It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Black, In This White Man's World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I prefer to call them "The Man" in reference to Undercover Brother.

Yes, you are correct in that The Man uses race to further divide the nation. This keeps people focusing on things other than what they are doing to us all.

A perfect example of The Man in action is LBJ's Great Society. This trap was used to castrate Black men, denigrate black women and put black children in the next cycle poverty, if their parents don't see that they are tools of the Man to enslave us all.

Having a victim's mentality is what The Man wants the Black population to have. If this be the case, they will rely on the government, and the government will continue own them, as they have since the Emancipation Proclamation Act. They will then be used to divert the White's attention, making them worry about the dimes spent on welfare and pay no attention to the five's and ten's spent elsewhere.

Divide and conquor. It works all the time.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Having a victim's mentality is what The Man wants the Black population to have. If this be the case, they will rely on the government, and the government will continue own them, as they have since the Emancipation Proclamation Act. They will then be used to divert the White's attention, making them worry about the dimes spent on welfare and pay no attention to the five's and ten's spent elsewhere.

Divide and conquor. It works all the time.

Darn I have to agree with you on that one . . .I guess after a rocky start I guess Mr. Thomas Corwn actually have a good point.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Would someone please point to the ‘Mexican racist postage stamp’ thread? Perhaps I wouldn’t be so confused if I had read that.

To the Blessing of Vision: Whenever someone comes out and says, basically, “Hey, I’m persecuted, and it’s because of you and your kind… Feel for me” it’s kind of an open invitation that will certainly bring out the responses that you’ve gotten from Thomas Crowne and in the U2U. I rarely agree with TC on anything, but I partially see his point here, especially about the ‘white man’. It seems to me you’re talking about the elite, as opposed to a skin color; a class as opposed to a race.

People are people and in my opinion, your attempt to express the black man’s station as being a result of ‘the white man’ is a cop-out and racist in itself. No different than saying that music sucks these days because of ‘black music’ or crime is out of control in Chicago because of ‘the black man’. Surely you are aware that it goes much deeper and is a much larger issue than skin color?

I do ‘empathize’. I have compassion for minorities, for gay people, for women, anyone who has been persecuted. I also empathize with the white man. In our culture today, he takes the hit for a lot of stuff that simply is not his responsibility. Whenever you go categorizing people by their color, there’s trouble ahead, because there are good and bad in every race. There are good and bad gay people, There are good and bad men, there are good and bad black people. Color is not the deciding factor here.

I’m also a firm believer that we create our own reality.

I believe that buying into the “Black man born into a White Man’s World” mentality is doing a disservice to you. It’s setting you up for failure and self-pity. This is not a black/white thing. If it was a strictly black/white thing (as you seem to be indicating) then how do you explain Clarence Thomas, Oprah Winfrey, Halle Berry, Bill Cosby, Barack Obama, on and on and on… How do you explain the homeless white men sleeping under cardboard?

We as a nation have a long way to go to be truly equality-minded and I doubt we’ll ever get there. It’s not in our nature. Like ECK said, we can strive to understand, but we’ll never really know how it feels.

And some people will not strive to understand. And that is their right. You can expect them and want them to understand, but you'll be disappointed. In my single days, I dated several other races. I don’t consider myself to be racist or prejudiced in any way. But when you start talking about ‘the white man’ my hackles raise.

(I see you guys have changed it to The Man. Well, The Man is the reason we all suffer to some extent. It's not just black people who suffer from his crap.)

I’m not going to agree with you that the black man’s position is because of ‘the white man’ and I’m not going to buy into the idea that the young black people’s issues and problems are because of ‘the white man’. People are people. And I’m not going to empathize with the fact that some ancestors of yours may have been slaves. But I do feel very sorry that you would attempt to use that as a reason for not getting what you want in your life. Or that anybody would use their ancestral history as a reason to be stuck, to keep them from moving forward to ‘be anything they want to be’, because I think they can. As long as they don’t accept the mindset that ‘the white man’ is keeping them down.

We all have a history, some more incredible than others, but none more deserving of compensation than any others. Everyone suffers. It’s life. We all hurt and no one can fully understand what we each go through.

I hope I haven’t sounded too harsh or unfeeling. I do feel for you but probably not in the way that you’re asking me too. If I’ve misunderstood your point, I apologize.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Really? ECK? You must have come from a really nice neighborhood.

