It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$80,000,000,000 for stability in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Dear buddha. What the hell is up with this world. Bush is asking for eighty billion dollars to support his adventure in Iraq. Maybe if he had a little foresight he would have seen these problems coming. Maybe if he had employed analysists with a little intelligence and experience in the middle-east he would have known that this was going to happen. Maybe if he was a little more concerned with the people that he now effectivly governs rather than forgetting them in his oil induced high and not taking care of them. I am disgusted that he keeps coming back asking for our tax dollars to fund his military fumbles, when he could just have his daddies buddies cough up the change to cover his problems. Thats all it is to them, a little change to people who steal millions of dollars a year. Man, I would be a better governer of Iraq than he is.

Yahoo! News

The Iraqi people were doing better under Saddam than under Bush, though both are tyrranical despots.

XAOS

P.S. This is an example of Political Scandalism, not a mud fling, so dont yell at me. Keep it to this forum.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I do agree that the administration has made some serious fumbles. asking for 80,000,000,000 on top of the billions already granted for the efforts is absolutely out of the question. We have enough economic issues going on right now without him adding to them.

But on the other hand, if we pull out of Iraq without stabalizing it. It could show america's weak side, and allow even more terrorists to come out of the woodwork, probably new groups would start up in Iraq. Im sure the Iraqi citizen's would be real happy to not have food or medical aid and then be left to fend for themselves. And if we dont support our troops and leave them worn out, ill supplied, and struggling to hold the region. We could end up having another situation similair to the Vietnam conflict on our hands.

All in all we have a huge mess on our hands, and unfortunately its up to the Bush party to figure things out.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The "price" of stability in Iraq in Bush's incompetent budgetary terms seems to vary from day to day.

And, as I have suggested before on similar topics, it doesn't even attempt to value a single human life lost.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
meh
I'll support Bush on this one...
By rebuilding Iraq, Iraq will become the best Middle Eastern country.
We'll draw a whole lot of oil from them.
They'll recieve better social benefits.
and al of those other crap country's will start thinking..
Iraq's been reformed,
Iran's having stdent uprisisng,
all we need now is Saudi Arabia...
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The price has gone up seven billion: Yahoo! News

And no, I doubt that democracy will work in Iraq. It is not working here in America so who is to say it will work their. I have lost very much faith in democracy over the past few days and I do not believe that Democracy can be freely given to a country without any preparation. I do not doubt that another tyrant would be voted in if Iraqis were given democracy, though it would be an America favoring tyrant, just like Hussein in the eighties. He would quickly fall and Iraqi Democracy would go the way of Afgani Democracy and African Democracy. I think that there is a little hope, as Iraqis are much more intelligent and educated than most citizens of the middle east and Africa, and might make better decisions.

XAOS

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here go your domestic prices and taxes.

Has anyone noticed that even though the US has "secured" the oil, gas prices are still rising? Has anyone gone to the lumber/hardware store and noticed the rising prices of plywood and some other types of lumber? How about the rising cost on the nails, screws, and many tools?

Yes, we are paying for this war in so many hidden ways it's not funny. I went to the lumber yard last week as I had the week off and many projects. I needed some plywood for a couple of walls. I got the the guy and he rang me up. The bill for three sheets of "particle board" plywood, was FIVE TIMES the price I paid for SEVEN (7) sheets one year ago. The reason???? Mr Shrub and his constituents are sending so much lumber to Iraq right now, that the demand in the US is MUCH higher than the supply.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Is a bargain compared to the cost of coming home before the job is done.

top topics

join