It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Security Firm now in NOLA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Blackwater Security has armed personnel in NOLA. This group is known for their security in Iraq and losing 4 men in Fallujah. Link Due to the training and past experience of their personnel, their employees are commonly called Mercenaries. Blackwater is considered to be more feared than Wackenhut Security.

Some Blackwater Employees claim to have been deputized by the governor, some say they are on contract with the Department of Homeland Security and have been given the authority to use lethal force.

Blackwater mercenaries are some of the most feared professional killers in the world and they are accustomed to operating without worry of legal consequences. Their presence on the streets of New Orleans should be a cause for serious concern for the remaining residents of the city and raises alarming questions about why the government would allow men trained to kill with impunity in places like Iraq and Afghanistan to operate here. Some of the men now patrolling the streets of New Orleans returned from Iraq as recently as 2 weeks ago.

As the threat of forced evictions now looms in New Orleans and the city confiscates even legally registered weapons from civilians, the private mercenaries of Blackwater patrol the streets openly wielding M-16s and other assault weapons. This despite Police Commissioner Eddie Compass' claim that "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons."

The Blackwater men claim to be making $350 a day plus per diem. Blackwater Security admits to 150 of their personnel being there.

Is this a sign that US government employees and the Military are not enough personnel to control New Orleans???

Or is something more sinister about to happen there?

Can this be expected in future emergencies?

Is this what the American People want to see in their own Cities?

Blackwater in New Orleans
Blackwater Patroling with M-16s
Blackwater Mercanies in NOLA
Blackwater's Website

[edit on 9/14/05 by Qwas]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwas
why the government would allow men trained to kill with impunity in places like Iraq and Afghanistan to operate here.

What do you mean 'why'???

These guys are security contractors. They are providing security. They are largely made up of former US special forces service members. Considering that armed mobs were firing upon rescue choppers and assaulting hospitals for IV drugs, yeah, it might be good to have experienced professionals in the area, especially considering that the population might have to be forcibly evacuated. If there were riots over looting, god knows what'll happen when this starts.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Its only a matter of time, its only a matter of time...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
So you don't believe in our legal system? You know, Due Process? Right to a Fair Trial? You think taking a life is fair treatment for stealing?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Who said anythign like that Qwas? Besides, the police can shoot to kill, and it happens all the time. I never said that Blackwater should capture, try, and execute people, a la Judge Dredd. I said that Blackwater is very good at what they do, and that is provide security. They've been contracted to do security, and thats what they are providing.

Cole

Anything to rationally contribute??

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Cole

Its the most rational reply youll see in this thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Mercenaries in our streets in American how well does that sound?

I think is an outrage, but I guess we ARE in America but America is now the land of the few and for Enterprise purposes.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am familiar with the security that is usually hired for these FEMA jobs, and they are not "blackwater" types...
they are also usually under the FEMA umbrella, NOT homeland security...
FEMA regularly hires security for all emergency situations... but these are nice retired police officers and normal security people... not black ops mercenarys...

I know of 400 such security personel, that have recieved orders to work in the area, but are still being held back...

maybe the officials are still worried about an uprising or civil disturbance, but that doesn't mean they should send in the mercs...

or maybe they have better control of leaks with these guys (security clearance)...
the other security personel (nice guys) dont have security clearance, but dont need it...

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
maybe the officials are still worried about an uprising or civil disturbance, but that doesn't mean they should send in the mercs...

or maybe they have better control of leaks with these guys (security clearance)...
the other security personel (nice guys) dont have security clearance, but dont need it...

Bolded, exactly! Why no pics? Why no media? I'm not a conspiracy theorist but this stinks of cover-up. By who? Does it matter?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Mercs in New Orleans sounds aghast. Since when is thier such a security issue that a blunt military force, and independent forces are needed to control? This is not Faluhja, this is New Orleans. My sentiments in regards to right of private property, gun ownership, and the outright dubious cloud beset right now has been expounded by other members, no need for me to state it.

Luxifero

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

Au Contraire

For more incredibly erudite and thought provoking posts, look here

marg
I think is an outrage

I really don't see whats so outrageous about contracted security. There's lots of private security firms in the US. And its not like these guys are mercs hired from militias out of africa or pirates from the south china seas. They're mostly US servicemen who've moved into private industry.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

There's lots of private security firms in the US. And its not like these guys are mercs hired from militias out of africa or pirates from the south china seas. They're mostly US servicemen who've moved into private industry.

They are mercenaries with a happy trigger just like they have been happy in Iraq.

They are getting a reputation already.

But you are right, we are in America after all as soon they step over somebody's toe it will be not end of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly thrilled with the de facto martial law in NOLA.

I'm not happy with our "lawmakers" making laws that run contrary to the Constitution, which is supposed to be THE law of the land.

It may not affect you yet--but wait. Just wait. And by the time you realize what a mess we're in it'll be too late.

(I'm a poet and don't know it....)

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
They are mercenaries with a happy trigger just like they have been happy in Iraq.

Doubtful, in Iraq, they're in a weird place with exploding mines. In NOLA, sure the people talk funny, but they're not sneaking aroudn trying to kill ya. And when they are, well, they should be shot. Besides, the trigger happies in Iraq are the kids, these guys usually have 5-15 years experience as in special forces, let alone the actual military.

amethyst
I'm not exactly thrilled with the de facto martial law in NOLA.

I thought martial law for the city was actually declared?

It may not affect you yet--but wait. Just wait.

And keep waiting and waiting and waiting...

Sorta like a perverse energizer bunny

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Privatizing emergency planning, the body count, security... Kewl. And these nice boys really all are doing such a good job. (Not.)

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted byC0le

Nygdan

C0le

Cole... I count the remaining years myself. Head up river. We both know how these years will be recalled history books.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I really don't see whats so outrageous about contracted security. There's lots of private security firms in the US. And its not like these guys are mercs hired from militias out of africa or pirates from the south china seas. They're mostly US servicemen who've moved into private industry.

Just because something has been substantiated in the past does not make it a Truth.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Agreed, so lets wait for great misdeed before assuming that they have and will happen.
The mere pressence of these people does not mean that anything terrible is happening.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Every time I see privatization of the security in this country it should raise concerns, why? because that is what we have our local police, national guard for.

Why the need for private security in a matter that has to do with population specially civilian population.

That alone raise my concerns.

Perhaps my conspiratorial mind is the one working me out, but I really didn't felt very good the last time I went to Fort Bening Army military base here in GA and hadto give my Identification card to a civilian in security uniform that was not a police officer.

Even my husband felt it was not right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join