It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Museum Remove's "Killer" Christ Icon!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well this is another piece of art at its best then, killing people with its energy? ok Im only saying what Ive just read, and dont really believe that the "energy field" around the icon is killing people, but you make your own mind!

Museum Removes Killer Christ Icon

Piece of art's "energy field" allegedly causing death of staff.

A museum in St Petersburg, Russia has removed an ancient icon depicting Jesus Christ from display because the piece of art's "energy field" reportedly has killed several staff members.

A professor at the Hermitage Museum says he had complained about the effects of the icon for years, reported the London Telegraph. He claims it has led to the death of several supervisors in the facility.

Its an inexplicable phenomenon and it started long ago. Boris Sapunov told the paper. Three or four people died of diseases, and the coincidence began to make me wonder. When the supervisors seats were moved away, all the trouble stopped. It wont be exhibited any more.

The icon was created by several artists, but it is the meddle section, painted by an apprentice, that has a negative bio-field.

worldnetdaily.com...

Im still in two minds with this one, maybe there's something in it, maybe there's not?

blackwidow's son

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That is just a little bit creepy, if it's the cause. But how can an "engery field" off a painting kill someone? I don't think i even, want to figure out that one....

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I suppose that it is nonsense, but just to add a mite, this is not the first odd story to come out of museums and art galleries. It is quite common, if you talk to people who work in these places, to hear that some objects attain an eerie reputation. Maybe it is just the staff trying to make life interesting.

In Australia, there is a collection of aboriginal art objects, of ritual significance, (the Sthreher collection, or something) and some people said that those who were looking after them, at one time, allowed hostile people to see them, and these visitors died untimely deaths. A fairly fantastic story, but it was surprising, in my experience, to see quite well-qualified art experts admit uneasily that they could not explain the story, but thought it was true.

Here is the Pravada article on this:
"Mysterious Icon Removed from the Hermitage"
Link: english.pravda.ru...

Quote:
"There is no contradiction between physics and religion - there is the knowledge that the science can not
understand yet."

There's a statement you'll never see printed in a US newspaper.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
First the e minor and now this?! If this icon makes people ill and even has the power to kill people who look at it, it's just one more in the line of stories about statues crying blood or falling down on priests etc. If they don't understand when he makes their idols cry blood, he may use a different aproach. Of the more fatal kind. For he hates the images and statues they make. He will visit the sins of the fathers and punnish the children of third and fourth generation for idol worshipping. The punnishment for the idol worshipping in the time of Enosh as written in Genesis 4:26 was given to the people living in the generations of Jared and Enoch, for Enoch was rightious before God and God saw all the filth man had gathered and the sins of his watchmen who had taught them, and how the giants and the monsters was a curse they had put uppon themselves by leaving the path of rightiousness by doing what God forbade. You shall worship God alone, not an idol and certainly not a prince who represents him. It's folly and stupidity to worship a spiritual God by kneeling before a statue or by fearing a rotten image. A spiritual God demands spiritual sacrifices and you shall worship God in the Spirit. No image or statue will give you cleaner air, but closing that coal mine does. No chanting of verses will bring rightiousness to the people, standing up for the weak and unfortunate will. Damnation will not end persecution, but helping a refugee will.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hmmm... This is similar to radionics. They say some pictures or paintings can emit chi energy, especially when charged...

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bandit795

Dont think ever heard of Radionic's? any links you got there?

Blackwidow (is back)

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Radionic's sounds familiar but I can't seem to place it. Can someone explain? As for the painting. It's really weird and I doubt it really is the cause but who knows whats possible.

new topics

top topics

join