It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosthunters - What is the creepiest place you have ever investigated?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GTWill

What can you tell me about the Algonac Train Wreck Site? I am looking for information on this.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
RE: the Hauntings at RAF Wethersfield...I was living at the base from 1973-75. I lived in the house where the baby died and know first hand the stories about the ghosts on the base. The baby had died while a woman was babysitting a small infant (around 1-year old) and was fixing to bathe the baby when the phone rang downstairs. She had her 3-year old son to watch the baby for a minute while she ran downstairs and answered the phone. The small child decided he would run the water and give the baby a bath himself. He turned on the hot water only as it was the only water faucet he could reach. Then he picked up the baby and put it in the scalding water, which was too hot. The baby cried out and the little boy tried to pick it back up, but the water was scalding hot and burned him so he couldn't. By the time the woman got back upstairs, it was too late. The baby died as a result of the scalding water.

Many nights my entire family heard someone walking up the wooden steps to the second story. I could look out my bedroom door and see the stairwar landing at the top and most of the way down. I would call out to my family to see if it was one of them, but no one would answer. I took a look in my brothers room to see if one of them had gotten up and they would both be in the same bed asleep. They were too scared to sleep in their beds by themselves (10 and 14 year olds). I would lay in my bed and hear the walking and see nothing, so I would just cover up my head and hope it would go away.

In the summer of '75, my 15-year old sister had a slumber party with three of her girlfriends. Around midnight they were making a cassette tape for a friend of theirs that had just went back to the U.S. You know how girls tell all their secrets to each other at that age...when they got a kick out of our dog's snoring. They decided to record the dog's snoring for their friend for a minute and then stopped it and wanted to hear how it sounded for themselves. When they began to playback the tape, that's when it happened. The dog was heard to snore loudly and in between the snores the cry of the baby's ghost was heard clearly. It went like this: dog snores...whaaaaaa (faintly)...another snore...whaaaaa (much closer)...snore...Whaaaaa (right next to the microphone!)....snore...(Then a man whispered "It was an accident". This of course freaked out my sister and her friends and had the whole house up in a moment. We only had my mom and dad in their bedroom and me and my two brothers in ours bedrooms at the time. There were no small children or babies anywhere around. The house was very well build with very thick cement walls, so no outside sounds were heard. Needless to say, the girls no longer wanted to stay in the house but were not able to go home as it was around midnight timeframe. After a couple hours of coaxing we finally got them to lay down in my parents bedroom floor, but they would not go to sleep. At about 6 a.m., just as it was getting light outside, they all quickly went home. I have never seen girls want to leave a slumber party like that again. I took the tape and re-recorded it onto a reel-to-reel tapedeck and tried to find anything out that would show it wasn't real, but to no avail. I was now 17 years old and still trying to make sense out of the things that were happening in our house. The baby's cry was genuine, and the man's voice was not any of ours. The cassette tape was a brand new one they had just bought at the base exchange that day.

Nobody on the base wanted to enter our house after that. Our friends would come to the door and wait for us to come out, they did not want to enter and go up to our rooms at all. I will post other happens on this website in the near future about what I know about the ghost at RAF Wethersfield.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I would have thought that the scariest places would be anywhere there had been mass genocide. Although I have never been I have been told Auschwitz-Birkenau (which functioned primarily as the main execution camp) is the most haunted place on the face of the earth! But then there are places like the Killing Fields in Cambodia, which should also rate.

<< 1   >>

join