It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush does not represent Christianity!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am getting so tired of stuff like Iraq being blamed on fundamentalist Christians.

I'm a fundie and I'm against the war--because it's immoral and unconstitutional. As a Christian you are supposed to obey the laws of your land (so long as they don't contradict God's Word). The Constitution is to be obeyed.

Bush is shredding the Constitution.

Why do people call him and Ashcroft "fundamentalist" Christians? The true definition of a fundamentalist Christian is one that believes the Bible--the same Bible that says "blessed are the peacemakers"! And that DOES NOT fit Bush and his ilk!

So much for God and country when it comes to BushCo. Their god is money and they believe in screwing over their country. :bash:

Thanks for listening to my rant.

[edit on 9/14/2005 by Amethyst]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If you really look at it close enough I think you'll find that in reality Bushco. is usually 180 degrees from whatever they say. It's all part of the illusion. They know how to push the right buttons.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If you really look at it close enough I think you'll find that in reality Bushco. is usually 180 degrees from whatever they say. It's all part of the illusion. They know how to push the right buttons.

Which brings me to another rant. You try to tell Christians what Bush is really about and they look at you weird and accuse you of paying too much attention to The Liberal Media. They buy into that left/right paradigm.

I vote third party.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
You try to tell Christians what Bush is really about and they look at you weird and accuse you of paying too much attention to The Liberal Media. They buy into that left/right paradigm.

You say they "buy" in to it, I say it's a conditioned response. I've dealt with enough of them to know. They all say exactly the same thing. This administration uses psychology better than any that came before. It's actually kind of scary.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
1.First president in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
2.In his first two years in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.
3.Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
4.Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
5.Cut the taxes of the wealthiest people in America (those making over $200,000 a year).
6.Members of Bush Administration are the richest administration in history.
7.First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history.
8.Cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any president in U.S. history.
9.Dissolved more international treaties than any president in U.S. history.
10.Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases.
11.First president in U.S. history to attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
12.Took the biggest world sympathy for the U.S. after 9/11, and in less than a year, made the U.S. the most resented country in the world.
13.First U.S. president in history to have a majority of people in Europe (over 70%) view his presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
14.In the 18 months following the 9/11 attacks, he has successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

Really... does Bush represent anything other than an idiot in power?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's a huge mystery as to why Christians want him in office.

Bush is successful all right--at totally screwing things up! :w:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Bush is successful all right--at totally screwing things up! :w:

Believe me, he wasn't nearly this inept when he was Governor of Texas. That tells me he's nothing but a marionette as President.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You try to tell Christians what Bush is really about (...).

Now you're doing the same thing you complained it is donne to you... putting everyone in the same bag and accusing ALL Christians of listening to the Liberal Media.

Theres is also other views, besides "christians" and "liberals"... I am not a Christian and I agree with the war against terrorism. And I dont think it is against the constitution. The Senate voted for it.

As usual American follows the Fashion Trend form France... not only in what comes to Clothes, but also politics...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"Blessed are the peacemakers". The way I look at it, this fighting is temporary, and will bring peace in the end. Sometimes, violence is necessary for peace. A certain quote comes to mind:

"Everywhere, unthinking mobs of "independent thinkers" wield tired clichés like cudgels, pummeling those who dare question “enlightened” dogma. If “violence never solved anything,” cops wouldn’t have guns and slaves may never have been freed. If it’s better that 10 guilty men go free to spare one innocent, why not free 100 or 1,000,000? Clichés begin arguments, they don’t settle them."

-- Jonah Goldberg

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
"Blessed are the peacemakers". The way I look at it, this fighting is temporary, and will bring peace in the end. Sometimes, violence is necessary for peace.

Agreed... how exactly do you make Peace with people that want to see you dead? Do you let them kill you ?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Originally posted by Herman
"Blessed are the peacemakers". The way I look at it, this fighting is temporary, and will bring peace in the end. Sometimes, violence is necessary for peace.

