It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Environmental Devistation Coverup

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oops someone already posted about the Bankruptcy issue.

POLLUTION BONDS too? hmmmm again
www.fitchratings.com...

Fitch has downgraded the following ratings and placed them on Rating Watch Negative:

Entergy Gulf States, Inc.

--First mortgage bonds at 'BBB';
--Pollution control revenue bonds at 'BBB-';
--Preferred stock at 'BB+';
--Outlook Stable.

Entergy Louisiana, Inc.

--First mortgage bonds at 'BBB+';
--Pollution control revenue bonds at 'BBB';
--Preferred stock at'BBB-';
--Outlook Stable.

Entergy Mississippi, Inc.

--First mortgage bonds at 'BBB+';
--Preferred stock at 'BBB-';
--Outlook Stable.

Entergy "No Damage" New Orleans looking for a handout from their buds in that pretty little White House:

"For ENOI, bankruptcy is a possibility as its capacity for meeting financial commitments is severely constrained without substantial support from Entergy Corp. or the government. ENOI, the smallest utility within the Entergy group with equity of $166 million, faces restoration costs estimated at $325 million-$475 million, rendering it technically insolvent. Recovery of such costs from a reduced customer base is unlikely, which leaves Entergy and the government as possible sources of funding. "

Coverup?

[edit on 21-9-2005 by XGovGirl]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I would like very much to see the information you have on any government cover ups. Please post it or send it to me at my e-mail address.

Inquirer

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No, I am just looking for the truth. Unfortunately I do not trust your interpetation of the facts. This little issue is a prime example of the situation.

let's just recap it shall we?

You go "recap it" ...start from page one and then when you get to the end......... find yourself to another thread please.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
To xgovgirl,

Please send cover up info to my e-mail address.

Inquirer

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Howard, I don't appreciate you looking to discredit everything I write. Let me clear this up when I was discussing spent fuel possible locations and wrote the word "plant" after Michold, when in other places I put "facility" I think you know clear well what I was referring to. You just look for anything to grab onto. I clearly stated from the beginning there was one nuclear reactor and 47 sites (clearly not reactors there buddy) for Waterford around New Orleans. Is spent fuel scattered across the city? I don't think so, but you trying to make it sound like that is what I was saying is just absolutely unreal. You are just looking for ANYTHING, and me questioning specific locations doesn't mean I'm assuming there is a reactor there. I think I made that clear within the first posts of this thread.

Seriously, you are causing nothing but distraction. You aren't learning us anything here if that is what you think you're doing. You're trying to make yourself seem the expert and hey if you are, I think you're in the wrong thread all together now aren't you? I don't appreciate you taking anything I have posted and turning it around or looking for any type-o, to try to discredit me or crack jokes as if you are some nuclear scientist.

If you feel the need to distract this thread, please just leave. You're grabbing onto little bits and pieces here just to make everyone back track from where we are already. I think it is distracting and annoying to be quiet frank and I wouldn't do that to your thread, and if you consider yourself just some "critic" out to help people, please I really don't NEED or APPRECIATE your help.

Does this thread scare you? Actually don't bother answering that... PLEASE.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Because what she is suggesting is a MASSIVE conspiracy to break federal, state and local laws, as well as to put hundreds, if not thousands of lives at risk.

A conspiracy that would involve just about everyone who works for Entergy, its subcontractors and vendors, State and federal safety inspectors, auditors, and regulators, local building inspectors, fire departments, etc. Literally hundreds of thousands of people would have to be in on this "plot" to store used fuel rods from the Waterford 3 power station in all of the places that she has implied that they are stored at.

----No imply that they were stored anywhere, just questions about specific sites and the possibility of the excess Waterford 3 spent fuel being stored elsewhere from the plant itself. Being that they started having overflow back in 98 if you remember back in this thread, they didn't have that much room when they were given the OK to increase production from the NRC.

The alternative explanation is that there is no "Environmental Devistation Coverup." There are no fuel rods that have been flooded. That the people who work for the State and federal agencies, Entergy, Norco, NASA, Michoud Air Products, etc are, by and large, ethical, moral people who are not criminals, who go to church, live next door to you, send their kids to the to the same schools as you do, and who would no more be involved in such an absurd conspiracy as you would be.

-----Nope it would actually only take a few top officials to know WHAT was in the facilities, as per the fact that Entergy Corp. went into NO first. All of the employees you just named above didn't necessarily have to "KNOW" anything. How many of those employees do you think actually do have access into the restricted Spent Fuel storage areas (at the Waterford 3 plant, as well as any "possible" independent storage facilities). The other top officials that would know would be those in charge of sending in the Entergy team, that took place once the Fed's got there right? Entergy and Bush sure do have a long history together

Furthermore, the conjectures that she has posted are not even remotely supported by the slightest shred of proof.

For instance: Entergy wants to handle and put out the fires related to broken gas lines.

Is that due to a conspiracy involving nuclear materials or just due to the fact that they are the gas company. What do you think?

-----------I think there are too many odd considences all around, including the fact that Entergy was the only ones allowed to deal with such fires and leaks at first. Shall we never question anything?

