It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does No One Respond To This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In quite a few threads I have posted that negligent homicide charges need to be brought up against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Chertoff, and Brown, however no one will respond to it. I know many people in the Detroit area and yes even in the white areas do people feel this way.

However, on here it has seemed that no one will support or attack my belief on this.

In addition there has to be a law somewhere for conspiracy to commit genocide.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
incompetance does not equal negligence. No one has answered you because its really not worthy of a response.

I've wasted too much time on the thought as is.

Wupy

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
In quite a few threads I have posted that negligent homicide charges need to be brought up against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Chertoff, and Brown, however no one will respond to it.

In addition there has to be a law somewhere for conspiracy to commit genocide.

There is no proof of negligence or conspiracy. I agree with you that it appears to be a conspiracy, but without hard evidence, the best we could charge them with would be incompetence. Agree with Wupy,

incompetance does not equal negligence.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Obviously its not the fault of the NO mayor, and the governer... I mean its not like we elect these people, to take the lead and make sure the people who elected them are safe and taken care of in things like this...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
homeland security contacts the Governor prior to landfall and suggests declaring a state of emergency to free up funds and nat'l guard, the Governor declines. Hmmmm....

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The governor declared a state of emergency on Friday August 26th which was 60 hours before the hurricane hit.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And then did what exactly after doing so, GTWill?
How about good ole Mayor Nagin? Did not Bush have to call him to get him to declare evacuation of New Orleans, and if so, he did declare such when?

Subjectively, if you want to pin negligent homicide on anyone, better look to the governor and mayor first.

Objectively, pin all local, state, and government officials having connection to such.

seekerof

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In logical thinking....the governor calling for a state of emergency trumps a declaration of a state of emergency for a city within the state. Nagin did so anyway the next day. The mandatory evacuation was ordered after it strengthened to a Category 4 on Sunday. The voluntary evacuation was ordered when it was a Category 1.

The governor passed the buck to the federal government because the situation was going to be too great for a city or state to take on. Our federal government failed to act on her plea not because they were unable to and I wish Bush would tell us why they didn't.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If the governer and mayor did there jobs, and not set there playing with themselves, some of these people may still be alive today.. They set back and waited while it was apparent noone was coming to help.

They played it by the book and people DIED because of it, The mayor and governer should have been conducting things down there under the assumption they were on there own.. They should have used anything and everything to insure the citizens who elected them stayed safe and alive.

They failed as leaders.

Blame can go around to alot of people, but the fact remains, they screwed up. and people died.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If they played it by the book and did what they had been elected to do...such as follow protocols to ensure the safety of their residents but when the time came the men and women at the top did nothing then they successfully performed their jobs in my opinion. If you look at the order of events the federal government is to blame.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
The governor declared a state of emergency on Friday August 26th which was 60 hours before the hurricane hit.

In logical thinking, knowing that an impending Cat.3-4 was heading for New Orleans, Louisiana, and the affected Gulf states 3-5 days in advance of that 60 hours, was it the fault of the government that people such as Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin waited so long to prepare for a hit?

In logical thinking, one knows that such preparedness and preparation falls on the responsibility of the local and state officials. Furthermore, logical thinking would also conclude that the Federal government, that you are blaming, cannot logistically react quickly enough to provide the level of assistance necessary in the first 72-96 hours.

But alas, its all semantics anyhow, huh?
The Federal government will continually be blamed, though it was a local and state responsibility, and as par, "It's Bush's fault".
www.sacredcowburgers.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

To ABC's Surprise, Katrina Victims Praise Bush and Blame Nagin

seekerof

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If you were in a life or death situation, where you needed help, and you called for help, but no help came, would you set there and die hoping help would arive to save you,
Or would you, do and use whatever you could find to help yourself?

The city had buses among many things they could have used, but they did not use, because they thought help was comming, Noone should operate this way when the risk if life.

They as said, in any situation anywhere should conduct operations and aid/recue with whatever they have, i dont care if they tie, a dozen inlfatable rafts from walmart together and call it a recue barge, it it saves lives then so be it.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
incompetance does not equal negligence. No one has answered you because its really not worthy of a response.

I've wasted too much time on the thought as is.

Which, horror of horrors, you'll never get back...

Law must be different where you come from, because where I come from incompetence does equal negligence if a duty of care was not maintained.

top topics

join