It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans fighter: Saegeh-80.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the picture ChinaWhite, the smallest size of shafagh is the actuall trainer but the biggest one is still a mock-up and more work is still needed on its design.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
very good design indeed

Is it a mock-up?

NR

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
yes bro, thats still a mock-up and the final design is still in work. but the inside cockpit is the real thing which looks advanced.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, that will last .2 seconds versus a real fighter. Who are they planning on fighting with that thing? Why even bother.

NR

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mxboy15u
Wow, that will last .2 seconds versus a real fighter. Who are they planning on fighting with that thing? Why even bother.

how would you know? they are making it because were capable of doing so and were new to this whole thing so it will take time and besides Russia also helped us on it so dont be saying its crappy, you havent even seen its real design or its flight.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Nice, taht looks like a Hornet with a couple of shapes taken from the
F-5E...

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Christ guys, do you get off on harrasing members like NR because he is Iranian?

Can't you show some respect? comments like: "Oh that wouldn't last 2 seconds against a real fighter" are insulting and blatantly arrogant, can you please refrain from those comments? they don't make the American people look any better, the world's view of America has already dramatically dropped because of this arrogance.

I respect the Iranians for persuing their own weapons development, it's actually quite admirable.

the Shafaq is a very nice looking aircraft, and I definitly thought it was based on the MiG I-2000, so it isn't?

The Saegeh-80 isnt bad looking, I always liked the F-5 design...so what's up with the dissing? very immature, I admire NR for keeping his cool.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
How about we focus on the Iranian aircraft project, it's merits and shortcomings, and skip any one liners, personal comments towards members, or anything else that may befuddle my little monkey brain and make me want to climb a tall building.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks Mirthful, i'm happy you are a mod now!

NR

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Christ guys, do you get off on harrasing members like NR because he is Iranian?

Can't you show some respect? comments like: "Oh that wouldn't last 2 seconds against a real fighter" are insulting and blatantly arrogant, can you please refrain from those comments? they don't make the American people look any better, the world's view of America has already dramatically dropped because of this arrogance.

I respect the Iranians for persuing their own weapons development, it's actually quite admirable.

the Shafaq is a very nice looking aircraft, and I definitly thought it was based on the MiG I-2000, so it isn't?

The Saegeh-80 isnt bad looking, I always liked the F-5 design...so what's up with the dissing? very immature, I admire NR for keeping his cool.

Thanks for the nice comments ground zero and i agree lets not bring race/culture into these kinds of discussion and as for the question shafagh is based on MiG-I-2000 which Russians gaved the design to us but we changed it and the real design will be showing up this month for next army parade, for Saegeh-80 only 30 have been bought and all are for mostly defence needs.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by NR]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

My god those forward thinking, western minded, Iranians are using women in their aeronuatical program as test pilots.

As for the Chinese FC-1 engine question, whoever said it was primarily a Pakistani thing is quite correct, but the Russians have also added a clause that restricts Chinese RD-93 sales to anyone who is also considering a Russian aircraft.

www.janes.com...

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Winchester Ranger T]

Mod Edit: Creatively Altered Inciteful References.

[edit on 18/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

NR

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

My god those brutes are using nuns as test pilots.

she is actually one of the head creators of Shafagh.
also the real design will show up this september 22.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by NR]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So is Saegeh-80 intended to be a production aircraft, or is it more of a systems test aircraft for the Shafagh?

If they are only producing 30 of them, it seems they are more of an interim stopgap aicraft than a regular production type.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR

My god those brutes are using nuns as test pilots.

she is actually one of the head creators of Shafagh.
also the real design will show up this september 22.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by NR]

Really? Thats really good, that even in an Islamic State, woman can have top level jobs. Although does she have to wear that cloaky-thing (forgive my ignorance)? Or is it that as long as the head (and any other fleshy bits) are covered then it is generally acceptable?

NR

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   

So is Saegeh-80 intended to be a production aircraft, or is it more of a systems test aircraft for the Shafagh?

