It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberpunks Unite!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I say Cyberpunks for a reason: This is the first-generation of the Cyberpunk Netrunners. We don't have a neural interface as depicted in Cyberpunk fictions, but we've got the internet & we're the first generation to be figuring out how to use it.
Most of the people here at ATS are already Cyberpunks, even if they recognize it or not; Aren't most of us out there digging up the info, exposing corruption to the masses & opposing further degradation of our Rights?

We are now almost fully into the Information Age: Most people all over the world either have or can get a link to all of the information they could want, thanks to the internet. They can buy a computer, rent a computer or even borrow one...If not, they probably at least know someone who has a 'net link.

We still have the Right to find information (even the beuraucratic red tape of the Freedom of Information Act supports us to some extent). In history, the people who controlled information (& access to it) were the ones to wield the power & control over others. The internet has *changed* that, putting the potential power of knowledge & information into the hands of the common people.

The internet has taken (literally) a world of information & linked it all together; The biggest mistake that the Powers-That-Be made was to allow the common person access to mass-produced, cost-effective computers...With this mistake they've let the cat out of the bag, allowing anyone who can access a 'net-linked computer to be capable of operating with most of the same information that they can use. Even more, the internet does not confine us to accessability to ony *local* forms of media & news...We can share the opinions, views & culture of virtually every country on Earth; What do they think? How do they live? What do they know? The internet has linked pretty much the whole world together...We *are* One World!

The fictional Cyberpunk milieu presumes that the Powers-That-Be will want to take back all of this information...Search for The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) & you'll see that they're already taking steps to do just that. Are you gonna let 'em get away with that, Cyberpunks?

How about the blatent corruption of the government by the "wielders of money"? Are there really any unbought politicians in the government? Dig for the answers. Much of America's problems are caused by subtle manipulation of world markets by those who run the Federal Reserve. What can we do? Search a on NESARA.

Any other large-scale problems of the world bugging you? Use the 'net, contact people (no matter where in the world they happen to be), share information...Sharing is what will make us into a One World!

...And after all, sharing info is what people here at ATS seem to be good at anyway...

[Edited on 7-9-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
We should hold a flashmob in honor of this. Everyone email 50 people in their town and get them to gather in the center of town chanting CYBERPUNK CYBERPUNK and then wander off looking for food.
I`d do it. Anyone want to meet me in lugano in front of manor to chant?

XAOS

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well, besides what I've mentioned before, here's some other things people can do:
(Yeah, I've heard the ol' excuse before, "But Midnight, we're only a very tiny minority at ATS & even if we coodinate our efforts, they still won't listen." Bad excuse for lethargy or apathy, Cyberpunks!)

The thing to do is to join your voice & my voice to efforts that *other* Patriots have already started: NESARA, for example. Once more people actually *know* about these things going on, the more can join against the Governmentally-Initiated Facist State from gaining a too-firm foothold in the US.

Check out: www.givemeliberty.org...
--The American Free Press (AFP) newspaper, published in Washington DC every week and distributed to tens of thousands of subscribers nation-wide, will include in its September 22, 2003 issue, a two-page color centerfold which is the same Ad that USA TODAY recently refused to run "for reasons of taste."

The ad mentioned above is being published by: www.americanfreepress.net... but I found it duplicated at: www.givemeliberty.org...
Also, at the Give Me Liberty website are several petitions & even a civil-action lawsuit against the government that are all getting up to speed.

Afraid that your voice alone isn't enough? Try adding it to a few hundred thousand more voices & we'll see what happens as the outrage against the government becomes more well-known throughout the population at large. It's not just Cyberpunks who're beginning to hear about it & figure it out anymore...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The man has a point.

Sign me up!

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
We must unite using all the access to information / contact with so many people the we have using the internet. It's an excellent point. count me in.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here's something else that enterprising Cyberpunks can do if they happen to be in the Washington DC area...
---------------------------
Treasury, IRS Collude With States To Sustain The Income Tax Fraud

On Friday, September 12th, the Treasury Department issued a �Media Advisory,� calling on all of the nation�s media to have reporters and cameramen at the headquarters building of the U.S. Treasury Department next Tuesday at 10 AM where they will announce a �New Partnership� between the IRS and nine States �to fight abusive tax avoidance.�
Obviously, the government�s intent is to have the media shower the Nation with a blanket of propaganda by flooding Tuesday evening TV and Wednesday morning newspapers with its biased, one-sided story.
It�s time for the People, through the media, to hear �the rest of the story.� It is the government that is the abuser. The government is abusing its constitutionally limited power to tax. The government is abusing our constitutionally guaranteed Right to Petition by its steadfast refusal to answer our Petitions for Redress.
To this we say, �No Answers, NO Taxes.�
-----------------------
The rest of this article can be found at www.givemeliberty.org... if you want to see what can be done. Check it out.

[Edited on 16-9-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ohhhh yeah cyberpunk or not i am the punk part

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm with you MidnightDStroyer, together, everyone can make a change.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You can count me in.

join