It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President: "we will share nuclear tech with other Arab nations..."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I dont have a link just yet, was just reported on my local TV news. I am certain we will all have details soon.

I think it would be simpler if he just said "Bomb us right now", because the effect will be the same.

See you at boot camp...

[edit on 15-9-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LOL Skippy

Beat ya!

Here's the link:

Iran offers nuclear know-how to Islamic states

I posted it in the thread regarding

Nukes . . . They're not just for retaliation anymore.

Good Work!

Do you think the two topics [situations] may have a cause and effect relationship?

Hmmm

[edit on 9/15/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wonderful, just wonderful.

I agree skippy...they're just asking for it.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Im slow apparently. You see the French threatened Iran today? If France is agaisnt Iran having Nukes, then Iran is doomed, because France doesnt take a stang against anybody.

He says "share nuclear Tech"

I hear "Please bomb Tehran right now"

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Im slow apparently. You see the French threatened Iran today? If France is agaisnt Iran having Nukes, then Iran is doomed, because France doesnt take a stang against anybody.

He says "share nuclear Tech"

I hear "Please bomb Tehran right now"

I think the Iranian president is confident enough to call their bluff now the americans are in no condition to attack Iran cause he and everyone knows its just a matter of time now.
I doubt he said it out pure stupidity, maybe he has got some aces up his sleeve that we dont know about?

Wonder what aces that could be?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Iranian President: "we will share nuclear tech with other Arab nations..."

America would like to share some nuclear tech with Iran and other Arab nations as well..... see we have something in common.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm posting in this thread since the other linked thread is about a completely different topic

The American Military is setup to stage 2 major war fronts at any given time. I read an article where they don't even consider Iraq/Afghan a major war front, but a Minor front. (don't have a source, but I'll look around briefly)

If they US really wanted to "take down" Iran, they could. I keep reading these arguments about how the US is in a quagmire in Iraq, and that they can't attack anyone else if they deemed necessary. These rumors are false.. all you have to do is do a little research and you'll understand that there is plenty of military/equipment/bombs necassary to take on Iran. Not to mention if they insert a draft, then we essentially multiply our military tenfold. (even with all the border jumpers)

So Iraq/Afghan = 1st front

Iran = 2nd front

Would it be wise to attack Iran? Probably not. The US haven't had a full out war with an able military in a long time. Iraq's military doesnt count.. it was pathetic. Not to mention it'd just open up another "playground" for terrorists to take pot-shots at us for as long as they deem necassary.

Regardless.. I'm afraid we're going to find out soon.. This is exactly what the administration was hoping for. They laid out the propaganda for us all to swallow over the past 6 months.. I believe they were just waiting for Iran to place the straw that breaks the camels back so they don't get a ton of flack.

But if you ask me.. I don't think the US will lead this attack. There are plenty of able countries out there that will/may drop the first bombs.

[edit on 9/15/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And some people wonder what harm Iran having nuclear processing could be. I think they are trying to get Bush to act, while he is mired in 2 wars.
It would also allow Iran to open 2 fronts on American troops and navy in the area.
Remember it was not too long ago that Iran announced they have what are basically cruise missiles and are producing them 24/7.
Now, is it better than what the US has-I really, really doubt it.
What worries me is how many do they have by now and how many can they fire at once at one target-like an aircraft carrier or 2 or 3.
I know US defenses are very good, but how many missiles can a carrier group stop at once?
I will be most interested in what Bush, Sharon, Putin and Wen have to say about that. And while on the topic, how about what does India and Pakistan feel do about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I oddly understand where Iran is coming from here..

They made the statement some time ago that if they have nuclear weapons, then they could no longer be pushed around by countries that also have them.

And by supplying all the Arab states with the technology, essentially puts an end to the middle east being pushed around.

But they're not thinking this through.. The way we (the west) percieve this.. is countries that harbor terrorists, are in turn going to supply terrorists with this technology.. and that's where it gets scary.

This all comes down to the west being afraid of Islam extremists. And regardless of circumstances, the extremists are building support at an astonishing rate. Not only are they growing in size, they're getting bolder with their statements.

This whole cesspool of activity in the Middle East is ready to boil over. It's only a matter of time before things get real ugly down there.

NR

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Guys you must understand iran wont go around giving its nuclear tech to all islamic states which means its not only arabs but i would really say more like Libya and Syria would get that chance. But know he knows and is now confident because lets just face it, there isnt going to be any attack.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Guys you must understand iran wont go around giving its nuclear tech to all islamic states which means its not only arabs but i would really say more like Libya and Syria would get that chance. But know he knows and is now confident because lets just face it, there isnt going to be any attack.

Why do you say that?

Some of you guys need to wise up. Even with the US military fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, we are still more then able to launch a full assault on Iran. You underestimate the power of the US military.

NR

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
and your saying Iran cant fight back? sorry we dont even need to fight, we already have our own cruise missiles and ICBM's that can do the job.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
why exactly do you lunatics want so badly for USA to bomb Iran again?

