It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government and Military Reading on UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I’m sure there is a better place for this post, (ATS is Huge) but here I am so there you have it.

My question/concern regarding our government and ufos goes something like this:

In the early 1950’s something violated our air space over Washington D.C. Prior to that and after that other unidentified things violated our air space all over the country. Our governments response to this was to state something along the lines of “You know what? These unidentified things pose no threat to us whatsoever, we’re not gonna worry about it, it’s no big deal.”

Whoa.

It’s the Cold War. The Evil Communist Empire is gonna get us. Here is a PERFECT opportunity to shout “The Reds Are Coming! The Reds Are Coming! We Need To Spend More Money On Defense!! They Have Flying Saucers!!! We Need More Money!” etc. etc.

But they don’t. They don’t say “Hey, we are testing super secret stuff to make the world safe for democracy, that’s your tax dollars at work, have a nice day.” They don’t say “The Reds Are Coming! We Need More Money!” They don’t say, “We don’t know what it is but we’re doing everything that we can to find out.” They just say “we’ve determined that it’s not a threat, don’t worry about it”

I don’t know about you, but whenever someone tells me not to worry about it, I usually start to worry about it.

Old documents are starting surface now… some people say they are all fakes, others say it’s just part of some grand disinformation scheme, a few people believe them to be genuine. None of that matters. What matters is that there are old documents starting to surface now. Why? During the search for old documents it was discovered that the communication logs from the “Roswell Incident” were illegally destroyed. Obviously, some time during our governments history some elements within our government had no problems whatsoever with breaking the law. Either through negligence or intentionally, the law was broken. Oops, me bad, sorry. *shrugs* Why weren’t any of these other documents similarly “lost”? What purpose does it serve to allow them out of the archives? Who profits and how?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
As always, if anyone wants to contribute to this thread, go ahead ! Feel free to post any links (from any country).

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks dulcimer...good job... one vote from me

I do go along with the premise that it's civilians doing most of the investigating here...

All the alphabet agency's have to do is 'back-door' your PC to get the data

Even the guys researching the Majestic docs say that these 'secret operatives'
are only slightly less clueless than us as regards the 'big ufo picture'

Roswell, Rendlesham and Kecksburg would seem to indicate otherwise, though.

My advice to any civilian investigators that are onto the
'real deal' as regards ufo and covert evidence is this;

Don't go to any 'Mufon' type organisations...
just get the info out there yourself...spread it around

Be vigilant as regards your PC....check your registry editor etc.
Look out for files such as SETIHEALTH, ASIO (if in Australia) etc.
Reformat often

Be wary of attacks on your PC stemming from Washington

Peace to all

video debunkers please view this file;
Backyard floaties, Far North Australia

others of interest;
Orion Series
Blue Orb

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Great links ya got there. There are a few that I have in my fav's. "Need to know"
will always be a problem with our government. They are probably sitting behind thier desks and saying "You Can't Handle The Truth". Ahhhhh,. but yes we are, now give it to us for pete sake! Every valuable person that has gone infront of Gongress has been swept under the carpet. The break thier selence for what. To be debunked and made a fool out of. Same it really is.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Props man, keep doing yo thang, fo real!

-Z-

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
all you have to do is research the time Truman was in office and mark all the important dates on a timeline. Then pencil in things like Rosewell etc and look when the NSA was chartered and the document hiding began.

You will begin to understand where the coverup started and why it has continued and will continue.

As I have stated before JFK was killed because he wanted to by-pass the NSA doctrine.

Someone told him something and he became wAAAAy too nosey where he should not have been asking questions. He knew one small bit of information and wanted to dig out the truth once and for all.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Paul Hellyer has been coming up in alot of discussions lately. If you wish to research his past, try this google search.

