It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Roberts’ Role in the Guantanamo Hunger Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
John Roberts should not be allowed to sit on the Supreme Court. He does not uphold the constitution or the Geneva Convention. This undermining of the rule of law and of the rights of individuals to have their day in court is unacceptable. And it is unAmerican.

John Roberts’ Role in the Guantanamo Hunger Strike

By Mike Whitney

09/12/05 "ICH" -- -- When Senate hearings convene this week for Supreme Court candidate John Roberts, let’s hope that they focus on the hunger strike taking place at Guantanamo Bay. It was Robert’s ruling in Rumsfeld vs. Hamdan that hastened a massive 200-man hunger strike that is now in its second month and has hospitalized at least 15 inmates. The prisoners are demanding that they be given the opportunity to challenge the terms of their detention in a court of law, a principle that Roberts does not support. He ruled in the Hamdan case that the President was not constrained by international law and that “the Geneva Conventions do not create judicially enforceable rights.”
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Today it is the Muslim who is labled a terrorist. Tomorrow it could be YOU.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I find it highly interesting that no one seems to want to discuss this aspect of Judge Roberts' record. But then, I guess that might throw him into a bad light. It would bring up those bad ol' Abu Ghraib memories.... can't let that happen.

I don't care how good he looks, how suave, smooth and mild-mannered this guy is, he is an ememy of liberty. Do not be fooled! It could be YOU who is thrown away next for disagreeing with the US government's position... with the help of Roberts' (3-judge ruling on the Hamdi case), all they have to do is LABEL YOU a terrorist/enemy of the state. It's not nearly as far-fetched as it may sound.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
One of the things about the Roberts man is that through the years he has made very racial and cynical comments including gender.

A leopard do not change its stripes and he is still the same it was when he made the comments and express his opinions.

He is on an agenda, and his god is the god of power and special interest.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How does the saying go? I have no idea so I will make my own, I think, it could be dead on.

They came for (insert name/group) and I said nothing for it wasn't me.
Then they came for (insert name/group) and I said nothing for it wasn't me.
They then came for (insert name/group) and I said nothing for it wasn't me.
Then they came for me and no one spoke out for no one was left.

First Bush and Friends went for arabs, then gays, then any country with oil(Iraq, Iran, Syria), then smart people(he supports creation in science classes), then blacks(Genocide of New Orleans), who will he go after next?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Let us focus on the Gitmo hunger strike. If these terrorist want to starve themselves to death, let them. I heard somewhere it was a peaceful way to die.

Anyway I love liberal hysteria!

Roberts is a great choice for the Supreme Court. He is making his interrogators look like idiots. These interrogators have planned for weeks to come up with questions to throw him off. There Roverts sits all by himself with no notes, and he is destroying them. CONFIRMED! No doubt.

Now if only we could get a real conservative on the bench. Someone like John Ashcroft or Roy Moore would be great!

@ Full Metal

Bush went after arabs? I thought Bush had ties to Saudi Arabia?

Gays? Just because someone thinks marriage is between one man and one women, does that mean he is going after them. BTW if a gay man wants to marry a lesbian woman, he should be allowed to by all means.

Any country with oil? Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Russia, Mexico, Canada, did Bush go after them?

Smart People? What is so smart about the THEORY of Evolution?

Then your most assanine comment...Genocide of Blacks by Hurricane Katrina. Those people who were relying for help from the federal government where put in that position because they relyed on the federal government.

You won't understand that last statement but think about it.

top topics

join