It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricanes Jova and Kennith, TS Lidia and Max!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There are currently two tropical storms and two areas under investigation for tropical development in the East Pacific. All areas are projected to head towards Hawaii. TS Jova is expected to reach hurricane status before hitting the islands.

(click to enlarge above satellite map)

*The Kona low may shear these systems apart before they get too close to the islands, but Hawaiian residents should keep a close eye out for further developments.

10EJOVA.55kts-1004mb

11EKENNETH.45kts-1005mb

95EINVEST.20kts-NAmb

96EINVEST.20kts-NAmb

Meanwhile in the Atlantic:

CENTRAL ATLC TROPICAL WAVE IS ALONG 45W/46W S OF 15N MOVING W 10-15 KT WITH A 1009 MB LOW ALONG THE WAVE NEAR 9N. BROAD CURVATURE IS OBSERVED ON INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY. WAVE IS ALSO EMBEDDED IN A COPIOUS AMOUNT OF TROPICAL MOISTURE PRODUCING A LARGE AREA OF SCATTERED MODERATE/ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE 7.5N46.5W TO 14N41.5W

95LINVEST at 25kts-1010mb

Joint Typhoon Warning Center
www.npmoc.navy.mil...

NRL Monterey Marine Meteorology Division
www.nrlmry.navy.mil...

National Hurricane Center
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

[edit on 19-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
That's just crazy!!!

I guess intense tropical activity isn't limited to the Atlantic season only.

my lull is now officially over..

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well it was nice while it lasted. I guess we better batten down the hatches out here. It's been many years since we've even had one get close to us though, so it's about time we see some more activity.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
We're having heavy rains and some flooding going on right now. I dread to see what will happen if one of these storms hits. Kenneth was supposed to become a hurricane in 48 hours, and became one between the 2pm EDT and the next report on it. Kauai had almost 10 inches of rain in 24 hours, and several other locations had 6+ inches.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
They are using HAARP at full power now for sure!! Get ready for some martial law on the Hawaiian islands..

[edit on 16-9-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Isnt hawaii a decent population of blacks and indian skinned people? Im not sure but I can already see them blaming bush now for all 4 of these things hitting them.

Dont get me wrong I hate Bush. Be the whoel Katrina thing is in now way his fault.

Anways. Lets all keep our fingers crossed. If this happend this would make katrina look like nothing. Especially if these storms get big.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
We have tons of white people due to a large military presence, lots of asian people due to the immigrant population, lots of black people, and lots of dark skinned people from the native side of the population. We're a huge melting pot, and everyone pretty much gets along with everyone else. There are a few bad apples, but for the most part there aren't any problems racially. We're too mixed and too dependant on each other.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow its hard to believe that theres a place that races mix well. In my opinion here in Florida there are a lot of racist black people. Seeing how race played such a big deal in Katrina aftermath I just thought id ask.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Jova and Kenneth make hurricane status

KENNETH.75kts-979mb

Satellite and Track

HURRICANE JOVA.75kts-979mb

Satellite and Track

HAWAII- Preparation is key for storms heading our way
Lined up just behind Jova, is tropical storm Kenneth, which has been upgraded to a hurricane as of five o'clock Thursday evening. This system is about 2000 miles from Hilo with maximum sustained winds of 75 miles-per-hour. The first effects are expected to be felt here by the later part of next week.
khon.com...

Looks like Hawaii is already preparing for the storms.
Two more tropical cyclones may develop behind Jova and Kenneth in the coming days.

Note high tidal forces on the 18th due to full moon.
www.comets.amsmeteors.org...

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Kenneth doesn't look like it'll be a problem, but Jova is gonna be close. On the 21st it's forecast to be a tropical storm with 65 mph winds at 17N 148W. The Big Island is at about 20N 155W. According to forecasters, there is a ridge forming north of us that will pull them both more northward.

As far as race relations out here we didn't really have a choice. The white Missionaries came over and decimated the Native Hawaiian population with Smallpox, then had to treat them when they were sick, so the two groups learned to get along, especially after they converted most of the Hawaiian population. Then there were thousands and thousands of Japanese, Korean, and Filipino workers that came to work the pineapple and sugar cane fields. We don't have one race that is "dominate" out here like in most areas, so we learned to get along well with each other. Except when people first get here. One of the things that eased tensions between groups were when they woud start cracking what appeared to be racial jokes with each other. It started as a way of showing each group that they understood them, and accepted them, and it grew from there. But when people first get here they don't understand, and get offended and start threatening to sue over some of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The Pacific is as busy as the Atlantic we have also 4 areas to keep an eye on one, north of PR and one on the small Antilles, and then is two more just moving in the same path.

I wonder what is the record for numbers of hurricanes at the same time in the pacific and Atlantic combine.

We maybe breaking record on that two.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If Jova follows the forecast path it looks like it's going to smack head on into at least part of the state. It should be a Tropical Storm when it does, but it's forecast to still have winds of around 60-65mph when it hits.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The fourth storm/hurricane is now called "Tropical Storm MAX"
(Max is the name of my cat too).

Tropical Storm MAX Graphics

"Hotlinked" = Will update (and eventually become another storm/hurricane as this post gets old)

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's a track and forecast map of all the easter pacific storms at once.
www.solar.ifa.hawaii.edu...

Storm slowlyapproaching isles
Hurricane Jova and Kenneth, behind it, are likely to weaken by the end of the week.

Hurricane Jova is category 2 storm, with sustained winds of about 105 mph, is moving at about 8 mph.

starbulletin.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Aye...remind me to cancel the luau matey!

By Blackbeard's beard, there's gonna' be a whale of a mess in paradise...

Arrr!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've been following Jova closely, being that it's gonna end up over the top of my head if I'm not lucky. It's wandering about a bit like a drunken sailer. It starts more north like it's gonna miss us, then turns west like it's gonna hit us directly, then turns north again.....

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Stupid Hurricane Center. I'm trying to track the storm and get an idea of what it's gonna do, so I know if I should start digging into the mountain or not, but the stupid page isn't working right. They've got a link for Avisory 32, but when you click on it you get Advisory 30 which was 11pm last night.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
MAX is now a hurricane

Hurricane MAX

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well, the good news is that it looks like Jova is going to completely miss us. The bad news is that they were saying that about Iniki back in 92, and it turned 90 degrees and plowed into Kauai head on. I think I'll keep buying supplies and cross my fingers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join