It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret societies besides the illuminiate and freemasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

every day that i go on this website and look under secret societies it seems that all that is brought up are the illuminate and the freemasons.
there have to be others that we can talk about and explore.

so i thought i would start this thread as a way of people sharing information of secret societies that they know exist and have existed in the past that might be kind of interesting because i would really like to learn about a few other ones BESIDES the illiuminate and the freemasons.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
While I wouldn't necessarily call them a 'secret society' their are the Rosicrucians who are definitely an esoteric body. I know I've seen a few threads on them, do a search.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
DigitalGirl,
This is a bit like going into a US sports discussion forum and saying you want to see more threads on anything but football, basketball and baseball.

Bright Idea Ahead

If you want to discuss a secret society OTHER than the Freemasons or The Illuminati then start a thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hey, easy now. The fella just wanted to know of any other secret societies known about. I agree with him, all we talk about are FreeMasons and Illuminati. So if anyone does know about the less talked about, more elusive societies, please let us know. Thank you kindly.

Danny

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
how about the skull and bones society which was formed in the late 1800's in yale university. George Bush 1 and 2 are members and only 15 people are hand picked each year to enter this secret order. I will look into this and post any further information I find on this topic, meanwhile if any other members have any wisdom they would like to divulge then feel free to do so. thankyou

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Anywho here is this
www.rosicrucian-order.com...

yakuza is anther great large secret society how deep they go Is another question. See Tom Bearden's claims below:
www.cheniere.org...
www.cheniere.org...

I think in light of recent events China/Iran/Russia/venezuela might be making a real large secret society
Oil & Nukes the biggest goals in life! woohoo I wish someone would make a secret society to take some of these # wads out.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by japike]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here is a large list of American fratenal orders:

(A-L)
www.exonumia.com...

(M-Z)
www.exonumia.com...

I've never heard of most of these, the American Order of Osiris might be interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
are very interesting sorts of people.

Sort of like the hashishim, they combine martial arts with mystico-religious teachings.

here's the FBI webpage on asian crime syndicates:

www.fbi.gov...

here's a fairly poor website that still gives more info than the feds do:

www.geocities.com...

And, sorry to say, Nobody escapes the freemasons! This page compares the triads with the freemasons!:

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah I remember hearing about those triads before. I can't remember what group I read about in china years ago but they were very ruthless.
Kinda makes me think of boston in the 80s when they had the "warzone" or "combat zone".

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wouldn't the Mafia classify as a secret society?
More honest than the Illuminati, too.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hey thanks for all the info guys

MR Necros,
i would have started a thread about one but the purpose of this thread was to ASK what other ones there were since all i read about really in this forum is the freemasons and illuminate. so i cant really start a new thread on a secret society if i dont really know of that many others now can i? hence the point of this thread.

and danny
thanks for having my back just as a side note im not a fella ........
the name is digitalGRL lol.

Kind Regards,
DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If you use the search function for 'knights of columbus' you will find lots of threads. I think we have some threads on the Elks and the Buffalo too. The Bilderbergers and Bohemian Club are fair game too, along of course with the KKK and OTO and all those other groups out there too.

Here is one on the Knights of Pythias, they have an interseting history.
Here's a thread on Scientology, tho they can argueably be classed as a religion. Other religions that have come up are the mormons, the vatican, etc etc. But these aren't things that most people think of when they think of secret societies.

I think we might have one on the Sons of Liberty too. I'd say your best course of action is to search and then read up any threads on a group that interests you and then reply in thread, that'll bring the discussion back up, bring new people into it, and maybe stir some new thoughts for people who've already posted on the subject before but haven't in a while.

We also have a lot of discussions on groups that are associated with secret societies, but aren't necessarily a society themselves, like the Bilderbergers, or the Rothchilds, etc etc.

Perusing thru the backlist I see this thread which didn't get much attention that is also a little more obscure than the masons and illuminati.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I wonder if russia has some big secret sects not the obvious mob but more white collar element?

top topics

join