It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora. Yes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well, you could always go here if you really want to know...

www.egproductions.com...

As I understood it, "Aurora" was more of a generic term, used for stealth projects in general. Didn't it slip due to some idiot leaving it on the budget line or something? I seem to recall something to that effect. I'm sure it wouldn't be called that now...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, you could always go here if you really want to know...

www.egproductions.com...

wats the password? i sure know u cant just type in Open Sesame and it would let us in.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, that's kind of the point, you don't have a "need to know"...

Ox

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ok, thanks for clearing up the B-2 thing, those who gave input.. Perhaps we're all looking at this wrong, maybe "Aurora" is more of a general project name given to high altitude, high velocity aircraft that are in development. Or, the other possibilty is... I'm right hehe!.. Which isn't impossible nor improbable. When did this budget line release the name Aurora? what year? Technology isn't just developed over night..

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, that's kind of the point, you don't have a "need to know"...

, i figure it was just a fan website to get people to notice by havin it decorated top secret, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ox,
"In the February 1985 submission of the FY 1986 budget, the Aurora line item projected a request of over $2 billion in the FY 1987 budget. But one year later, when the FY 1987 budget was submitted, the Aurora line item had vanished..." FAS: Mystery Aircraft

The official line from the USAF on the Aurora line item was reported as follows:

"The Air Force quickly denied the existence of a secret program, and said the "Aurora" budget line was simply one site for B-2 bomber funds when that program was highly classified." "Secret Advanced Vehicles Demonstrate Technologies For Future Military Use," Aviation Week & Space Technology, 1 October 1990, page 20.

An Air Force official commented, "I wish I could say it is (an SR-71 follow-on), because we'd love to have it. But it's just accounting, I'm afraid." "Aurora Myth," Aerospace Daily, 9 October 1990, page 34

Also according to Ben Rich in the book "Skunk Works" the Aurora code name related to black USAF funding for the B-2 competition. Skunk Works p.336

These statements however are easily suspect to "Aurora" advocates, as all of the sources have everything to gain by keeping the project secret and denying it's reality.

Ox

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hey thanks Intelgurl.. Something tells me that the USAF is uhh what's that word.. oh..lying.. You don't just misplace several billion dollars in military funding. Its not an accounting error. I know the B-2 still flies but the SR-71 doesn't, so you're telling me the government hasn't developed or tried to (and run into budget issues) another high speed high altitude aircraft? That we're still using technology from the 60's? When the government doesn't believe in the term "if its not broke don't fix it"... they'll spend money just to do it.. if our government doesn't do it..someone will..
Thanks Intelgurl for the research, I'm doing this all from my treo (cellphone) so its a little harder to browse the web as quickly as others do :p

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i was always of the opinion that Aurora was an "umbrella", encompassing many black programs (one being the B2)...so the air force wasn't technically lying when they said it was the B2...they just didn't tell the whole truth lol.

but...i'm sure that codename is no longer used, and that the whole program is under an entirely different name...i think "Senior Citizen" was bandied about at some point, but that's where my trail ends.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As said above it could be "one project" to keep people looking in the wrong direction from the many different projects being undertaken on the budget.

BTW, did they not reasonably recently fly a scramjet for the first time anyway? (X-43 in 2004)

Considering this is the IR image of a flight of an X-43, at night it would be like a beacon and easily spotted, I doubt the aurora exists in the guise some may think. Also, why would NASA waste their budget doing the research if the military have already done it.

Ox

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
To quote myself I asked in a previous post "Perhaps Aurora is a general name given to all high altitude high velocity aircraft".. I don't know. But $2 billion is barely enough to develop 1 state of the art designs, then research, develop it, test it, fuel it, insure it... the list goes on.. So.. I still stand by my original belief that its an aircraft being tested or has been tested and has run over its budget and has been shelved..

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
it's that ox's friend got ahold of some false information that he belived to be true. now I'll admit that keeping some things secret is a must, like all these sceret aircraft. if they just went and told everyone about there sceret stuff then they would be under consint attack by others who want the new aircraft for themselves. I doubt people would panic if the goverment just simply confirmed that aleins do exsit. and for all we know all these flying saucer sightings could be some sorta new military plane that no one knows about yet.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere the Germans had "flying saucers" in WWII.... probably bullsh_t though

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316
I remember reading somewhere the Germans had "flying saucers" in WWII.... probably bullsh_t though

They did. Well, they were developing flying saucers, never really got off the ground though.

