It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Security Firm now in NOLA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's one of the things I can't seem to figure out. If government is to supply Security and Defense (Police and Military) then why do they need to hire private firms to supply this? Why doesn't government just hire more Police Officers???

Private Security Firms just add more taxpayer cost, leaves more room for corruption and kickbacks, less responsibility and accountability to taxpayers. The other obvious benefit is private firms can get away with more than government employees can. Private firms do not have a Constitution to worry about.

So you have to wonder why are private firms in NOLA?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
IMO the mercenaries are being used in NO for the same reason they are being used in Iraq. Their actions reflect the agenda of their employers, and they are not accountable to the American people, especially since their very presence is being downplayed to the point that most of the public do not even realize that they are there. Mercenaries do a job. They are not guided by morals, ideals, or the best interests of the public. They do what they are paid to do.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
yes, cindy... that is much of the reason...

the other is that these guys are temps...

It would look bad if we hired another 10,000 police, FEMA personel... only to fire them all months later when the job is done...

The question here is:
Why the serious merc security, instead of the normal retirees that are usually used in FEMA ops?

the normal crew are normal work a day people that do a good job...
so why call out the big guns?
the Jawa post blog that H roark pointed out, had some pretty good reasons.
it is ugly down there... the normal retirees can't handle this level of situation...
they truly need people who are used to seeing blood and gore...
If you haven't read his link... it is imperitive you do so...
it is a personal blog by one of the "mercs" doing the work in that area..

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Why is it so easily assumed that all these guys are trigger happy, drooling blood fiends operating outside the bounds of the legal system. The Spec Ops community is one of the most controlled, respected, and patriotic of the military community. These are guys who have families, come from respectable backgrounds, and are probably pleased to be helping out in some way. It just happens that they have a specialty which some find disturbing. That doesn't mean they are going to start firing randomly on old ladies.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Most Spec Ops guys are quite respectful and do a wonderful job. Many join up to be Spec Ops so they can go out and kill. When they discover that is not what Spec Ops is all about, they leave. And who hires them? Blackwater. Wackenhut. They become Mercenaries.

You know, there is a "perfect world" that many of you think exist, and then there is another world. Not everyone trained at Spec Ops are patient, thinking people. And they last long in Spec Ops. But they have to go somewhere. And outfits like Blackwater and Wackenhut love that type. This type is easily led, easily controlled, easily brainwashed into believing whatever you need.

Hopefully everything will go fine in NOLA. I have my doubts and I have my doubts the press will be able to report what does happen.

What I thought was important was the waste of taxpayers money and how easy it is for Government to give a contract to someone like Blackwater. With all of their military and government ties, it is easy for contract money to end up back in the hands of those that originally awarded the contracts. The corruption in an already overly corrupt city.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I know many people are concern with former Rangers, Seals, and Delta Force being in NO. but you must understand these people aren't young tigger happy boys that would shoot grandmothers crossing the street.

They know that they are political tools, and aren't as easily brain washed as you might think. They know more about how the Federal Government functions and what makes them tick than some of us do. Of course some of these mercs could be blood thirsty assassins, I am sure you'll find some psychopaths in this eccentric field, but don't let that represent the Spec Ops community as a whole.

You must remember these guys been in the military for years, and are usually more level headed than these young new comers going into Iraq for a game of real life Counter-Strike. These guys are the best of the best at what they do. They do this by choice. The Government wants to hire these guys because they have years of Spec Ops training, compared to younger guys in Spec Ops just getting started. They have already developed and perfected their elite skills. Which is in high demand. It takes a very special kind of person to do what these professionals can. It isn't Blackwaters fault they are in NO. They have a family to feed.

Sure it might make you wonder why such an elite group is in NO, but it is up to each professional individual in Blackwater to make the right ethical, and moral decision based on the situations presented.

[edit on 113030p://000 by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

These guys are the best of the best at what they do. They do this by choice. The Government wants to hire these guys because they have years of Spec Ops training, compared to younger guys in Spec Ops just getting started. They have already developed and perfected their elite skills. Which is in high demand. It takes a very special kind of person to do what these professionals can.

Which is why they are operating on US soil, with our government's blessing? And this is necessary? Really?

It isn't Blackwaters fault they are in NO. They have a family to feed.

As everyone does. But the mercs are taking away American's Constitutional and Civil Rights. They are defending global corporate government - not America.

The Blackwater mercs are in New Orleans to defend global corporatism, not democracy.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I never stated it was necessary to have such an elite group operating in NO.
I just stated it is up to each professional individual in Blackwater to make the right ethical, and moral decision based on the situations presented.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Youd be surprised what an ex sp ops commando is willing to do at the tune of $1000/day
$24,000/month
$240,000/yr
That is if they work 6 days a week.
Big difference than in Mil Service(Sp Forces) at the tune of $40-70k /year

Not to mention the rush of being King Bad Ass

Of course I think they reported something like $350.00-450.00/day in NO they were paying Black Water to watch over some crack heads.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

As everyone does. But the mercs are taking away American's Constitutional and Civil Rights. They are defending global corporate government - not America.

The Blackwater mercs are in New Orleans to defend global corporatism, not democracy.

I'm not sure I follow how they are taking away American's Constitutional and Civil Rights.

As far as defending corporations, if I were the CEO of a major corp. I would have no hesitation in hiring the best security available. The NOPD has shown that they are incapable of handling the task.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
They have operators there providing static security for hotels and refineries. Many of the guys being deputized are former law enforcement. It just surprises me that for the kind of people that Blackwater is there to defend against people have spent all this time criticizing them instead.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Additionally, it has become protocol for Blackwater operators to take the same oath the military takes to support and defend the constitution.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join