It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Osama admit to 9/11 or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He didnt take responsibility because he didnt do it. Thats not to say he wasnt glad, happy or dancing in the streets...I wonder how those cave parties are anyways? Must be a hoot.

I'd agree with you there. Just because you rejoice doesn't necessarily make you responsible.

Maybe they have parties like Fred Flintstone...?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If bin Laden did deny being responsible for 9/11 then he probably had nothing to do with it. That doesn't mean that al-Qaeda had nothing to do with the attacks. The real brains behind al-Qaeda is Zawahiri, who used bin Laden for his money.

Anyways, in the end, as some one else has already pointed out in this thread, al-Qaeda is the new Soviet Union. al-Qaeda does not pose a strong threat to anyone anymore (I'm not saying Islamic terrorism doesn't) just like the Soviet Union posed little threat to the U.S. in the 1970s. It's all garbage created by the neo-cons to control the public and it is working extremely well again.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink
If bin Laden did deny being responsible for 9/11 then he probably had nothing to do with it. That doesn't mean that al-Qaeda had nothing to do with the attacks. The real brains behind al-Qaeda is Zawahiri, who used bin Laden for his money.

Yes but it seems like the government would recognize that if they didn't have anything to hide -- well, that among many other things.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by white4life420Yes but it seems like the government would recognize that if they didn't have anything to hide -- well, that among many other things.

I'd assume that the U.S. government believes that Osama is the one in charge. Symbollically he is, but in reality he isn't.

The government can start to believe their own lies. For example, former C.I.A. director William Casey (1981-1987) believed the neo-cons lies that the Soviet Union was still a threat when in reality the U.S.S.R. was collapsing from the inside.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Yesterday, commies, today, al-Qaeda.

Tomorrow, aliens. No jokes...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
What we're saying is, if bin Laden was responsible and wanted to make a statement, why would he suddenly say he didn't do it?

Perhaps because he didn't want Afghanistan to be attacked? Or he wanted to ensure that if it was, America would be criticised because the case against him hadn't been proven? Or maybe the Taleban told him to issue a denial for the same reasons? Sounds plausible to me.

Anyway, I've never really understood how the "bin Laden denial" case is supposed to make any sense. Aren't we constantly told that he's a CIA asset who does whatever the US Government said? Then why would he issue a denial?

But okay, let's assume he's a separate entity and the denial was real. Then why hasn't he or al Qaeda complained about the many supposedly forged 9/11 admissions post Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The British Government, or a branch thereof, released a report in the months after 9/11 detailing the proof it had that Osama was responsible for 9/11. I remember reading this report back then but can't find it now (remembering its name would help me, admittedly.) I know for a fact it existed, and was made public. To my knowledge, no similar US report was issued, which seems odd, given that the event happened in the US. I guess our administration figured we didn't need any proof before we offered up our childrens' blood to punish those responsible. If anyone can prove me wrong, I would be very happy.

-koji K.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I am pretty sure I know of the report your talking about.

I am pretty sure it says the evidence they have against him is actually "weak"

A friend of mine read through all of the documents published by the UK, and he says there is no evidence linking Bin Laden to the terrorist attacks (and he is a skeptic of conspiracy theories)

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think the USA's foreign policy is a far more successful tool for recruiting anti-American terrorists than anything bin Laden or Zarqawi (bin Laden junior) could ever do, unofrtunately.

www.cnn.com...

180 Iraqi dead in 2 days (so far).

That's 180 entire families that might blame the United States of America for their kin's death. 180 families that just might have one off-kilter member who just might be willing to do something brutal and stupid to get revenge.

And no, I don't think bin Laden had anything to do with 9-11. A terrorist's whole raison d'etre is to CLAIM RESPONSIBILITY.

The level of certainty that the US had that bin Laden was the culprit within HOURS was far too convenient for me to ever swallow.

And as soon as bin Laden said he didn't do it, I believed him. If he HAD, he would've had a press conference about it and he would have shouted it from the rooftops.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
In another Sept. 11 conspiracy video, they show the confessional tape of Osama Bin Laden. In the movie he has on a gold watch and gold rings, both illegal in the eyes of the muslim religion. Also, Bin Laden is writing with his right hand. On the "wanted" poster put up by the US, it explains him to be left handed. (ambidexterous?) It also compares his image from the confessional video to other Bin Laden pics, there are some differences but not much. And finally I end with a question. Where is he now and how come we have not been able to find him? We found Saddam with his vast network of underground tunnels and available "hiding" places, why can't we find Bin Laden?

BlueAngel

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAngel
In another Sept. 11 conspiracy video, they show the confessional tape of Osama Bin Laden. In the movie he has on a gold watch and gold rings, both illegal in the eyes of the muslim religion. Also, Bin Laden is writing with his right hand. On the "wanted" poster put up by the US, it explains him to be left handed. (ambidexterous?) It also compares his image from the confessional video to other Bin Laden pics, there are some differences but not much. And finally I end with a question. Where is he now and how come we have not been able to find him? We found Saddam with his vast network of underground tunnels and available "hiding" places, why can't we find Bin Laden?

BlueAngel

You're absolutely right. Done some more research into that tape -- what a crock of s***! Does not even look like him.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Is there a location where the post-9/11 bin Laden videos are available to watch? And, also, are there independent translations of these tapes? We've all seen the fake bin Laden images, but I'd like to see the tapes themselves with translations to determine for myself.

[edit: I did search on Google, but in the quick search I did I was only able to find transcripts.]

[edit on 16-9-2005 by LoganCale]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join