-------------You don't find it odd that FEMA Entergy and Bush rushed up to the Indian Point power plant before we had hardly even BEGAN the repair work in New Orleans. I think that about says it all....

---------------Why do you feel so threatened by questions? A massive coverup isn't possible huh? Do you own stock in Entergy by chance?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Inquirer why? The gist is here

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XGovGirl

Originally posted by HowardRoark
The alternative explanation is that there is no "Environmental Devistation Coverup." There are no fuel rods that have been flooded. That the people who work for the State and federal agencies, Entergy, Norco, NASA, Michoud Air Products, etc are, by and large, ethical, moral people who are not criminals, who go to church, live next door to you, send their kids to the to the same schools as you do, and who would no more be involved in such an absurd conspiracy as you would be.

Nope it would actually only take a few top officials to know WHAT was in the facilities, as per the fact that Entergy Corp. went into NO first. All of the employees you just named above didn't necessarily have to "KNOW" anything. How many of those employees do you think actually do have access into the restricted Spent Fuel storage areas (at the Waterford 3 plant, as well as any "possible" independent storage facilities). The other top officials that would know would be those in charge of sending in the Entergy team, that took place once the Fed's got there right? Entergy and Bush sure do have a long history together

Ah, the classic conspiracy theorist cop out.

One that is totally divorced from the reality of how things work in the real world.

The "a few top people" theory is a load of fertilizer.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
edit too much caps & this person isn't worth the trouble

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
edit

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Whoa, calm down. no need to shout and get personal.

One of the great things about ATS is that there are a lot of different types on this board. But the one thing most people learn here is that they had better back up their claims with some valid data.

You have made a number of claims and suppositions.

Some of these have been clearly missinterpetations on your part.

(the map of Kentucky comes to mind)

If you do have additional data, plese present it.

(and FWIW, I don't "work" for anyone that has anything to do with these issues. Posting on this board is just a hobby of mine.
)

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Let's get back to the issues.

Is there any proof that radioactive materials have been released as a result of the flooding in New Orleans?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
edit because I have nothing left to say to this person.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Everyone consider Three Mile Island:

I found these:

Reader Forum
Remembering Three Mile Island

discuss.washingtonpost.com...

"College Park, Md.: I was in Harrisburg during the meltdown. The local news media told us nothing. What information we could get on the serious nature of the accident came from the national television news in the evening. It has been a continuous stream of lies and evasion, from the beginning to the present. "

"... But they NEVER TOLD US THAT IN 1979!! The reality of just HOW bad it was has really only recently come to light. The utility company lied through its teeth all through the crisis, when the lives of people living in the area were at stake! How do we know that they won't do that again, if there is another crisis? "

www.mindspring.com...

Honesty? From the NRC to the Plant there is nothing but dishonesty. It's all about the money money money, not safety safety safety. Although it looks to be the biggest concern, as I've seen in many docs now, safety can be brushed off and an exception can be made if money is at stake. Even from the NRC. It seems pretty clear... cut and dry to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Everyone consider Three Mile Island:

Three mile island has nothing to do with New Orleans so it is irrelevant and appears you want to swim off in another direction to avoid Howards question. Now answer Howard's question.

Is there any proof that radioactive materials have been released as a result of the flooding in New Orleans?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No actually I did address Howards questions IN CAPS, but removed them because I threw some other words in there that aren't appropriate. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean Howard didn't.

I addressed his questions quiet well thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

No actually I did address Howards questions IN CAPS, but removed them because I threw some other words in there that aren't appropriate. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean Howard didn't.

I addressed his questions quiet well thank you.

That may very well be the case but you have raised some questions in *MY* mind and *I* would like to see the proof.

You sure seem to have a chip on your shoulder from what I have read and do tend to avoid direct answers so failure to do so will not make you look good in the eyes of others since you are the one who said it as fact. Lets see your proof.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
But just a re-cap because you're asking for it...

HOWARD HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TURN THIS THREAD AROUND. YOU HAVE (FROM THE BEGINNING) CAUSED DISRUPTION IN THE FACT THAT YOU GO BACK TO SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY ADDRESSED ONCE JUST TO DISCREDIT THE WHOLE IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE.

AS FOR "PROOF" AS STATED EARLIER, WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU EXPECT TO GET COLD HARD PROOF FROM. SHOULD I LOOK TO THE NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLE THAT STATES "NEW ORLEANS NUCLEAR CONTAMINATION EVERYWHERE" NO I DON'T THINK SO.

Now to turn the caps off, since I'm recapping I told Howard don't even go there when it comes to cover ups. I said I'm no environmentalist, I'm no nuclear scientist, and I'm no conspiracy theorist. That I take ABSOLUTELY no interest in conspiracy theories but I've seen them sent around like no tomorrow around places such as Myspace. 9/11 was a govt coverup, the weather is created by the govt, I call BS on all of that. I don't believe in trying to come up for reasoning but such as an issue like this where I have experience in the military and know how things "WORK" I'll say something has not been right from the beginning.

I know far well what the military is capable for coverup but I don't run around talking about such, I'm too busy working for Veterans issues and benefits to be bothered with any extra issues quiet frankly.

