It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual pictures of the ULTRA AP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The U.S. military unveiled this week a concept combat vehicle that combines new blast-deflection technology with the safety features of a commercially available truck and NASCAR engineering.

Everything from the materials to seating configuration has been rethought.

Built on the skeleton of a Ford F-350 truck, the vehicle is called the ULTRA AP (Armored Patrol). Its builders melded some of the latest advancements in vehicle defense with the maneuverability and safety features of an "off-the-shelf" truck to develop a concept vehicle that may one day replace the familiar Humvee in the battlefield.

Article link

Picture 1

Picture 2

Looks ugly, more like a tractor than an armoured vehicle.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
Looks ugly, more like a tractor than an armoured vehicle.

Who really cares what it looks like if it holds up in combat and saves people's lives.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Looks like an intresting design, is that one that might replace the hummer? I just looked and I was right! I think they should make a different version for spec ops troops, to replace the buggy.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Isn't quite as pleasing to the eye as the HMMWV, that's for sure, this looks more like a concept of a buggy for the mission to mars

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That thing looks like an A-30 Aircraft tow tug I drove in the Navy. I wonder how those flat sides are going to stand-up to anti-tank missiles? I'd stick with a Hummer at least you can run like hell!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
See they've gone for stealth as well................

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
soon they'll be painted back and white, and patroll the streets

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
FYI that is a concpet vehicle, as we all should know most concept prototypes never become the actaully final desgin

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Jehosephat is right its pretty much a concept car for the military. It will be used as a testbed for new technology.

I doubt that will ever make it into production like most concept vehicles. Some of the tech it uses will likely be used on the next gen. military trucks.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It looks fruity to say the least.

Doesn't look like the driver(s) can get out in a speedy fashion either.
I recon it could use an automatic weapon of some description mounted onto it.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
im surprise they actually put it from concept picture to actually prototype. it may be a test best for future vehicle or it maybe not but at least it shows that the U.S. military is serious in countering new threats like IEDs that are taking on the armored Humvees in stride.

by the way...how long did it take to from the picture of the concept posted here on ATS to the time the member posted the first actually vehicle prototype?

[edit on 20-9-2005 by deltaboy]

new topics

top topics

join