Yea, and I have always believed that the term "Aurora" was just the account name for a bunch of other projects. Perhaps every couple of years the names of accounts change to ensure secrecy? So any other large sum of money being dumped into one spot could be the continuation of the "Aurora" project(s). We don't know, but it is a possibility.

Shattered OUT...

Ox

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Actually spoke to my friend last night, and he was rather adamant that the Aurora project does exsist and has run into some very serious budget problems, we didn't talk in as much detail as our previous conversation, I did ask if the Aurora project was referred to as "the fast mover" at area 51, however I got no reply.. and that was about the extent of our conversation.. which is a little odd being that we usually speak in length usually about anything....

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Hey thanks Intelgurl.. Something tells me that the USAF is uhh what's that word.. oh..lying.. You don't just misplace several billion dollars in military funding. Its not an accounting error. I know the B-2 still flies but the SR-71 doesn't, so you're telling me the government hasn't developed or tried to (and run into budget issues) another high speed high altitude aircraft? That we're still using technology from the 60's? When the government doesn't believe in the term "if its not broke don't fix it"... they'll spend money just to do it.. if our government doesn't do it..someone will..
Thanks Intelgurl for the research, I'm doing this all from my treo (cellphone) so its a little harder to browse the web as quickly as others do :p

They didn't "misplace" anything. They were suppoed to remove the line item from the budget before submitting it and they didn't. Classified projects fall under different budget controls. They are supposed to file the "open" budget that goes to Congress, and everyone can examine, and the "Black" budget that goes through the closed door sessions and you don't get to look at if you don't have a need to know.

As far as an earlier post about planes having software, of course they do. But the people working on that software don't always know what plane it's for. As was stated before, Black projects are VERY compartmentalized, and if you don't have a need to know, to put it simply, you DON'T KNOW. If you leak information about a Black project, you're going away for a very long time. If you are flying a plane, and encroach on Area 51 airspace, not even penetrating it, then the FBI meets you when you land, and you go have a nice chat for a few hours. If you penetrate their airspace AT ALL, you aren't flying for a LONG time, if ever again.

Now that's just for penetrating the airspace around a secret area, which is hundreds of square miles. Imagine what happens if you sit around BSing about a Black project and leak all kinds of information.
[edit on 9/30/2005 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 9/30/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Actually spoke to my friend last night, and he was rather adamant that the Aurora project does exsist and has run into some very serious budget problems, we didn't talk in as much detail as our previous conversation, I did ask if the Aurora project was referred to as "the fast mover" at area 51, however I got no reply.. and that was about the extent of our conversation.. which is a little odd being that we usually speak in length usually about anything....

Ox,

In unacknowledged Special Access Programs, the existance of the program is classified at the same level of the technical details of the technology.

Therefore, it makes absolutely no sense that a person would reveal one TS/SAR fact, and then be hesitant or unwilling to reveal another. This is basic SAP security. There is no difference from a security point of view between classified administrative detail and classified technical details. In many cases, the SAP security mechanism and its characteristics are more sensitive then the actual technology. People who are properly indoctrinated and accessed to these kind of activities understand this.

Which is why your friend is probably BSing you.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A guy I worked with once worked as a clerk collecting radar data reports in the norwegian army, he was told that sometimes fast flying objects would be reported and all those reports should be put aside and given to his superior, about once a month in average such a report from the radar operators came in and he put the reports in a envelope and gave to his superiors. I dont work with this guy anymore, and he might have been bull#ting me, he was a bit of a strange guy
... But anyways, might have been high flying military crafts not to be reported through regular channels I guess.

[edit on 30-9-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think the aurora project recognisance plane (some call it the SR-75) might be one of those out loud secrets among the defence companies. A lot of people might know about it because they either compete against it or are part of the program in one way or another. I think your friend at NorthGrum might have heard someone at work talking about it, maybe some there had worked on some system for it.

However I think he told you everything that he knows (that is its existence). I don't think he has ever seen it or knows what the plane it is really capable of, except by some rumours at the office. And I think he told you because for him that was a given that the plane is there...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
to Off_The_Street you seem very conserned about keeping the ignorance status on these kind of aviation projects.. kind of a wierd notion for a forum such as this one, dont you think ?

anyway interesting story if its true

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverSurfer
to Off_The_Street you seem very conserned about keeping the ignorance status on these kind of aviation projects.. kind of a wierd notion for a forum such as this one, dont you think ?

anyway interesting story if its true

Those kinds of posts(especially if you're new) can get you looked down upon.

Perhaps you should have approached it from a different view?

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join