It took me a long time to realize how lucky I had it growing up. Of course, when you grow up having everything you could want or need, that is usually the case.

Sounds like you couldn't relate to me, as your description of the people from the ghettos and the reservations would fit me.

I have neither the time nor space (here and now) to elaborate on the diversity of my experiences. Suffice it to say, I've spent plenty of time on all rungs of the social ladder, be it at the top, in the best of all worlds, or in a third-world country, a trailor park in the country down south, the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona or the working class neighborhoods of Seattle. I've lived in the four corners of this nation and in parts in between. I've had friends on every level of the economic spectrum and of most races common to the Americas. You would be quite surprised at how at home I can be wherever I am. It is a mistake to make such assumptions.

Sure, my folks were wanting to send me to college, but you know what? I wasn't blind, and I knew the crap cost money.

I went to college. Blew two scholarships and a trust fund.. why? Because I was young, dumb and had lousy guidance. My dad was dead. My mom had issues and the rest of my family (who expected me to graduate) lived on the left coast. I wasn't ready for college and wasn't interested. So, I quit, went home and worked for awhile and realized I wanted to actually do something with my life. So, I joined the Army and off I went. To my great surprise, it was a much better fit for that time in my life. If anything, it made me want to go to college and study, so that I could actually be an expert at something. It all worked out well. As I learned, we are not all programmed to follow the same path.

It was kind of sad, after coming home from the war, and being very proud, I was talking to my grandmother on the phone. There was no "Conratulations!" from her... Know what she said? If your father were alive, you never would have gone into the military!" Sweet, huh? How the hell did she know that? (Probly b/c my father would have demanded I finish my degree first.) At any rate, I wouldn't change a bit of it. As I've said many times before, the Army and Desert Storm was the best political science class I ever had.

I went Army, six days after high school. Guess what? There were plenty otehr white kids as well as black kids who served. Another thing, there haven't been an overwhelming number of blacks in my "higher learning" (You know, the universities, where people teach kids WHAT to think, IAW the NWO agenda), but when I went to a trade school for avionics, there was. And, guess what else? We all make the same money, eat in thed same break areas, play dominos together at break, get off at the same time and go home to the same neighborhoods.

In my helicopter unit (in the Army) there were few black people. Those who were there were top of the line intelligent (had to be to be there). Those who were there but not in aviation-specific MOSs were cooks and supply (mostly). Our unit was mostly self-segregated (with the exception of those with Aviation-specific MOS's). That was in the early '90's.

You make it sound like having a silver spoon shoved in an orifice is a good thing, but I disagree. I'd rather be me than ANY of the Kennedys any day. My road is what beat character in me, and the teaching I received from real parents made sure the lessons in character life gave me stuck.

Again, you should not make these kinds of assumptions. It's a good way to wind up with egg on your face. I've had enuff character-building chapters in my life to last me a lifetime. As I've said before, I've lived uptown and I've lived downtown.... I've seen it from all sides. I've had money and I've been flat broke. Once you get to that point, unless you have some kind of help or catch a rare break, it's easier to fall into a cycle of never-ending poverty than you can imagine. And then that leads a lot of people into depression, alcoholism and/or drug abuse.

My experiences have given me compassion and a whole new breadth of understanding/empathy for those who are less fortunate. I am all for accountability and hard work, don't get me wrong... but I am far less judgemental than I once was.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
BLESSINGofVISION,I understand your frustrations but you've got to mentally move beyond the reach of racist abuse and discrimination.You can't let it get to you,these people are of no significance to you or what you get out of life.They will feed off your reaction,don't engage them.
Equally though we as black people need to stop blaming other for our situation,life can be tough but deal with it and strive to uplift yourself.We know the history that brought us to the west don't forget that but don't let it ruin your life.You've got freedoms and opportunities our ancestor couldn't dream of use them don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself,get up.As Marcus Garvey said "Chance has never yet satisfied the hope of a suffering people.Action, self-reliance, the vision of self and the future have been the only means by which the oppressed have seen and realised the light of their own freedom."

