It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President: "we will share nuclear tech with other Arab nations..."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru

Originally posted by NR
and your saying Iran cant fight back? sorry we dont even need to fight, we already have our own cruise missiles and ICBM's that can do the job.

Oh, i doubt iran would use them, unless they would enjoy seeing their country glow in the dark for a long, long time, and no i dont mean the US would use them, I mean where is iran going to launch them, in their own backyard?
I suppose hitting iraq is an option for them but other than that. i dont see why they would use them, cause more harm than good.
Dont forget the US has far surperior missile technology and Israel probably has some cruise missiles already aimed for iran. I would imagine iran is using russian supplied missiles and equipment.

why wouldnt they use them? were not scared and actually have more than what you think, we dont buy anymore equipments because we can make our own, perhaps you havent seen these cruise missiles that were made by us.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
American President: "we will NUKE All Other nations, that do not Agree with US..."

You put that in quotes as if it was said by Bush. I'm failry certain he didn't.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm sure they would use cruise missiles, but they would all be conventionial weapons...and no chem or bio or nuclear.

Iran has a missile that can reach Europe...So dont think they can only reach neighboring countries.

Iraq is kinda in a rut, its getting better but slower then the US wants, one of the reasons for this is because of all the insurgents, and its a proven fact that Iran is sending weapons to them, and Iranian people who dislike the US are crossing the border to fight the US now, instead of waiting for later.

I would have no problem if we attacked Iran, but this time I would prefer we have more support from several other countries, France would be a good one, and of course Isreal, UK, among others. But the problem with gathering support is it basically tells Iran "Please get all your systems online and in place before our attack". The thing that bothered most people was how long we gave Iraq before our attack, and if we gave Iran that same time frame they would have time to get all there troops deployed to secret various locations, missiles ready, and have them all point at strategically important locations.

If we preemptivly attack them then we can get rid of several missile sites in one night, using stealth bombers & cruise missiles. As for after the bombs have been dropped, everything we have is above what they have, meaning missiles, aircraft, tanks, etc.

I wonder if we would use the F/A-22 for the premier fighter, it would be untouchable...although F-15's could handle the job.
The F/A-22 hasn't seen combat yet...this would be an interesting way to show off its effectiveness.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Shaky Sabers

Originally posted by NR
why wouldnt they use them? were not scared and actually have more than what you think, we dont buy anymore equipments because we can make our own, perhaps you havent seen these cruise missiles that were made by us.

Speaking as an American, I will be extremely disappointed if my country should be stupid enough to try to take on Iran in a head-to-head all-out war.

Traditional American braggadocio and swagger aside, Iran is anything but a pushover, and it would not go well for either country.

The truth is that the U.S. and Iran have been at war since the fall of the Shah and we have been fighting the same way we fought against the Soviets: through proxies, subterfuge and espionage.

War with Iran is already underway, the questions facing us now are how the war will escalate and how it will end.

I'm hoping for a relatively bloodless transition to alliance after the requisite period of cloak and dagger backstabbing diplomacy has ended.

The potential for Iran to once again become a powerful U.S. ally is there, but only if the leadership of both nations are intelligent enough to realize it.

Cold comfort that is.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Originally posted by Souljah
American President: "we will NUKE All Other nations, that do not Agree with US..."

You put that in quotes as if it was said by Bush. I'm failry certain he didn't.

I agree, Bush did not say that, so you should take away the quotes.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Say what you will, but Iran has got a big arsenal and its gonna get bloody when the going gets tough!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Skippytjc wrote:
I think it would be simpler if he just said "Bomb us right now", because the effect will be the same.
See you at boot camp...
He says "share nuclear Tech". I hear "Please bomb Tehran right now"

Ahh, skippy, always the same hate from you. You so love the thought of war, it obviously makes you drool with glee and vicarious pride, yet you spare no thoughts for your little son, the "future Jedi".

Isaiah 13
1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.
17 Behold, I will stir up the MEDES against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.
19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Jeremiah 51
11 Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the KINGS OF THE MEDES: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.

MEDES (of MEDIA)

Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty nation! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Now you've got me quoting scripture. See what you've done? Tsk tsk tsk...:shk:

[edit on 2005-9-17 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Verily, Verily I Say Unto Thee

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Now you've got me quoting scripture. See what you've done? Tsk tsk tsk...:shk:

A sure sign of the End Times if ever there was one.

So, um... which one of us is the Anti-Christ, then?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Fear is the root of all hatred.
and Iran is not an exception to that.
Look at the destruction and terror caused by the US in Iraq and Afghanisthan.
What are they fighting for: justice?
Justice to whom?
They have completely destroyed the two countries and are bagging their loot,
but look at the people, what would be of them?
They are starving and life has become a big game of russian roullete to them.
Will the US rebuild those countrie?
obviously not.