Just read a travel guide the other day, Iran is a lovely place to go for a vacation, people are VERY friendly to foreigners, its cheap, food i hear is great also and you dont get mugged thats for sure. Other than a certain duality theyre all playing its just ordinary people living ordinary lives.

PS: no problem at the border smuggling a couple of bottles of alcohol either, just dont listen to Mariah Carey out loud

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

But I understand the bushmaster - only 3 years left and 3 more Wars to start: Syria, Iran and North Korea.

Busy, Busy Schedule.

EDIT: Removed the Word "Arabic" from the title of my post, after reading the post by Majic. I think it fits more now, after all there are no Arabs in North Korea either.

[edit on 16/9/05 by Souljah]

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Brother Persians

Strange. I never knew Iran was an Arab nation.

All the Iranians I know speak Farsi, not Arabic.

According to Wikipedia, Iran's population includes a whopping 3% Arabs, which seems a little light for an "Arab nation".

But who am I to argue with the President of Iran?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I doubt he meant weapons technology, since the public position of Iran is that they don't have a nuclear weapons program - even if they do (and I don't doubt it) I doubt they're going to publicly offer up their weapons tech... I suspect he is talking about their nuclear power technology and the usual suspects are deliberately misunderstanding it because it feeds their obsessive need to bomb foreigners

Also, as was just posted, Iran is certainly not an Arab nation, so the original quote is questionable as well...

[edit on 9/16/05 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think the original quote was that Iran would share nuclear technology with other Islamic nations.

What I'd like to ask is whats so wrong with that?
Is nuclear technologies an exclusive property for Western(or maybe Christian) nations?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I'm posting in this thread since the other linked thread is about a completely different topic

The American Military is setup to stage 2 major war fronts at any given time. I read an article where they don't even consider Iraq/Afghan a major war front, but a Minor front. (don't have a source, but I'll look around briefly)

If they US really wanted to "take down" Iran, they could. I keep reading these arguments about how the US is in a quagmire in Iraq, and that they can't attack anyone else if they deemed necessary. These rumors are false.. all you have to do is do a little research and you'll understand that there is plenty of military/equipment/bombs necassary to take on Iran. Not to mention if they insert a draft, then we essentially multiply our military tenfold. (even with all the border jumpers)

So Iraq/Afghan = 1st front

Iran = 2nd front

Would it be wise to attack Iran? Probably not. The US haven't had a full out war with an able military in a long time. Iraq's military doesnt count.. it was pathetic. Not to mention it'd just open up another "playground" for terrorists to take pot-shots at us for as long as they deem necassary.

Regardless.. I'm afraid we're going to find out soon.. This is exactly what the administration was hoping for. They laid out the propaganda for us all to swallow over the past 6 months.. I believe they were just waiting for Iran to place the straw that breaks the camels back so they don't get a ton of flack.

But if you ask me.. I don't think the US will lead this attack. There are plenty of able countries out there that will/may drop the first bombs.

[edit on 9/15/2005 by QuietSoul]

If it was as easy as you say it is then we would've been done with the war in Iraq when Bush got to play dress up on that aircraft carrier and make his speech in front of the huge "Mission Accomplished" sign. The fact that US soldiers are dieing every single day and the fact that no one sees an end to it in the near future means that they are in a definate "quagmire". The fact is you can have the most advanced military equipment in the world, the best trained and most disciplined soldiers, the most powerful weapons, and all of that amounts to nothing when the other side carries out guerilla warfare. The Iraqi insurgency will be strong as long as there are people who are willing to build and plant roadside bombs, to ambush US soldiers with gunfire, and most importantly to serve as suicide bombers.

Throughout history, time and time again, military superiority has been trumped by methods of unconventional warfare.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
and your saying Iran cant fight back? sorry we dont even need to fight, we already have our own cruise missiles and ICBM's that can do the job.

Oh, i doubt iran would use them, unless they would enjoy seeing their country glow in the dark for a long, long time, and no i dont mean the US would use them, I mean where is iran going to launch them, in their own backyard?
I suppose hitting iraq is an option for them but other than that. i dont see why they would use them, cause more harm than good.
Dont forget the US has far surperior missile technology and Israel probably has some cruise missiles already aimed for iran. I would imagine iran is using russian supplied missiles and equipment.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
actually, I think the US is in the best shape it has ever been to hit Iran....we're right next door!! Iraq is in shambles and will probably be in a civil war for a few years, afghanistan is well, afghanistan! I don't see either of them doing much else than trying to put their countries back together for awhile. Or. we could just stun everyone, give saddam back his country, and well, he has controlled his fanatics quite effectively for a long time. and well, just move our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan on into Iran.....leaving the two countries to deal with their messed up countries on their own. Of course, I would hope that our country has a little more morality than this, but who knows.

All that I ask is that if they decide to hit Iran, well, they just hit it, don't give them a month's warning so they can send their goods to other countries...the shell game is getting a little too expensive in my opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join