(Click Link)
Google Search

This will search for Paul Hellyer on all Canadian government sites.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have also heard that a current president was rumored to say shortly after the Clinton graffitti and looting of the oval office and was asked by a staffer, Do you think there are aliens, his reply was, you don't know the half of it.LEGALCATALYST.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hey Dulcimer...
Since you've obviously spent a lot of time into this I wonder if you've read Kevin Randles "Case MJ-12" He "debunks" the MJ-12 documents and tries to shoot holes in Friedmans book "TopSecret/MAJIC"
Just wondered of you or anybody else had read those two books or have anything to contribute about that debate using some fo the files Dulcimers scrounged up fo us.
Love your avatar by the way...Yeah...I'm a perv.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just imagine the knowledge we could recieve if all people studied this kind of stuff or even just did research about what they talk about. I think it would be smart or even fun to gather a bunch of folks together and break them off in catagories and just look information up. I bet we could come up with a whole mess of stuff. Anybody interested?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks so much for this list! Hours and hours of reading await! What a marvelous and tedious task you have undertaken. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
all you have to do is research the time Truman was in office and mark all the important dates on a timeline. Then pencil in things like Rosewell etc and look when the NSA was chartered and the document hiding began.

You will begin to understand where the coverup started and why it has continued and will continue.

As I have stated before JFK was killed because he wanted to by-pass the NSA doctrine.

Someone told him something and he became wAAAAy too nosey where he should not have been asking questions. He knew one small bit of information and wanted to dig out the truth once and for all.

Did you do the research on Truman or Kennedy? If so then could you present this in a new thread or thread. Facts are nice to see in this forum. If not would you give your links or books on this research? Who is this SOMEONE who spoke to Kennedy and what was the specific info that you are refering too? What is The NSA doctine that you are refering too?

Your response would be greatly appreaciated?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dulcimer-

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make a thread like this. It is members like yourself that make ATS so great, and a regular daily stop on my surfing schedule! You've got one of my "Way Above's" this month!

Now, I took the summary below from the first link provided by Dulcimer in his first post that started this thread. After you read it, I'll pose my question(s).

High-altitude testing of the U-2 soon led to an unexpected side effect--a tremendous increase in reports of unidentified flying objects (UFOs). In the mid1950s, most commercial airliners flew at altitudes between 10,000 and 20,000 feet and military aircraft like the B-47s operated at altitudes below 40,000 feet. Consequently, once U-2s started flying at altitudes above 60,000 feet, air- traffic controllers began receiving increasing numbers of UFO reports.

Such reports were most prevalent in the early evening hours from pilots of airliners flying from east to west. When the sun dropped below the horizon of an airliner flying at 20,000 feet, the plane was in darkness. But, if a U-2 was airborne in the vicinity of the airliner at the same time, its horizon from an altitude of 60,000 feet was considerably more distant, and, being so high in the sky, its silver wings would catch and reflect the rays of the sun and appear to the airliner pilot, 40,000 feet below, to be fiery objects. Even during daylight hours, the silver bodies of the high- flying U-2s could catch the sun and cause reflections or glints that could be seen at lower altitudes and even on the ground. At this time, no one believed manned flight was possible above 60,000 feet, so no one expected to see an object so high in the sky.

Taken from www.history.navy.mil...

Now I can understand how some pilots would have been able to notice the U2 when out on flights. What I don't understand is why the military would decide to paint a covert spy plane, the existence of which they are trying to keep secret at home and abroad, a shiny silver color that could easily reflect sun or possibly even moonlight and be seen by those below. I also understand that the plane may not have been painted at all, and that this was just the natural color of the material which the plane was constructed of.

But even if it was the natural color, why wouldn't they paint over it with a dull color to prevent reflection of light? Is the weight of the U2 so important and so calculated that the extra weight of paint layers would have negatively effected its performance? If not, why didn't they do their best to visually camoflauge the plane? For starters, you would think the military would want to eliminate every possible element of the U2 that could lead to its visual detection by American pilots. And what could be even more important is eliminating countries like the Soviet Union from having visual confirmation that America is currently spying on them, thus giving them the opportunity to play for the cameras. Of course, in the beginning the Soviets didn't have the technology to shoot down a U2. But even just allowing the Soviets the chance to see that we were there couldn't possibly be a good thing.

Sorry for rambling on once again! And I apologize if this is more of a question for the "Aircraft Projects" forum than "Aliens & UFO's." Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this one!

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **All Members Read**

[edit on 29-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Great thread, keep them comming.