Agreed... how exactly do you make Peace with people that want to see you dead? Do you let them kill you ?

I think 9/11 was an inside job. When you look at things from that viewpoint, suddenly things look really different....

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
WHy isn't he the Anti-Christ instead of Christ on earth? Drinking is a sin in several branches of christianity, killing is a sin in all religons, being evil is a sin in all religons except the branch of christianity that Bush&Co. seem to follow, satanism.

Also isn't doing coke/weed a sin? So he is a sinner there....

Being a greedy ******* a sin?(Greed is a sin right?)

Gluttony is a sin, so he has that one to.

Also he worships money, also a sin.(Only suppose to worship god)

He has done more to hurt America then any president! At least Clinton kept our economy good while he was blowing up civillians in foreign countries, Bush just kills foreign people.

And what is with his picks? A horse judge is replaced with a guy who says Duct tape and plastic will save you from a WMD attack. ANd his SC judge nominee Roberts is on record for ordering torture in Abu Gharib, saying racist comments, and other evil things, yet the christians support him!!!! Pat RObertson keeps praying to god to kill people yet the people still send him money!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
WHy isn't he the Anti-Christ instead of Christ on earth? Drinking is a sin in several branches of christianity, killing is a sin in all religons, being evil is a sin in all religons except the branch of christianity that Bush&Co. seem to follow, satanism.

Don't forget Skull and Bones. That's not exactly a Christian club.

America needs to follow the example of some VFW men and put BS protectors on their ears....

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Gluttony is a sin, so he has that one to.

Bush is guilty of Gluttony!? That's a new one to me. He's gotta be the first person in the superior health category to be guilty of gluttony then.

Anti-Bush people will say anything to try to prove a point...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I think 9/11 was an inside job. When you look at things from that viewpoint, suddenly things look really different....

From whom?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Christianity is huge. You haven't been able to "represent" christianity since martin luther. Bush represents Bush's christianity, and anyone who agrees with him.

People are really good at given stupied labels. Bush is not, for example, a conservative.

And, Jesuisakittycat, there's so much just plain wrong or misleading in that post, I won't even comment on it.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

And, Jesuisakittycat, there's so much just plain wrong or misleading in that post, I won't even comment on it.

AHAHAHAHA.. Facts are facts..

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The true definition of a fundamentalist Christian is one that believes the Bible--the same Bible that says "blessed are the peacemakers"! And that DOES NOT fit Bush and his ilk!

I agree with you. Bush does not represent true Christianity, but a form of 'extremist Christianity'. In other words, Bush has hijacked the Christian religion, much in the same way that Osama hijacked the Muslim religion.

And the scariest part (as you have mentioned) is that Bush's followers don't get it. Neither do Osama's followers. They are following a man instead of the book the man professes to follow. They support BushCo, even though he blatantly goes against the bible. Just like the Muslim extremists.

I'm very well educated in the Protestant religions and I don't see how God would be very happy about people following a man instead of His word... I can't help but think that these people who are going against the bible to practically blindly 'worship' a man are going to be disappointed (to say the least).

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Isn't Gluttony not health but exxcesive comfort/doing what you want when you want even if it hurts people? Taking a 2 hour nap every day, going on month long vacations while people are dieing in a storm that shouldn't have killed if the guy on vacation had been doing his job.

Wow, nothing on greed, murder, or any other sins, but you say gluttony doesn't fit because he goes on bike rides while people die. Gee if he wasn't living such an excesive comfort/lifestyle maybe they wouldn't be dieing because he would be doing his job!

ALso Lance Armstrong would kick him in the jewels in any competition, except drinking.

Also, with his 2 hour naps every day, anyone know when he takes them? Would be fun 20 minutes into it set off fireworks outside of the building he was sleeping in to wake him up, and do it everyday.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Full Metal]

new topics

top topics

join