It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Katrina Chaos, Congressman Used National Guard to Visit Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How disgusting can one get.......good ole dems......

www.abcnews.go.com...

"Finally, according to the source, Jefferson emerged with a laptop computer, three suitcases, and a box about the size of a small refrigerator, which the enlisted men loaded up into the truck.

"I don't think there is any explanation for an elected official using resources for their own personal use, when those resources should be doing search and rescue, or they should be helping with law enforcement in the city," said Jerry Hauer, a homeland security expert and ABC News consultant. "

'click link for full story'

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The water reached to the third step of Jefferson's house, a military source familiar with the incident told ABC News, and the vehicle pulled up onto Jefferson's front lawn so he wouldn't have to walk in the water. Jefferson went into the house alone, the source says, while the soldiers waited on the porch for about an hour.

That's just great. Curb-side service and staff that will wait around while you "Inspect the damage to the city"
I know you guys are busy saving lives, but can we go get my computer from my house. It has my pork-barrel records on it and I dont' want to lose them.

I wonder what the cost is to rent 16 military police and a half-ton truck for a couple of hours?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Disgusting, but also covered:

Louisiana Senator Congressman take Helicopter for own use?

He also just happened to have his other residences raided by federal agencies for an investigation into a business scam. This house wasn't because of the disaster. He sure seemed eager to get into his house and not let the 'stuff' he took out otta his site no??

Don't worry, he'll get re-elected tho!

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This subject is also discussed here:
Congressman uses National Guard to help check his home and save his belongings

This thread is closed.

new topics

top topics

join