It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans: Levees Blown on Purpose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There are rumours swirling around the net that residents of New Orleans' 9th ward heard blasts just before the levees broke. Why would anyone do that? A few possible answers could be to save the French Quarter and the Garden district.. to rid the area of the poor and blacks.. so that the government could come in and take charge of the disaster area. Before you go off on me for being crazy, understand, I'm not advocating this position - just reporting what I'm hearing and looking for discussion on the possibility. There is historical precedence for the purposeful flooding.

Locals, Officials Suggest Levees were Intentionally Blown
Evidence suggests there were "cracks" in levees that were intentionally ignored, questions over how they failed.

Steve Watson/Prisonplanet | September 9 2005

Could the levees in New Orleans have been INTENTIONALLY blown out in order to provide the justification for total FEMA federal takeover?
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
riight....with winds that high and rising water they blow up a leeve....if you believe such nonsense, thats just funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
riight....with winds that high and rising water they blow up a leeve....if you believe such nonsense, thats just funny.

the poster is reporting on this...

he is not taking a stance on this...

stop crying...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Not the whole levee system.. some are speculating that certain key spots were busted in order to redirect the water flow. It's happened before..

As I said, just looking for discussion on the possibility (as noted in the previous post).

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
wow, how many posts are we going to get on this? Same source:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've seen this posted on another forum and this isn't just prisonplanet saying it.

Apparently a guy from the Army corps did say they had enlarged the levee breaks in one area of New Orleans but that wasn't the main levee break.

Here's the Fox News video:
media.putfile.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That is some nice account of the events relating to the levees breach and the flooding.

Perhaps the blowing of the levees was not to cause so much damage but to help with the water flood.

Maybe something went wrong and the effect after the fact was not the desirable.

The information gathered is actually very good.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
hmm
I expected this to pop up sooner or later, to be honest nothing supprises me anymore, i wonder if this could be the reason why they dont want reporters filming the clear up?

just a thought, i expect more rumours to arrise.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
wow, how many posts are we going to get on this? Same source:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join