It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR website image is altered to add Berka to woman…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Isn’t CAIR supposed to be all about Islamic truth and accurate representation of its values and culture? Then why would they be altering images on their site to reflect certain Islamic principals even though the reality was different?

What other bits of information are they “touching up” to advance their agendas?

Screenshot of the site with the pic:

The picture by itself:

And a blow up of the alteration:

Mmm…With all that money you think they would be able to hire a better Photoshop artist for their misinformation campaign…

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Could have been a hacker, but thats just a random guess. Either way it seems a bit out of place on an Islamic site like CAIR. That and well, the quality of that alteration is pretty low quality. I have to agree, you'd think they'd have a better photoshop artist.

JAK

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
An interesting find.

I have emailed the site and requested an explanation as to why this might be.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wonder if you could help me.

It has been brought to my attention that an image on your website www.cair-net.org... has been tampered with.

The cache of the page is available here:

64.233.161.104...:WYQ9rBVkgW8J:www.cair-net.org/+CAIR&hl=en

The specific image in question is:

www.cair-net.org...

In which you can clearly see that the lady third from the left as viewed has a black line about her head. I was wondering as to the purpose of this image manipulation.

Any explanation would be greatfully recieved.

Yours sincerly,

Jak

It will be interesting to hear their response as has been mentioned already it is a very poor attempt indeed at altering the image.

Jak

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hey JAK, I think even I could have done better Photoshop work

Now that I have been enlightened in the arts of MASKING
and the clever use of JPEGs to get transparent backgrounds...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Good find, and well done JAK. If anyone should be able to query an image, JAK is in my top 3.

By the way, this 'alteration' is technically a Hijab as opposed to a Burkha.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
JAK
Your links contained within your email are no longer working. That didn't take long did it!!
Looks like they have already pulled the image in question.
Good find skippytjc and good work JAK. It will be interesting to see what response if any you get back.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Excellent find! The picture has now been replaced with an unaltered image....way to go!

JAK

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The image as it appears now on thier frontpage www.cair-net.org... :

If I recieve a reply I will post here.

Jak

[edit on 15/9/05 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Very nice work JAK, look at that, you have some clout!!!

Its amazing though that a main stream organization would use something that obvious.

I am dying to hear the response.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
At least now if anyone tries to deny it....there it is.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Way to go JAK!

I saw your post earlier today, including your email inquiry, but wanted to wait awhile to see what type of response, if any, you would receive.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the response to your email though, unless your in the company of someone knowledgeable in CPR.

...and Skippy, I agree, even my 10 year old could have bested that using MS Paint.

JAK

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That website really needs to hire a graphics fx person if they are going to use spoof photos

How about an NWO vigil instead?

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Your pic of Jr at the podium kinda looks like Chevy Chase to me, Regenmacher.

Maybe Chevy can play him in the movies someday.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ah ha, Regenmacher! You changed your last image. Now I see Cofi, Chirac and Saddam there beside Chevy!

Good Ole Boys, Karl and Jacko too... now there's a crew! (or should I say 'screw')?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Pfft! You're really scrambling for material, aren't you skippy? Is this the best you can come up with these days to demonize those you hate? They photoshopped an image? OMFG they are evil demons, kill them all, quick bring out the nukes!!

What about the pathetically photoshopped images of "clone troops" that your hero Bush's campaign got busted using?

"Whatever it takes...to dupe you all."

What about the fake news (read: propaganda) that they got busted using to produce mindsets like your own? Or how about deceiving the ENTIRE WORLD with faked pictures of WMDs. The list goes on and on and on... and here you are crying foul over CAIR adding Muslim headdress to a woman? Get a grip, dude.

top topics

join