It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Honestly, with all political hard feelings aside, who do you think would have the best chance at being President of The United States in 2008 and why? Input from members who live in other countries would be especially interesting.

I am personally registered as an Independent. I was raised as a conservative Republican, but several years ago I concluded that all political officals are shady in their own way. Now I don't really know who to trust.

No sarcastic or smart-a** responses. I just want the honest opinion of regular people from all over the world. The future of our world may depend on it!..............................

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Personally I think Hillary "Dragon Lady" Clinton has the best shot, with her connections.

Still, I'm voting Constitution Party. I don't care if their candidate has a snowball's chance in summer of winning, at least I can say that I voted for someone who won't drag this country down!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm voting anti-incumbant. If you are in office now I'm going to try to vote you out. Party doesn't matter. If you are in the government now, you are part of the problem. The absolute most harmful thing to be found in our government is the "Career Politician".

Throw them all out.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That makes sense, but what about those who try to fix the problem? Should you vote them out because they are one against many trouble makers? But good idea, except 2008, the president race will be between two new people, no incumbent.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I was raised as a Republican, but changed to Independent status a few years ago because I think all politicians are slimy. It's just a question of who is the least slimy out of them all..........

Hillary Clinton may be a raging, self-righteous *itch, but at least she has guts. Maybe that's the kind of person we need to run this country.

........Robin Williams once said in his stand-up routine,"A woman as President. There would never be any wars. Just every 28 days, HEATED NEGOTIATIONS!":bash:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
That makes sense, but what about those who try to fix the problem?

But, I don't think any of them are actually trying to fix the problem. Do you see any evidence at all that any of them are? I don't believe you can get elected to a national office in this country without already being in someone's pocket.

But good idea, except 2008, the president race will be between two new people, no incumbent.

True, no incumbant in the Presidential Race. I'll be voting Libertarian where possible. However, there are many races where the only choice is for one of the two big (and hidiously corrupt) parties, and in those cases, the anti-incumbant rule comes into play.

top topics

join