call prevention. I could give a #$%& less about the birdies going extinct. NO BIRD, NO BIRD FLU

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

we will never be prepared for everything that can happen. flu pandemics, plague, nuclear war, aliens, tsunami, hurricanes, etc etc. The world is a dangerous place. Enjoy the ride and leave it better than you found it !

peace

What you say is true but I guess my girl scout training and parents who lived thru the depression drilling into me to be prepared are things you just can't get too far away from. Believe me being prepared has never stopped me from enjoying the ride - and hopefully I will leave it better than when I got here at least. At least for a few people.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yes, true wash your hands and cover your cough blah blah blah.
Here's part of the problem and I witness it everyday at work so imagine going to a grocery store or any store and opening door handles etc...

Research has shown that men wash their hands much less than women. Why? They aren't really sure but I think it probably has something to do with women and their children. From experience I know I stepped up the hand washing when my son was born because I didn't want him to get sick. I became much more "aware" of what I was touching even after I washed my hands.

This brings me to what I experience at work and this is gross. I use the bathroom and then wash my hands. So often I have been standing next to someone who either outright didn't wash or gave it a lick and a promise. Meaning the just used water and no soap.
I dry my hands and then go and touch the same door knob the no washer or lick and promise washer just touched. If they were to have had a cold or flu guess what I just got on my hands?

Consider how many times you touch grocery carts, door handles to stores that a slew of people have touched. Do you honestly believe that all of those people washed their hands before touching those items?

20/20 yrs ago did a study on grocery carts and found over 40 different bacteria's and viruses on the carts. The most common was the Rhinovirus (common cold), feces (yum :barf
, blood and that's only to name a few.

Money - now there's a good one. The 3 most common items on money are feces, coc aine and blood.

So this lends the question on how clean we really are when we are really at the mercy of others hygiene.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
By the way, if you were thinking in terms of viruses and medical practices instead of New World Order conspiratorial mumbo jumbo then you would've understood what I meant when I used the word "containment."

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
And exactly HOW many pandemic's have you lived through? No? None? Ok then most of us including those reporting it haven't either. They just know from historical accounts what it can do to bring nations to their knees.
We have NO immunity to this particular strain. So very likely if this were to strike us you would bear witness to something you have never likely seen in your entire life.

Yes, actually, I believe I was around when they said SARS was going to wipe out half the planet. How's that going these days? Nope, no SARS here. It was so big that it made it into Merriam-Webster 's Dictionary this year... unprecedented speed for a word to make it in, btw. But because it was contained properly I don't personally know a single person who had it.

[edit on 10/14/2005 by CyberianHusky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join