It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality on Peaceful Students (Pain Compliance)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is older news, but I haven't seen it on ATS so I will post it here. The gist of the story is students were camping out in tents in a field to protest cuts to higher education, continuing fee hikes, etc. The protests were peaceful and the students had a right to protest.

The video link I am about to present is shocking. Police raid the peaceful protest in the middle of the night. They are clearly seen in the video attacking protesters by choking them violently, clubbing them, dragging them away, and using other "Pain compliance" procedures against them.

Police Brutality on Santa Cruz University Students

I for one am outraged that the police time after time are allowed to get away with this sort of brutality. The question I have time after time is why do police have to use this sort of brutality against peaceful citizens? Wouldn't it make more sense to let the students continue protesting peacefully, rather then physically harm them?

Just take the time to think about this. If you were a student peacefully protesting at your school or university for a good cause what would you do if police came and literally choked you until you passed out? Then dragged your limp body away to jail. I for one would sue the police and charge them with assault!

If we continue to do nothing about this, then nothing will ever change. But if we decide that it is time to rise up, take the blind folds off, open our eyes to the truth, and do something about it... then we will be able to change history to the way it should rightfully be!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What do you edspect when you abuse a privledge.

Anyway it dont suprise me anymore.. This is what we get for americans being blind to whats important.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thickhead,

First of all, your reply makes absolutely no sense. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that english is not your mother tongue...

This is a prime example of fascism in practice. It is a sad day indeed when we have lost our right to assemble peacefully and exercise freedom of speech....

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
The protests were peaceful and the students had a right to protest.

What field? In a public or private campus? Did they have public gathering permits? Why is there no presentation of why the officers used force?

Jono
It is a sad day indeed when we have lost our right to assemble peacefully and exercise freedom of speech....

Since the right to protest hasn't been taken away, I guess its not a sad day.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jono

Thickhead,

First of all, your reply makes absolutely no sense. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that english is not your mother tongue...

This is a prime example of fascism in practice. It is a sad day indeed when we have lost our right to assemble peacefully and exercise freedom of speech....

It makes complete sense.. Pay attention son..

Orignally made by Micheal Bloomberg
People who avail themselves of the opportunity to express themselves ... they will not abuse that privilege, Because if we start to abuse our privileges, then we lose them, and nobody wants that.

Protest a "Privilege," Says NYC Mayor Bloomberg
Bloomberg: Privilege of Speech, Privilege of Assembly
New York tramples Bill of Rights to protect 'grass'?

So does that word make sense yet?? Or do you need me to spell it out for you???

[edit on 9/14/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thichheaded,

Forgive me if I didn't instantly catch your intended sarcasm...that's a rather obscure quote to reference...what do I know, I'm just a simple Canadian, perhaps I haven't been paying close enough attention to the ramblings of Michael Bloomberg.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by Jono

Thickhead,

It makes complete sense.. Pay attention son..

Orignally made by Micheal Bloomberg
People who avail themselves of the opportunity to express themselves ... they will not abuse that privilege, Because if we start to abuse our privileges, then we lose them, and nobody wants that.

Protest a "Privilege," Says NYC Mayor Bloomberg
Bloomberg: Privilege of Speech, Privilege of Assembly
New York tramples Bill of Rights to protect 'grass'?

So does that word make sense yet?? Or do you need me to spell it out for you???

People like you are going to make this country a facist state faster than anything else. Did you even watch the video? Do you honestly think that this is appropriate behaviour from the police? I can tell you that eventually there is going to be a breaking point in all of this. We will not stand for this type of behavior. What did ANY of those students do to deserve that kind of treatment???

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Before you pass judgement, look into my past on here before you jump to conclusions ehh???

we seen already what happened the 1st time around.. wanna go for 2??

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
What field? In a public or private campus? Did they have public gathering permits? Why is there no presentation of why the officers used force?

There wasn't much information about the story in the links I found. So I cannot answer any of your questions. I want to know why the officers used such excessive force as well. The video also jumps from the daytime to night, right before the raid. With no explanation of what happened. I will try and dig up more information, but for the record here are the 2 links where I found the story.

www.prisonplanet.com...

www.indybay.org...

The only thing I found was this quote from the the indybay article:

With a large crowd gathered and an increasing presence of cameras documenting the police brutality, university authorities eventually made a concessionary deal with organizers allowing a small number of participants to camp on the field , according to reports on Free Radio Santa Cruz.

top topics

join