Although those countries were previously under despots and tyrants, they were all of their own land, now they have to be under a tyrant oceans away.

And consider their day-to-day life.
It is just hell for them.
These incidents have increased the hatred towards the US by a large scale.
Now do u think invading Iran will make things better ?

Seriously people, IMHO if US invades Iran, it might be the the last straw to break the camel's back.
It will bring a lot of chaos into the world.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
So, um... which one of us is the Anti-Christ, then?

Well, it can't be you, Majic.

...so it must be me.

[edit on 2005-9-17 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sithlord
Fear is the root of all hatred.
and Iran is not an exception to that.
Look at the destruction and terror caused by the US in Iraq and Afghanisthan.
What are they fighting for: justice?
Justice to whom?
They have completely destroyed the two countries and are bagging their loot,
but look at the people, what would be of them?
They are starving and life has become a big game of russian roullete to them.
Will the US rebuild those countrie?
obviously not.

Although those countries were previously under despots and tyrants, they were all of their own land, now they have to be under a tyrant oceans away.

And consider their day-to-day life.
It is just hell for them.
These incidents have increased the hatred towards the US by a large scale.
Now do u think invading Iran will make things better ?

Seriously people, IMHO if US invades Iran, it might be the the last straw to break the camel's back.
It will bring a lot of chaos into the world.

wow...I had to respond to someone whos mind is this diluted.

Your obviously a 100% pure Bush Basher, so its likely whatever I say you wont hear, because it doesn't fit your "view" of how things are going over there.
Way to many people forget that (in the US) 90% of all media if left biased. And reporting small but good changes in Iraq isn't what grabs attention, so they report on things that do...bodycounts, Whether it be American or Iraqi, it doesn't matter to them, they just know the more who die in one day, the better the story will be.

You call Bush a "Tyrant", how do you figure that?
Heres all 3 definitions of what a "Tyrant" is:
1. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
2. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.
none of those definitions fits Bush at all...in fact, those definitions fit Sadaam perfectly.

The US isn't destroying Iraq, its rebuilding it, and a large majority of Iraqi's want the US to stay there until they can get the ball rolling. And the same goes for afghanistan, but were doing much much less building there...because its not like they ever had big metropolises, While Iraq does have big cities.

If we attacked Iraq, it wouldn't break any camels back...I think It would help turn the tide, since many extremist in Iraq, are Iranian.

and it isn't hell living in Iraq, i've seen documentaries that show otherwise, people hanging out at a bar playing games and such, and there infastrusture it getting better by the day.

you said "bagging their loot"...What loot? If your thinking that were getting all there oil...your wrong, its theirs, they sell it to other countries and they get the profits to help there city rebuild. The US isn't getting risher being over their, its losing money, not only to keep troops and bases and equiptment their, but to keep it all continually supplied is a logistical nightmare, and then not to mention the billions apon billions of dollars congress as gave Iraq.

Heres a good site that post information of Iraq's rebuilding.
Iraqs Reconstruction

NR

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
please show your source saying most Iraqis are iranian that are fighting over there, i like to see you proof or your just making iran look bad which i'm not surprised.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
please show your source saying most Iraqis are iranian that are fighting over there, i like to see you proof or your just making iran look bad which i'm not surprised.

"most Iraqis are iranian" - That doesn't even make sense...I said that many extremist in Iraq are from Iran.
I'm suprised that you didn't know this...dont you keep up-to-date on the situation in Iraq?
I know some of the extremist are Iraqis...but some are also from other countries, such as Iran.
I know this from reading or hearing news on it...but i'll see what I can dig up.

Edit: Heres some links.

Iran supporting insurgency

Iranian weapons in Iraq

Extremists Going From Iran to Iraq

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Saint Majic The Benevolent

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Well, it can't be you, Majic.

No one ever suspects the haibane.

Buahahahaaahahaaaaaaa!

Nope, not me.

On the bright side, I couldn't think of a nicer Anti-Christ than our dear, beloved WCIP. Give my regards to the Hooved One, if you would.

All In The Insurgent Family

The idea that the Iraq insurgency is entirely home-grown is utter nonsense. Likewise, the idea that it is entirely imported is also nonsense.

The truth is that the insurgency is a proxy war in which the indigenous resistance movement is being heavily supported by mostly (but not exclusively) neighboring countries who have been pouring in support on a scale reminiscent of Cold War adventures, such as Vietnam.

Their goal is to prevent the installation of a U.S.-allied "puppet government", much as the Afghani resistance fought against the government installed by the Soviet Union there in the '70s and '80s.

