It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amitriptyline tablets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hi,
I am confused and pissed off.I went to see an immunlogist and he done the following

1)treated my moisture deficient hands.
2) he prescribed Amitriptyline tablets. They have made little impact in reducing my allergies (dust mites,pollen and i forgot the last one.

Now in doing reasearch it says that Amitriptyline tablets are used to treat depression WTF. Can someone give me some advice.

www.migraines.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Amitriptyline has many uses

It's used for chronic pain, migraines, depression, certain skin disorders....

Did you ask him why he prescribed it? Give him a call.

That might be your first step in finding out more.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
wow your back again
during our consultation he said it was beuause i over produced histamine. i mean a lot. he said it would reduce the severity of my itching.Then if online and hear the drug can be lethal in huge doses.I have had some confussion and dizziness

pity the side affects were not explained

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
(I know..I have no life
)

Call him, and your pharmacist. Tell 'em both what's happening - dizziness is expected with the medication...but let them know anyway.

It's just rotten that he didn't explain the side effects to you

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
ok thanks well since your here does facial ticks count as a symptom. It started a little after my visit i mean im trying but icant stop raising my eyebrows

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There's a lot of info here

Again, if you're worried, call the pharmacist; and does the package insert list facial ticks as a potential side effect? (I know inserts differ from country to country a lot of the time). It could also be just a bit of anxiety from the visit and your discovery that the med is also used to treat depression, etc.

Also, did your doctor ask if you were taking anything else (for contraindications)?

Honestly, it's worth calling, just to make sure

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
ok thanks. No theres no leaftlet its made by those comapnies which manufacture generic copies of other drugs. companies called alphapharm

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Gah, that sucks.

Ok, ask your pharmacist for a drug insert, or a patient handout (whichever is the closest to what he can print out for you).

And keep us posted, k?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
hi i have read the leaftlet and remember he also said its used to tread bed wetting but i see nothing in regard to allergies.

top topics

join