It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush: 'I Take Responsibility For U.S. Failures'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
How is he responsible for bus drivers wanting to get the hell out of dodge? He can't force people to stay.

And even if he did somehow manage to get all those buses moving, they only hold 90~ people..

You're pulling at straws here defending your "hero" again Muaddib

[edit on 9/15/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee

So are you saying Bush isn't to blame and you have facts to back it up?

What I am saying is that a lot of people are more than willing to lay all the blame on the president despite what the facts show.

Here is the statement of the president.

To the extent that the Federal Government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility. I want to know what went right and what went wrong.

The facts speak for themselves, the main fault lies with the governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New orleans for the mayor failures they had in not providing evacuation with all the resources they had available.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
How is he responsible for bus drivers wanting to get the hell out of dodge? He can't force people to stay.

That statement is according to him, but how do you know he is telling the truth and not just trying to cover for himself?.... How many police officers, first aid responders and other government employees stayed behind to help these people?.... You are going to tell me that all of them didn't want to drive these people out?....or wouldn't have done so if requested as per the Louisiana's plans of evacuation which they did not follow?....

And even if he did somehow manage to get all those buses moving, they only hold 90~ people..

Let's estimate that in both places that I gave the pictures of school buses and other buses owned by the state there are 400 buses... If you can fit 90 people in each bus, that is... 400+90=36,000 people....and that's without counting with the other modes of transportation which the evacuation plans of Louisiana states they would use to evacuate those that don't have a means of transportation or those that can't evacuate themselves.

You're pulling at straws here defending your "hero" again Muaddib

My hero?... He is the president of the US, I don't see him as a hero. But I am astounded that so many people are willing to play the blame game just for political reasons and not because of the facts.

So if anyone is "pulling at straws" here it is you Quietsoul.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Scientists have predicted four major disasters as 'imminent' - radical weather from climate change, like Katrina; geophysical changes like the Indonesian tsunami, and massive earthquakes in North America; widespread fresh water depletion; and the appearance of virulent new disease mutations, like bird flu and community-acquired MRSA, for example.

The US response to Katrina establishes legal precedents for government policy to deal with these predicted disasters - and should be evaluated as such.

If President Bush truly is taking responsibility for Katrina, then he must address the "failures" in this larger context.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Bash Bush. Bash Blanco. Bash Nagin. Bash FEMA.

We can sit here all day arguing all sides of this issue, and have the proof to back up all of our views, but blaming one or two people, or shifting the blame, won't fix the problem and certainly wont prepare us for another event of this magnitude.

What's the one thing that is common in all of these arguments? Government at ALL levels failed, and things at ALL levels, obviously, need to be fixed.

One thing is for certain though, this whole Katrina situation should serve as warning to all of us that ultimately we are responsible the welfare and security of ourselves and our loved ones in ANY kind of danger. Reliance in the Government, at any level, is obviously futile.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi! Bush - whenever I see him on the tv I think of the circus for some reason. Bush is a clown!!! Haha. He really is! I'd insult him but he does a pretty good job of it by himself. If i were american i'd feel insulted and embarrassed. I've noticed lately that the Amercian people I help are reluctant to admit where they're from and Canadians immeditely tell me they're NOT American; but i think they're Americans anyway. This isn't a criticism. by the way, it's just an observation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join