It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North and South...and the middle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The people of England have a north or south view of England, your either from the south or from the north.

And lets be honest both carry a stereotype...

But England isn't carved straight through the middle now is it! What about that lovely middle bit of England, namely where I live.

What I want to know is what does the north and south of England think of the often forgotton middle of England, (Staffordshire being in the middle of England for example).

Thoughts??

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
only 10 views

I was looking forward to some interesting replys....all of you hang your head in shame :shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Yeah, i find that the Midlands - completely unjustifiably - is often overlooked for the sake of convenient stereotyping and a simplistic view of our country.

Its a shame, because the region is pretty special and unique in its own right.

It is home to the UK's second largest city, Birmingham

It has its own dialect (black country)

It was the birthplace and hub of the Industrial Revolution, which has completely shaped the modern world.

It has produced some all time greats of the litterary world, like Shakespear, and Tolkien.

And lets not forget that the Midlands is arguably the birthplace of heavy rock music (Black Sabath, Judas Priest, 1/2 of Led Zepelin)

I'm sure that other members can add some further claims to the Midlands greatness...:
:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The midlands would be a good place to have a massive punch up between the Northern hard men and the southern shandy drinkers!, you guys could referee it!

you know...shout things like.."hey stop talking cock a nee, no one understands you?"

and things like "OI!!....stop throwing 'Babycham' in that manc's face"

the midlands would also be a good place to move scousers to and man city supporters.

Regards.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by optimus fett]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
the midlands would also be a good place to move scousers to and man city supporters.

What have we done to deserve such a thing

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There was a program on tv the other day and one of the people on it (from the south) refered to Birmingham as being in the north of England...what the hell?!?!?!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Do you mean 'Its Grim Up North'? I've been watching that series and its been very funny. Brian Sewell cracks me up, but HE believes every word he utters! Michael Winner is doing it on purpose however and I don't find him funny at all.

top topics

join