what is the best traveling experience you have had

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
the best one that i have had was sailing for a week on the atlantic ocean this summer

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I drove to gratz in Austria from Portugal and back again in 6 days in a 1.6 citroen saxo with my best mate!!

it nearly freaking killed us, we only stopped for alcohol and night clubs, we spent about 2000€ on hotels we didnt stay in for more than about 3 hrs sleep a night.

If i ever attempted to do something this intense again it would kill me, but what a laugh, after the first 3 days it started getting really real!....constantly nearly falling asleep at the wheel, then going clubbing, then hotel, then on the road again.

It probably wasnt the most responsible think to do but by god it was fun!!

i slept for 24hrs straight when we got back and my liver nearly failed me!

YIPEE!!!!...SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD!!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think its a real shame this thread didnt get more replys?

come on people.....at least some of you must have been on a road trip?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Too many to mention. The most menmorable experiences were probably being kidnapped in Morocco, and almost stabbed in Panama. Interesting times (especially the kidnapping) but too lazy to type them now.
Going to Angkor Wat in Cambodia this past summer has to be up there. Sleeping for nearly a week at Schipol airport in Amsterdam also comes to mind, hard to find a hostel with vacancies in August. Will try to think of some more to add to the thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Mine is coming up on the 16th of December, I will be out for about a week because I am taking a vacation to Las Vegas. Cant wait, anything anybody would like for me to take a picture of? Im taking a few cameras so tell me while you can!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
my last couple of months stationed in italy, a buddy of mine and i rented a car, and pretty much drove all the way around sicily starting in catania, and going around clockwise. after making it all the way around in one weekend, we then started again from catania and went across to palermo (which we had seen in the previous trip, but didnt really explore until the second one).

we had a blast. from sledding down mount etna, to snorkling agusta bay, i dont think there's much in sicily that we didnt see (including one helluva lot of topless beachbabes....with hairy legs and armpits...hehe).

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Every cab ride I've ever taken in the Philippines has been a great adventure. My trip in April we had the cab driver that thought red lights were very weak suggestions. Then my first trip there was the cab driver that tried to run over three cops directing traffic armed with shotguns. I try not to look when I'm riding in a car in the PI. They LOVE to overtake other cars, even when large objects like buses or sugar cane trucks are coming at them.

However, every trip I've taken there has been a great one. It's like going home.

[edit on 11/20/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Too many memories too count. Been over twenty countries now.. must see more!!

Good Experiences.

Ios, Greece - Drunken debauchery and mayhem. Oh, and tons of women too.
Gold Coast, Australia - drove in a BMW z3 convertible up the coast, got chased by cops and out ran them.
Amsterdam - do I need to explain this one?
Berlin - ate breakfeast at the Guggenheim, I was a filthy backpacker and everyone else was rich and well dressed.
Prague - drank too much absynthe, thought I was a wolf and holwed at a full moon.

Just for fun.... Bad experiences

Being yelled at in German on the train by a Czeck ticket checking lady becuase I had not purchased a "Zushlaag".
Nearly being thrown in a Spainish prison in Pomplona during the running of the bulls because I relieved myself on a Baath Seperatist building. I had to mop up my own pee.
Getting the runs on my last day of travel in Mexico. Not to be overly scattalogical, but I pooped myself multiple times while on a bus.

Traveling is awsome!!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by robinm

Nearly being thrown in a Spainish prison in Pomplona during the running of the bulls because I relieved myself on a Baath Seperatist building. I had to mop up my own pee.
Getting the runs on my last day of travel in Mexico. Not to be overly scattalogical, but I pooped myself multiple times while on a bus.

Traveling is awsome!!

ROTFLMAO!

TMI dude! something you just dont admit to

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
1996 - drive from Florida to New York
1997 - two weeks in California
1998 - two months in England
2000 - a week in the Bahamas
2002 - a week in Mexico and Jamaica
2005 - two weeks in England

new topics