With or without U.S. intervention, dark times were coming to Iraq, on top of the hard times they had already endured for so long. The only thing I'm reasonably sure about in all this is that as long as the war continues to rage in Iraq, the people who ultimately lose are the Iraqis.

The criminals who are deliberately targeting and murdering Iraqi civilians in the hope of sparking a religious civil war clearly don't give a rat's patoot about the people of Iraq themselves, which is a fact that cannot escape a rational assessment of the situation there.

But then, none of the propaganda surrounding the war is pushed for the benefit of Iraqis. Rather it is designed to benefit the people who choose to use them as a platform for other agendas. :shk:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yes of course. Proximity has all to do with Iran's possible outreach to fellow Arab states re proliferation of Nuclear weapons potential.

Iran is, in my opinion, is just inches away from a heavy response.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Someone needs to drop a few hot ones either in an air burst or several right close to Tehran. Sad as it seems, these guys are not going to learn their lesson. Basically, they have a sign up in the door saying "We serve all" just like the Denny's down the street. There should be no reason for them to start this other than to piss us and the rest of the CIVILIZED world off

[edit on 17-9-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senser

I think the Iranian president is confident enough to call their bluff now the americans are in no condition to attack Iran cause he and everyone knows its just a matter of time now.
I doubt he said it out pure stupidity, maybe he has got some aces up his sleeve that we dont know about?

Wonder what aces that could be?

They have 2 US controlled countries on their border. Iran is already set up for a classic pincer attack. They also have a large portion of the country that borders the Persian Gulf which could be another front for sea based attacks.

They are just nervous and its clear IMHO. If they where smart they would be trying to get Europe on there side because if the combined power of Europe and the US comes down on them they have no chance.

NR

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by NR

"most Iraqis are iranian" - That doesn't even make sense...I said that many extremist in Iraq are from Iran.
I'm suprised that you didn't know this...dont you keep up-to-date on the situation in Iraq?
I know some of the extremist are Iraqis...but some are also from other countries, such as Iran.
I know this from reading or hearing news on it...but i'll see what I can dig up.

Edit: Heres some links.

Iran supporting insurgency

Iranian weapons in Iraq

Extremists Going From Iran to Iraq

[edit on 17-9-2005 by Murcielago]

you still havent answer my question, you only put down sources of iran supplying weapons but no iranians going into Iraq and also your last source only still writes out the weapon supply of iran to iraq not iranians going to iraq., fox news
what a joke.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by NR]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The United States is one sovereign nation of many, and only the rightful leader of its own territories. The American government is not in a justified position to govern the world or with force influence the policies of those outside its boarders. If Iran or any other nation either has nuclear weapons or is researching or developing nuclear weapons, that’s not a matter which charges the US with the role of attacking and disabling the efforts of its political opponents.

The International Atomic Energy Agency has been commissioned with objectives such as monitoring Non-Proliferation Treaty Members (Iran is one of these members) use of nuclear technology. As the IAEA reports to the United Nations (A conglomeration of nations, not simply one in particular), the UN can together decide what is best for the world. At current Iran poses no direct threat to the security of the population of the United States so the US needs to calm down a bit with its cowboy diplomacy.

If the American government wishes to attack Iran, then I don’t know of anything that can be done to stop the US from causing death other than another nation retaliating for Iran, causing yet more death. However, an assault on Iran at this time shouldn’t even be considered a realistic option. War shouldn’t be gone into so lightly, if at all. Someday Iran and nations like Iran will have it’s nuclear capability, little can be done to stop that. If the US attacks, it’s fighting a lost cause, a cause which will bring terror and destruction upon not only the people of Iran, but the people of America as well.

The world is a politically unstable place, and world peace nor regional security can be truly achieved through violence, unless the violence is devastatingly large, massive scale. The bloodshed will only stop once we allow it to, and causing a war is not allowing bloodshed to stop, it is only causing more, and at the same time functioning as a precursor to yet even more. It’s a domino effect really.

If the current US administration feels that Iran is a threat, then the US should take it up with the UN. If UN feels Iran is not a threat, then the US should respect the opinions of the rest of the world (Didn't the US learn it's lesson from the last time it defied the UN? Didn't the UN turn out to be right about the alleged WMDs?) instead of rejecting those opinions based on its own opinions. There’s not enough evidence to conclude Iran needs to be disarmed or that Iran even has these arms. The effect is death, the cause is non-fact backed allegations. I see no justification, and as a result, will not stand by any military attack on the Tehran without a better reason than is being provided at this time.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
SkyFox2 a warhead with a “Made in Iran” stamp would never be made public, so we have to act on what we have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join