It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Does anyone know about any Meditation/Yoga sessions I can attend in the NYC area? I cant really afford to pay a lot of money for these classes(400 bucks
!) I do meditate frequently but I would like to get some proffessional help if possible.

ARE/NYC - Edgar Cayce Center of New York does offer some interesting free classes.
www.mindspring.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here in California there are quite a few places to find this sort of thing cheaply or for free...maybe some of it will apply to New York:

Community Colleges: Generally offer martial arts, Yoga and Tai Chi classes very cheaply. Two, four hour classes per week, for a semester: $21

The Beach: It's not uncommon for Tai Chi practitioners to do a 45 minute form at sunrise on the beach. Sometimes just by themselves, but if you're lucky you might find someone who's been doing the same routine for twenty years. Sometimes they develop followings.

Buddhist Temples: I'm sure new York has some Buddhist Temples. Try approaching one and explaining that you'd like some meditation guidance.

Local Civic/Recreation Center: Off the top of my head I can think of two City-run Rec. Centers that offer martial arts and yoga classes. Last I checked prices were $25/month. The instructors are generally involved with larger organizations (JKF, for instance) but teach at the Rec. Centers because it's a lot easier to rent a room one or two nights a week than to lease an entire building.

Also...even if any of the above sources aren't exactly what you're looking for, you might try approaching them and asking what they know is available in the area. Very often practitioners of these arts will know one another, and may be your best source of contact.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Try local health clinics too - many now offer meditation classes.

It might depend on what type of meditation you practice; but I'd wholeheartedly recommend your local Buddhist/Zen centres.

Even our YWCA has meditation classes..and this is North Dakota

join