If they are only producing 30 of them, it seems they are more of an interim stopgap aicraft than a regular production type.

well Saegeh-80 is more intended to be a patrol fighter aircraft but it probably go into service until shafagh comes into place so we'll see what happens.

Really? Thats really good, that even in an Islamic State, woman can have top level jobs. Although does she have to wear that cloaky-thing (forgive my ignorance)? Or is it that as long as the head (and any other fleshy bits) are covered then it is generally acceptable?

well bro, everybody in Iran can do whatever they want to do but the woman still have to wear hijab but not like that black cloak thingy you can wear that if you feel comfortable in it so i guess the woman liked it or dressed up her age, were not strict at all hell even Sean penn went around Tehran and no one cared we arent a country where as soon as someone sees an American or jew than they have to be killed its nothing like that.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Guys look at this

www.globalsecurity.org...

Cruising speed : Mach 1.6

This thing is really fast, the closest to F/A-22 in term of cruising speed

Hope this is juz another mistake!

NR

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
Guys look at this

www.globalsecurity.org...

Cruising speed : Mach 1.6

This thing is really fast, the closest to F/A-22 in term of cruising speed

Hope this is juz another mistake!

dude thats Azarkash not saegeh-80, perhaps more sources.....

[edit on 24-10-2005 by NR]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah i noe that. If they already have that, they will surely use these engines or even better ones on those new planes!

Dun take it too seriously though

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Iran has shown off a modified American F-5 fighter and proclaimed this new "Saegheh" as similar to the American F-18 jet fighter. This is not the first time Iran has run a stunt like this. But even with a redesigned tail and better electronics, the 1960s era F-5 is still a low cost, and low performance, aircraft. The F-5E, which the Iranians had when the Islamic revolution took over in 1979, is an 11 ton aircraft, with a max speed of 1,700 kilometers an hour, and a range of some 1,400 kilometers. It was armed with two 20mm cannon, and could carry about three tons of missiles and bombs. The Iranians have taken the basic F-5 frame and rebuilt it to hold two Russian engines. The Chinese did the same thing, and produced the J-8 (a twin engine MiG-21) that turned out to be not worth the effort.

Although the Iranians are using Russian components (if only because these are better than Chinese ones), they probably had technical assistance (for a price) from China. The Chinese have a lot of experience reverse engineering Russian warplanes, and developing variations. The Chinese are getting away from that, because they finally realized that all they ended up with was a lot of crap fighters. Now they are building a new air force with expensive, and high tech, fighters imported from Russia, or built under license.

The Iranians have become obsessed with these "propaganda weapons," where they hack something together from an existing Russian or American system, and proclaim it to be a "designed and manufactured in Iran." It's all rather pathetic, and it all began during the 1980s, when Iran and Iraq were fighting a nasty war. Some of the hacks worked, after a fashion. Iran created a longer range SCUD missile by the simple expedient of lengthening the missile with a larger fuel tank. This changed the flight characteristics of the missile, but since these things were being fired at city size (as in Baghdad) targets, it didn't matter. Actually, the Iranians didn't really need the longer range missiles, because Baghdad was pretty close to the Iranian border. Iran actually got the technology for these SCUD mods from North Korea, but Iranian press releases always touted the achievement as being the result of Iranian scientists and engineers. Also during the 1980s, Iran manufactured chemical weapons (mainly mustard gas). This was crude stuff, but the technology was fairly simple, and has gotten better in the last twenty years. However, Iran does not export any of its chemical weapons.

In the 1990s, Iran began building, or modifying, Russian armored vehicles. They also built a clone of the F-5E, calling it the Azarakhsh. The Iranians had dozens of damaged F-5s from their war with Iraq, and they reported that they had repaired, or rebuilt (into Azarakhsh) many of these.

Iran does have a large arms industry, and exports weapons to over fifty countries. But none of those fantasy weapons are exported. No, the stuff that is shipped to foreign customers largely consists of knockoffs of Russian and Chinese small arms, mortars and rockets. Iran also has a reputation of selling to anyone. If you have the cash, Iran will deliver, no questions asked.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
edit : wrong thread please delete.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by TheRepublic]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join