It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. officer says Osama may be sick and is in need of medical help.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
link

CAIRO (Reuters) - Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is in poor health and is seeking medical attention, the London-based Arabic newspaper al-Hayat said on Wednesday, quoting a U.S. officer in Afghanistan.

"Osama bin Laden is trying to obtain medical attention," Colonel Don McGraw, director of operations at the Combined Forces Command in Kabul, told a group of British reporters, including one from al-Hayat, it said.

"He (McGraw) refused to say what the Qaeda leader is suffering from or whether it is the same kidney disease which Pakistani officials said in the past he was suffering from," the newspaper added.

Al-Hayat said it was not clear how the U.S. military had obtained its information or where it thought bin Laden might be.

think its true? perhaps...they may have captured one of Osama's operatives and interrogated him. but even if they know he is sick he can seek medical help in Pakistan or get one of the doctors and bring him to Osama.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I guess there's a reasonable answer to this but if this McGraw guy knows as much as he's saying and he won't say how he knows it, it seems to me that the military (or someone in the military) knows where Bin Laden is.

With the military's propensity to blow away targets regardless of collateral damage, why don't they blow this dude up? What are they waiting for? It's been 4 years since Bush said we'll get him 'dead or alive'.

If we know so much, why is he still alive?

(I personally don't believe this story, I think OBL is already captured or dead, but it occurs to me to ask the question...)

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
How many times have I heard this same story? Many times.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
He's diabetic; this automatically puts him at a much higher risk of kidney failure and heart disease (to name but two, assuming he hasn't already needed/received a kidney transplant which would generally negate the need for dialysis).

Admittedly, most information is speculative at best.

List of possibles

Then again, in 1998 NBC apparently reported that he only had months to live...granted, they didn't say how many but dang, this is a really, really generous interpretation of "months", if he's still alive...

Anyway. Some news sources have reported he's "close to death", others that "he's alive and well".

More to the point though...does it even matter?

Operatives/potential martyrs don't need bin Laden. al-Zawahiri is more than capable of doing "the job", so to speak.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
pure speculation here but I would imagine that blowing up the mountains he is hiding in would not leave evidence of his death.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
pure speculation here but I would imagine that blowing up the mountains he is hiding in would not leave evidence of his death.

You think he's hiding in the mountains?

Hmm. If he's still alive, I'm fairly sure he's "holed up" somewhere rather nice and cushy, perhaps in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.

It's not like he doesn't have any contacts...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is a false report, the reporter miss quoted the officer:

Story here: Breitbart

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I say he's in South America living it up with all the money he
pulled when he worked with Bush (yes him and Bush worked
together) and the CIA.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Damn and I wanted to be on the medical team that was going to go to save him!
The operation would have went something like this.
Scapal!
Scapel!
Ruger!
Ruger!
BANG!

Bodybag!
Bodybag!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This sounds familiar.

Maybe it's because I heard it like four years ago. Personally I think he's dead.

He was in a hospital here in America a couple months before 9/11--figure that out!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
You think he's hiding in the mountains?

Hmm. If he's still alive, I'm fairly sure he's "holed up" somewhere rather nice and cushy, perhaps in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.

It's not like he doesn't have any contacts...

no matter where he is, an explosion might not leave body

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm of the belief that he's been dead for some time now. That would also explain why the last video of his doesn't quite look like him.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Damn and I wanted to be on the medical team that was going to go to save him!
The operation would have went something like this.
Scapal!
Scapel!
Ruger!
Ruger!
BANG!

Bodybag!
Bodybag!

i am sure bush would get his best to make sure bin ladin is safe and well ( well sceretly )

he wouldnt want to lose his trumph card over the rest of the world and his people

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I'm of the belief that he's been dead for some time now. That would also explain why the last video of his doesn't quite look like him.

Unless they did Weekend at Osama's!

Still sounds like something out of a bad movie...the videotapes and whatnot....

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
.... maybe there preparing the world for osamas FINAL blow...
a man with such desire to destroy america would surely have some pretty big idea's whiel on his death bed?

just a thought.

But why bother releasing this information AT ALL?
there's got to be a reason the curropt media/governments keep feeding us this dribble..

what are they preparing us for ?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
.... maybe there preparing the world for osamas FINAL blow.....what are they preparing us for ?

Nothing.

The death of Osama (whether it's from disease, assassination, whatever) won't stop terrorism; I doubt his death would result in any major attack or increase in activity.

It's al-Zawahiri we should be watching for (if anyone)....

(assuming they're both real, etc)

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My theory:

Osama was probably not involved with 9/11. He is being used against his well as an Emmanuel Goldstein type figure. He also happens to be dead. Therefore, in order to keep prolonging their use of him as justification for war, the government has to fake videos of him now.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
One thing that will be very very interesting.

Is.. internatioanl outcry is starting to be heard that Zarqawi is long dead an the US is using him for an excuse
well Osama used Zarqawi in his taunts not long ago.

Proove Zarqawi is fake, u prove OsamA is fake.

Because why would Osama refer to him if he was never really there?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
My theory:

Osama was probably not involved with 9/11. He is being used against his well as an Emmanuel Goldstein type figure. He also happens to be dead. Therefore, in order to keep prolonging their use of him as justification for war, the government has to fake videos of him now.

I think that too. I wonder if they've been using 1984 as a blueprint or something.

Orwell must be spinning in his grave....

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Proove Zarqawi is fake, u prove OsamA is fake.

Because why would Osama refer to him if he was never really there?

There's a bit of that with these two.
Al-Zarqawi refers to himself as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi as per the Defence Departments label yet his real name is Fedel Nazzel Khalayleh, Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh or Fadel Nazzal al-Khalayleh.

Since around December 2001 when it was declared that Bin Laden had died, both Bin Laden and his successor, Zarqawi have gone out of their way to be making statements which refer to the US ways of talking. If they were natural in how they spoke and acted, the Pentagon would have a hard time selling it to the public so instead the two fakerists Westernise their behavior and language to 'help' us hate them.

Al-Zarqawi referenced 'bukkake' photos from Abu Gharib Kim Sun video was released - problem is, those photos haven't been released, only US military and Congress have seen them.

The CIA gave Bin Laden the code name "Tim Osman" so they could meet with him over the years, including Sept 12th at a US military hospital in Pakistan.

These guys are purely working, ultimately, for the CIA who is ultimately working for Isreal. The USA is the financial and muscle vessal to saving Isreal's skin, Global organised terrorism is the spark created to ignite the small pockets of terrorism which has always existed so there's an excuse to warrent the removal of Isreals surrounding enemies.
The easiest way to secure Isreals future and to dominate the world with a empire is to create an enemy which lives on top of the worlds quickly diminishing energy supply.
While saying your 'fighting for freedom' and 'stopping the spread of terrorism' your actually trying to spur this on and make it into a legit problem while moving into the oil rich regions.
It's like a magicians 'trick of the hand' tatic, showing us all the nasty terrorists while the other hand is getting a strong grip on the energy reserves.

The most powerful nation on Earth in the next 10 years will be the one controlling the distribution of oil. When people say this is about oil, it's true but it's got nothing to do with the money made from pumping it, it's about the control and power you have when countries fall at your feet needing it.

China is doing a similar thing with manufacturing goods and getting countries to rely on them so they have some leverage in a few years time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join