It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventor fuels car with dead cats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A German inventor claims to have an answer to rising fuel costs- dead cats. The selling price for his fuel would be a mere $.30 per liter, which is 1/5 the price now. The president of the German Society for the Protection of Animals has stated that using dead cats for fuel is illegal.

www.cnn.com
BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- A German inventor has angered animal rights activists with his answer to fighting the soaring cost of fuel -- dead cats.

Christian Koch, 55, from the eastern county of Saxony, told Bild newspaper that his organic diesel fuel -- a homemade blend of garbage, run-over cats and other ingredients -- is a proven alternative to normal consumer diesel.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I figure if it saves people money, they'd be willing to do it. I don't see why animal rights people would have a problem... I mean, the cats already dead. No harm (literally) in using a dead cat, right?

[edit on 15-9-2005 by DarkHelmet]

[edit on 27-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Is it only cats that can be used? The article only mentioned cats. What about other dead animals? My first thought-- "That's terrible." Second thought-- Why not? We eat animals and wear parts of them, why not use some of them for fuel also?
I'm not an Animal Activist, but I would hate to see animals raised simply for fuel. Raising them for food is okay by me though.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
wow a car that runs on roadkills. thats pretty ironic
. im pretty sure that we cant use human bodies fot that purpose as well. a whole new way of recycling your dead loved ones

[edit on 15-9-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It sounds like this would be of limited use because the fuel source is limited. If you use 20 dead cats for every 11 gallons that is not really great cats per mile in my opinion. If everyone started burning cats for gas so to speak, I think the fuel source would dry up fast. Of course if only a few people used this and cleaned up all the road kill in the process, this could be a benefit to all drivers. I'm thinking maybe other road kill might be used instead of cats.

Where I live at I never see any dead cats on the road. I see dead squirrels, possum, and deer.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
BTW, if you guys actually read the article, the magazine made up the whole cats thing in an effort to see thier rag. Yes you can use cats, but there are other materials that are far easier to get a hold of.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
What about dead birds? Do you see where I'm going with this?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
sounds great, no more avoiding the animals on the road.....just hit it, pick it up, and fill up your tank

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
.....cats per mile.......

I can't see this happening...

A man walks in a car dealership.....
Prospective buyer: "Hey buddy, how economic is this car?"

Car Salesman: "Well sir, this car only does 11 cats per mile"

Prospective buyer: "How about if i use the body of my mother inlaw"?....

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
``

i remember when one famous gasoline company urged us all to;

"Put A Tiger In Your Tank"

as a promotion that lasted many years

( i think 'ESSO' became the EXXON of today)

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Watch your kitties...
OMG

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Sorry but according to this source the inventor claims he did not use dead cats. As stated:

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German inventor said he has developed a method to produce crude oil products from waste that he believes can be an answer to the soaring costs of fuel, but denied a German newspaper story implying he also used dead cats.

But Koch, 55, said there was no truth to stories published in Bild newspaper Tuesday and Wednesday that suggested he used dead cats as part of the mix for his organic diesel fuel.
"It's an alternative fuel that is friendly for the environment. But it's complete nonsense to suggest dead cats. I've never used cats and would never think of that. At most the odd toad may have jumped in."

Here's the link:
www.forteantimes.com...

article is on the right hand side.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Uh-Oh, I hear that the Federation Of Chinese Restaurants (FOCR) is filing a grievance.

Here is a quote from the president of FOCR
"If cats are to be used for making fuel, what are we to mix with cashews?"

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There are now even more sources showing the article was clearly published by a rag looking for sales

But Koch, 55, said there was no truth to stories published in Bild newspaper Tuesday and Wednesday that suggested he used dead cats as part of the mix for his organic diesel fuel.

"I use paper, plastics, textiles and rubbish," Koch told Reuters.

"It's an alternative fuel that is friendly for the environment. But it's complete nonsense to suggest dead cats. I've never used cats and would never think of that. At most the odd toad may have jumped in."

Inventor: I never used dead cats for fuel

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
how better for big oil to get this revolutionary process ignored...???

Big oil Joe just calls up the reporter, and says:
"yeah... we are the company that spends over a million a year, advertising with you all... uhhh... this new story about the cheaper fuel... can you throw in a line that he uses dead cats for fuel? ok, thanks pal."

and instead of people commenting about how this is great news...
you have the inventor defending his name and his product, that could change the world, if people could get past the slander...

right now, he is taking it humorously... that will change when he sees that all the interest is in his source of material, not his process...

and yes, the paper is a german version of enquirer... so it is not good publicity
but the cnn refutation is great though...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Damn shame I have a couple of hundred gallons worth running around my neighborhood. This story actually made the talk radio shows in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I wish it would use roadkill we have enough deer here to fuel the nation. When I was in the Navy down in Florida in 1987, I ticked off the Master Chief and got stuck with extra duty one weekend. The duty was putting out live capture traps to eliminate the ferral cat population on the base. We has a rabies quarrentine at the time and there was actually a few cases of rabid cats attacking small children. Once we had the cats we took them to the pond by the golf course and tossed them into the water. One woman came up to us and asked "Why we were being cruel to those cats?"
I replied "I'm not being cruel to those cats. I'm being kind to those alligators."

top topics

join