It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same extention in use, but no ones home but you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have caller id as well, but what happends to me, is that I'll be talking on the phone..(I remind you that no one is home but me,) and there will be a click on the line and the extension is in use... it really scares me because I dont know who is on the phone. Is it just me or what? I don't think that it could be paranormal? Or could it?

[edit on 09/14/2005 by Venice]

edit, attempt to correct color code

[edit on 14-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Have you checked the attic?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I get the same thing. The phone also lights up again for a few second after I've hung it up. And I get feedback while standing next to my stereo. What could it be?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What was the play from the late 19th century where the invalid woman notices the gas flame changes when there was no one home?

The phone thing I'm pretty sure was in a movie.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If it is something that is truly upsetting you, I suggest that your first course of action should be to ring your phone company and advise them of what is happening. It may be a common problem with the line or with your phone that is easily explained and will put your fears to rest. Consider the following experience as evidence:

At my last home, I had an old cordless phone in my study. One day, I reached down to pick it up and got an electric shock from touching it. When I picked it up, I could hear people talking through the ear-piece. Not wanting to listen in on somebody's conversation, I pressed the button to hang up, but they were still there. I then removed the phone line from both the handset and the wall, but I could still hear the conversation, even with a disconnected handset. In the end, I had to unplug the battery from the phone to make the voices stop. I rang the phone company and they told me that it was a recognised problem with older models of that phone. Now, pulling the phone line and electricity cable out of a phone and still hearing people on the other end might seem like a paranormal experience. But in the end, it had a very mundane explanation. Call your phone service and if they cannot help you, call the phone manufacturer. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
What was the play from the late 19th century where the invalid woman notices the gas flame changes when there was no one home?

The phone thing I'm pretty sure was in a movie.

Gas Light was the movie with Ingrid Bergman where her husband was trying to make her think she was crazy. Hence the term "gas lighting" some one.

But - since it was during the age of the gas lights - there weren't any phones....lol

It's one of my favorite movies.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That's it. There was a modern remake in a movie with phones.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
That's it. There was a modern remake in a movie with phones.

LOL, no I'm pretty sure I didn't see it in a movie.. it's happend twice in 2 weeks... and I think the movie phone thing was someone asking "what is your favorite scary movie?" and I'm not that dumb!!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Listen, as much as i would like some sort of paranormal conspiracy here, my advise to you is to call your phone company. Someboddy is tapped into your line and using it illegally.

The boogeyman isnt at your house. I promise.

All my life i've had dealings with the telephone companies. Have them check this out and you will find out either your cable was split (some times they do mickey mouse jobs) and is going to another house because the phone company will steal cables, or somebody spliced your cable so they could make free phone calls.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

At my last home, I had an old cordless phone in my study. One day, I reached down to pick it up and got an electric shock from touching it. When I picked it up, I could hear people talking through the ear-piece. Not wanting to listen in on somebody's conversation, I pressed the button to hang up, but they were still there. I then removed the phone line from both the handset and the wall, but I could still hear the conversation, even with a disconnected handset. In the end, I had to unplug the battery from the phone to make the voices stop. I rang the phone company and they told me that it was a recognised problem with older models of that phone. Now, pulling the phone line and electricity cable out of a phone and still hearing people on the other end might seem like a paranormal experience. But in the end, it had a very mundane explanation. Call your phone service and if they cannot help you, call the phone manufacturer. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.

Something similar happened to me. I was talking with my cousin when we started hearing a conversation between two Polish people. We both speak Polish so we were unintensionally eavesdropping on their conversation. We justed ignored it and kept talking. I doubt there is anything paranormal about this. As everyone else is saying, someone might be eavesdropping on you, illegally. Or doing something else with your phone. Good luck.

Case closed.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sometimes the phone rings and I pick it up and it's just crackiling silence, and sometimes when I hang the phone up after talking to someone it rings again half a second after but no ones on there.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Venice,

Do you have a modem installed in your computer? Not if you are using it or not for your connection, just simply installed?

As for color correction - glad it not work : beige on grey ....... what letters? lol

Misfit

fum

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

Something similar happened to me. I was talking with my cousin when we started hearing a conversation between two Polish people. We both speak Polish so we were unintensionally eavesdropping on their conversation. We justed ignored it and kept talking. I doubt there is anything paranormal about this. As everyone else is saying, someone might be eavesdropping on you, illegally. Or doing something else with your phone. Good luck.

Case closed.

same here only it was spanish people kinda makes you wonder if someone is listening on your conversations eh?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Do you have a FAX machine? Recently a freind of mine was having the same thing happen - phone would indicate extension in use. We went around and unplugged every phone, but the phone still said extension in use. Then it dawned on us to unplug the FAX machine and the extension in use light went off.

top topics

join