I did say that I know how coverups work and "DON'T GO THERE" to Howard being that I'm sure I've experienced more about coverups as having been one per say, then he ever has so maybe I know a thing
or two about how things go down when the govt/military feels like
shuffling something under the rug. I also stated that I almost lost my
unborn child and experienced a coverup first hand, so top that.

Howard seems to want us to believe he's some nuclear scientist and
wants to discredit and disprove everything that's been said from
the beginning of this thread. So far I can count approx. 3 times when
he is the one who "turned things around" so to the person above
me, I'm giving you what you wanted. I edited because I think I've
made it clear earlier there is not going to be cold hard proof but
so far from everything that's been gathered that seems to be
what is going on.

Don't blame me for asking questions, as for Howard, based on his
personal messages I can already tell he's playing games here
so that isn't the question.

I just don't appreciate his constant discrediting info. and having to
turn around and go back just to look up something he can
very easily go to yahoo or google to double check the info.

As for the airspace map, I've been through hundreds and hundreds
of articles and web based material over a few weeks now. I pulled
the picture from nukeworkers LISTED UNDER WATERFORD 3 as I
stated the first time. Howard knows this, he just keeps grabbing for
anything to discredit this.

As for where reactors are located, THERE IS ONE, AS STATED IN THE FIRST
FEW POSTS OF THIS THREAD. One reactor with 47 sites throughout
NO.

What I'm doing and have been doing isn't perfect science but clearly
from documentation I've read thus far, Waterford 3 doesn't keep all
of their excess spent fuel at that location. They've been running short of
storage space since 98 and then they were increased. To think it
is absurd for the spent fuel to be located somewhere else in storage,
that is just absurd in itself. What is an ISFSI then...it is an Independent
Spent Fuel Storage Installation, which are now authorized under private companies to handle such waste per the NRC. So him trying to change this
into me saying there is spent fuel all over NO OH MY GOD RUN is just absolutely unbelievable and quiet rude on his part.

I'm trying to locate where the excess spent fuel was stored as clearly Waterford 3 keeps spent fuel OUTSIDE, clearly they don't have enough room for it anymore per the NRC years ago. So can I question it or
would you rather I just sit back and shutup. I think that is what Howard would prefer, clearly he is not just a skeptic as per his private message
to me not denying any personal ties to any of this. Whatever his problem is, I really don't care but I'm not going to keep back tracking just because he doesn't believe it's possible.

I damn well know we had a lag in time for the active duty military to be called in, and I want a damn answer as to why. This is the best I've got based on what I know. And each day as more comes to light, this seems to be the issue at hand.

Can I prove it, does NRC have some big notice "WATERFORD 3 exposed the entire population in NO to nuclear contamination because they are a bunch of f--- up's and always have been"....No I don't think that's what we're going to hear. We will be able to prove this though when all of a sudden it comes to light when too many people figure out what is going on, then it's going to be a "we didn't know" situation.

With enough proof there may be a way to prove they knew if and once this comes out and is what we're looking at here.

I know we didn't send in troops on purpose, the lag wasn't a damn issue of not being prepared. I worked in aerial delivery humanitarian relief efforts for the Air Force. I damn well know what we are capable of thank you very much.

Done with the recap...as Howard said, can we move on. Not that he really has any interest in this topic continuing at all. I find him tactless and yes I AM MAD AT THIS POINT.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
and yeah you're right I have a BIG chip on my shoulder at this point. A very big one indeed.

I know bull# when I hear it and can spot it miles and miles away. That is one gift I've always been blessed with thankfully.

I already know the govt is lying so I'm looking for the reasons as to why.

There is no doubt about the govt not being honest about this whole thing, and that's F-E-D-E-R-A-L another issue you might not want to see me get started on.

If I know people in Pararescue who are pissed off about not getting the call who were only minutes away and I know 53 helicopters, resources, trained professionals, pallets, supplies, and everything that was needed sat within flight minutes away....you better bet I have a big chip. It wont be going away either. I've already expressed this to officials, everyone I could contact and my letter was sent and faxed out to officials by numerous others who know "how things work" but didn't and are also as pissed as I am.

So I want an answer and this is what I've come up with looking at the whole picture day after day minute after minute. I wasn't like "hey let me see if I can come up with some great story" this is what I am believing in my heart to be FACT now. Something is very wrong and has been from the start. I call BS on them not knowing more and I call BS on what we hear as truth in the media.

Believe me this is a system I support more then you realize. I'm very involved in military issues and I have a HUGE mouth when it comes to injustices. This I truly believe is fact. If you can't see it then fine don't bash it, but don't expect me to have cold hard proof in the matter of say a
news article...but hey maybe we'll see one in a few months after it is way too late.

I'm sure we will be made aware at some point, unfortunately that being way way too late.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

But just a re-cap because you're asking for it...

Snipped the worthless information since it has not proof what so ever.

If that was your answer to howard it looks like you have no proof; all that is your own opinion no links were given to back up your claims, so I now ask you to prove your point with facts and links that prove what you saying is true?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join