It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says"Nyet!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2002 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Russia does not see the need to topple Hussein, but thinks having inspectors look at the places where Hussein says they may look is important.
Translation: Hussein owes us money, and unless you are willing to cough up the billions they owe us, and give us free reign to take care of Chechnya, we aren't with you.
France also says "Non."
Translation: We have been buying oil from Hussein, against U.N. resolution, for years. You stupid yankees, we hate you. Now go away, or we will taunt you a second time!

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Can't argue with that! They both have valid points!

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Is that you, or an impostor? Doesn't sound like you and it's not like you to confuse "reign" and "rein".

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yup, it was me, and it is like me to make a mistake when typing madly to get finished before having to run! I've looked back at my posts and have edited them hoping nobody else saw the typos and screw-ups.
Thanks for the compliment, though.

I'll be lurking around as T.C. for a while, by the way. Whenever I'm here; usually I'll be at Willie's place. Better beer.

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 04:08 AM
link   
welcome back fellow-admirer of the amber nectar. Good to be contacting people on the baord again, even with our current irritations.
The Russian issue is an interesting one: my pet theory is that they are angling for a "blind eye" to whatever they intend to do in Chechnya and possibly nominally independent Georgia.
I'm surprised that -with all the current talk about N.Korea and Saddam- the media haven't highlighted the fact that there's heaven knows how much abandoned former Soviet weaponry in these bizarre "new" republics.

new topics

top topics

join