It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know another language? Work for the FBI or CIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Reuters
In an effort to boost the language capabilities of its agents, the CIA said Thursday it was launching a new advertising campaign for linguists who can teach languages like Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Dari, Pashto and Korean among other languages.

Experts have often pointed to poor foreign language skills as one of the greatest weaknesses of the U.S. United States' intelligence agencies.

REUTERS STORY

Anyone here know any of these languages? I bet the pay is decent and benefits are probably pretty good, would you consider this type of job if you did know one of these languages?

I think it could be a valuable tool for intel agents to know the languages of those that they are keeping an eye on. How does it work now, do they simply use translaters?

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is indeed a fair and reasonable objective for not just the intelligence agencies but any operative branch overseas.

They will develop more of the necessary autonomy and purposeful brief when the ridiculous Bush administration is politically dead.

Examples of how a little forethought could help (but this mental faculty is not available to the Bush idiots) would be to have provided the military with Stop Signs in Arabic for their checkpoints in Iraq, to avoid having to kill hundreds of civilians. I guess you just can't think of everything huh.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Dawm, they don't need French people. They could have hired me to go and spy over the Frenchs. Lol..

And yes, the bush administrations is a bunch of idiots.
Did you knew that Condolezza Rice had a pretroleum-ship named after her (and big shares in some huge petrol company), and when she knew she'd have a important job in the administration, she asked for the ship to be named something else? Huumm...does it smell petrol war here?

I couldn't help but laugh when last week (I think it was last week) the American gov. "begged" for help from other country over the Irak situation and admited it was getting out of hand.

Sorry, kinda out of topic, but I had to pop that in..

new topics

join