It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: France threatens Iran with U.N. referral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
France has threatened to refer Iran to the United nations regarding its nuclear program. The U.N. watchdog agency, the International Atomic Energy, has expressed misgiving at such a referral however. The IAEA is concerned that a referral at this time would split members. The threat comes after Iran has resumed sensitive nuclear activities following a suspension that had been negotiated last November.

news.ya hoo.com
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - France threatened Iran with referral to the United Nations over its nuclear activities on Wednesday despite the misgivings of the IAEA, the U.N.'s atomic watchdog agency.

In remarks to the U.N. Security Council, Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin stressed the need for a "determined response" against weapons proliferation.

"In the nuclear sphere, we have put our trust in the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)," where there are rights to uphold and duties to enforce, he said.

"If a state fails in its obligations under the (Nuclear)Non-proliferation Treaty, it is legitimate, once dialogue has been exhausted, to refer it to the Security Council."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran has already said it will not stop again. It also has moved to a more hard lined government since the reformers were ousted in thier recent elections. The question is this: Is anybody scared by U.N. sanctions anymore? Iraq seemed to do fine under the sanctions and the world has to buy Iranian oil. I can lie without a Persian carpet and Beluga caviar, but gas for my car is another matter.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Good! finaly a country that puts Iran on the "Spotlight" and pushes for futher pressure and resolve on dismantiling their "Weapons-Program" i say if they still respond with their ignorent stance then we should push for a "strike" on their Facility's.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Iran has already said it will not stop again. It also has moved to a more hard lined government since the reformers were ousted in thier recent elections. The question is this: Is anybody scared by U.N. sanctions anymore? Iraq seemed to do fine under the sanctions and the world has to buy Iranian oil. I can lie without a Persian carpet and Beluga caviar, but gas for my car is another matter.

So how about we just go over there and take that oil away from them? We are bigger than them and can just bomb them into submission. Just like Iraq, after time, the oil will be ours. Why? Because we need gas for our cars and because of the quagmire in Iraq there is not much coming from there. Plus, if we get control of Iran, we can complete the pipeline connection from Afghanistan to Iraq to Haifa!!!

This is the Globalist/Neo-Con agenda folks. Don't be fooled. The IAEA has not said one word about Iran not playing by the rules. There is no PROOF that Iran is manufacturing nuclear weapons. But again, the excuse will be "Oh we can't let the proof come in the form of a mushroom cloud!" bs that we got the last time or perhaps some more forged documents. The NWO Globalists can't bear to tell the cold hard truth that that this will be a pre-emptive strike (or shoot first, ask questions later) situation. War is always about money and power. It's just too bad there have to be people in this world that can't get enough of it. In my opinion we need to loose this attitude of "ALL FOR ONE, AND ONE FOR ALL, AS LONG AS YOUR THE G8! Otherwise, go *edit* urself."

Mod Edit: Please do not bypass the censors. thx.

[edit on 9/14/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think France is just mad because Iran didnt want to buy a nuclear reactor from them like Iraq did.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This seems like a continuation of the "for domestic consumption" campaign that the French government is running at the moment. They have been trying to win support from the French public as Chirac's public approval ratings are abysmal.

The French government has only threatend to refer them to the UNSC which America has already done. Whats the point of threatening them again? If they really believed the Iranians were breaking the NPT they should cease with the words and actually haul them infront of the UNSC. Like I said about the American governments groundless accusations, put up or shut up France.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
dear u.n i refer u.s and there nuke program.i think we should disarm u.s for there use.recently u.s wants to change its polices on the uses and i find this story is just a wash to the real u.s agenda.they have a larger pie and do not wish to share it.iran has a right as many other countires to stable and more effective electric power.happy 60th birthday u.n.we need you more than ever now.shine on shine on........

top topics

join