The following page gives a list of operators when used in a search string will help you refine your searches on google. eg "inurl:mil + ufo" gives me 590 webpages from various millitary websites containing information about ufos.

www.google.com...

I'm sure plenty of you are aware of this but i thought i'd metion it for those who aren't.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think those government and military readings on UFOs are ways for them to hide top secret activities.

During the space race, Russia built "secret cities" which are meant to launch rockets carrying top secret military space vehicles without the world knowing about them. They guarded these secret cities carefully but some locals said they witnessed bright lights at night and thought they were extraterrestrial objects. Russia eager to hide their top secret activities, made fake UFOs to make the locals as well as the world convinced that those sitings were UFOs.

Today I think the US government's also using people's belief in aliens as means of hiding their secret activities not neccessarily rocket launches.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This site is banning legitamate threads with factual historical value.

ATS IS A GROUP OF IDENTITY THEIVES.

This is from my 2006 TrendMicro Internet Security program they have getting through the FIREWALL which was done after their GOVERNMENT HANDLERS ORDERED THEM TO REMOVE A THREAD.

""Privacy Protection","2006/05/26","UHATEMICOMPUTER"
"Time","Item Name","Result","Protection Request"
"15:43","My name","Block","http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/post.php?action=reply&fid=19&tid=209072"

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
New film coming out, due July 8th. The 18-minute trailer is intriguing.

www.theufomovie.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow, i found something for this thread!

Alien Invasion(discovery channel)

Take a look!

Hi, everybody!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
COMETA

"In 1999 an important document was published in France entitled, UFOs and Defense: What must we be prepared for? ("Les Ovni Et La Defense: A quoi doit-on se préparer?"). This ninety-page report is the result of an in-depth study of UFOs, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of national defense. The study was carried out over several years by an independent group of former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, and by qualified experts from various fields. Before its public release, it has been sent to French President Jacques Chirac and to Prime Minister Lionel Jospin. The report is prefaced by General Bernard Norlain of the Air Force, former Director of IHEDN, and it begins with a preamble by André Lebeau, former President of the National Center for Space Studies (Centre National D’études Spatiales), or CNES, the French equivalent of NASA. The group itself, collective author of the report, is an association of experts, many of whom are or have been auditors of IHEDN, and it is presided over by General Denis Letty of the Air Force, former auditor (FA) of IHEDN."

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.cufos.org...

Part III is quite revealing. Parts of the Summary Conclusion:

QUOTE--

The attitude of the U.S. is seen as "most strange" since the 1947 wave and the Roswell event. Since that time, a policy of increasing secrecy seems to have been applied, which might be explained by the protection at all cost of military technological superiority to be acquired from the study of UFOs.

Next, the report tackles the question "What measures must we take now?" [snip]

Nationally, COMETA urges the strengthening of SEPRA, and recommends the creation of a committee at the highest level of government, entrusted with the development of hypotheses, strategy, and preparation of cooperative agreements with European and other foreign countries. A further step would be that European states and the European Union undertake diplomatic action with the Unites States within the framework of political and strategic alliances.

A key question of the report is "What situations must we be prepared for?" [snip]

COMETA devotes special attention to "aeronautical implications," with detailed recommendations aimed at various personnel, such as air staffs, controllers, weathermen and engineers. It also makes recommendations at the scientific and technical levels, aimed at developing research with potential benefits for defense and industry. The report further explores the political and religious implications of UFOs, using as a model the perspective of our own exploration of space: How would we do it, how would we handle contacts with less advanced civilizations?

[snip]

In its conclusion, COMETA claims that the physical reality of UFOs, under control of intelligent beings, is "quasi-certain." Only one hypothesis takes into account the available data: the hypothesis of extraterrestrial visitors. This hypothesis is of course unproven, but has far-reaching consequences. The goals of these alleged visitors remain unknown but must be the subject of speculations and prospective scenarios.

In its final recommendations, COMETA stresses again the need to: [snip]

This study was done in 1999, seven years ago; and what I notice is that nobody is picking up on it--especially in the media. Salla and Boylan don't refer to it, and they're supposed to be the heavies in the exopolitics field. I haven't read enough of Greer to know to what extent he is familiar with this report.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join