It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farrakhan says levee was breached to destroy the black part of town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Farrakhan visits Charlotte's Katrina shelter, criticizes federal response

www.wcnc.com...

Minister Louis Farrakhan was in Charlotte Monday to rally support for his Millions More March. However, he did have some choice words about the response to Hurricane Katrina victims some of whom are staying at the Charlotte Coliseum.

Farrakhan's been traveling across the country to visit shelters like the one that is set up at the coliseum. He said he's not happy with the job the American Red Cross is doing.

He had harsh words for FEMA too. But that was just the warm up. Farrakhan also shared his thoughts on how the levee breached in the first place.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry," Farrakhan said.

Gilton Balanos lived in the very neighborhood Farrakhan was talking about.

"I think that's ludicrous," Balanos said. "When this happened we were caught by surprise. Individuals, the government and everybody were caught by surprise."

Farrakhan also said that the Red Cross’ response to the disaster was inadequate. Red Cross Spokesperson Pam Dagle said "there was no basis for the criticism."

As for the issue of how the Red Cross spends money and on whom, Daigle said "the Red Cross’ books are open for anyone who wants to see the audits, who wants to see how we spend money."

"I'm sure some good is being done, but not enough to answer the cry." Farrakhan said.

Some evacuees who spoke to 6NEWS said they support Farrakhan and his look into what happened in New Orleans and other affected areas.

President Bush said Monday that Hurricane Katrina did not discriminate and neither will recovery efforts.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by noslenwerd]

[edit on 14-9-2005 by noslenwerd]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Farrakhan's an idiot....and so is all those who follow him, IMO.

Back on topic, there are better ways of knocking off people.
Like maybe a virus or something.....I seriously doubt
(if the levee break was intentional) that the reason would be
to knock off blacks, there are easier and cheaper means to do so.

new topics

join