Have you read anything by Marcus Garvey if not I would seriously suggest getting a hold of Philosphies and Opinions of Marcus Garvey,all black people should read this book and have a look about on the web there are some good sites.
The situation in the western hemisphere will never change for black people if you're to remain the best we can do is change how we deal with it,discrimination and abuse will never go away you can't live your life in a state of anger and frustration the rascist win that way.You have to be strong mentally and physically and work hard for your goals.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Vission dude:
1) Its not a white mans world.
2) Stop attacking people eg. the Judge and then act all innocent. Were not stupid here.
3) Get over yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You have No idea WHO you are speaking to if you think "I" am acting like race has been a detriment in "MY" life.

I'm mean not to judge, but man, these are the assumptions of those who think they are smarter than they truly are. There are few things as offensive as the ARROGANCEof the ignorant who have made up their mind on something... alas, without checking ALL the facts.
But you know. Right?

I was painting a hypothetical picture BASED on experiences I have whitnessed and, YES, experienced!
Odds are I have had more priveledge than you.
NOTTTTT my point, though!
My point was to create empathy and understanding for those ignorant in these matters.

Believe me, I went to a private school where an Ex President sent his son. Finest education, family of artists and professionals, insightful and very intelligent success stories, truly rags to riches scenarios accomplished with all the good stuff it takes to do so.
Both sides of MY family are TRULY successful, some related to me even have celebrity status - you would probably recognise them - worldwide.

We have our faults, but Man, God has blessed me. I'm a lucky guy.
The fact I'm mixed raced, gives me insight that most of you CANNOT understand.

"I" have gleaned knowledge from those who truly HAVE SUCCESS, those that have played the game of life... and won.

Came from nothing and achieved prestige, respect and wealth.

DO NOT ASSUME I FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF BECAUSE OF MY RACE...

STOP!

TRUTH IS (I WILL SHED ALL HUMBLENESS NOW), I FEEL LITERALLY BLESSED BECAUSE OF THE PERSPECTIVE I HAVE BEEN GIVEN, I FEEL SORRY FOR OTHERS WITHOUT IT.

I DO NOT PITY MYSELF. IF YOU KNEW ME YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND.
I tried to get people to see things from someone else's view. Well...

SELFISHNESS IS A DEFENSE MECHANISM FOR -------> INFERIORITY COMPLEXES, WHICH ALL STEM FROM OUR OLD FRIEND --------------> FEAR.
Remember that when you show no pity for the pitiful and meek. I pity you.

I will not go further...

No more please...

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
DO NOT ASSUME I FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF BECAUSE OF MY RACE...

Well if you get down off your high horse for a second and read through the thread you might realise that for a start you did come across as feeling sorry for yourself,regardless of what you may think and I didn't link being sorry for yourself with your race but with abuse.
But it turns out your only playing at being offended and feel your above everyone else because your mixed race,went to a good school and your apparently related to people who have acheived material success,forgive me if I'm a little underwhelmed but the achievments of others doesn't make you a damn thing and material success is an irrelavence,Rastafari burn that f*ckery.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
As I am reading news post on Mexican Racist Postage Stamps that Depict the old school coon caricatures, i felt I had to say something after seeing the views of certain posters.

Your words make it seem as if you have no idea of the psychological, cultural and social ramifications of the dominance and subjugation of Whites over Blacks in this country (USA).
You must be kidding.

Does it make sense to you to use these black face humiliation cartoons? Do you condone these jokes?

2 me it doesn't make sense to make fun of black people. Or hate them. Or look down upon them.

So what do you think of Chief Wahoo, the Cleveland Indians mascot? My mother hates it (we're part Cherokee). I have no real feelings either way, but I can't help but think that if Chief Wahoo was black, you'd have Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and their ilk getting their underwear in a bunch!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem in this whole racial deal is the lack of individualism.

You cannot blame you parents or your ancestors for the position you are in. There are countless examples of people growing up dirt poor and acheiving in life.

The biggest culprits right now in the black community is the NAACP and certain black leaders. Just look at Clarence Thomas and Condi Rice. These people acheived greatly and are a great example for their race. But how are they viewed by the black community? They are viewed as Uncle Toms and Aunt Jemimas. Great motivation there?

Same thing with NOW (National Organization of Women) or as I like to call them NAG (National Association of Gals). If you are a liberal women they are all for you. But if you happen to be Monica Lewinski or Kathleen Willey (she accused Clinton of rape) you are on your own.

No one can control what happened to their ancestors. The best thing you can do is depend on yourself. If you happen to have children teach them this. Individuality is the only hope to rise above minority, not lumping yourselves into groups.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join