It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina Victims Support T-shirts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
New at the ATS Store in the Feature Items Section we have shirts to support the victims of the terrible hurricane disaster.

ALL proceeds from these shirts are going to be donated to the Red Cross.
We obviously have to pay to have them made (our cost) but anything beyond that will be donated 100%. It works out to just over $5 per shirt.

These shirts have a design done by KingLizard and feature the ATS logo on the back with another support message of "deny delays" because we can all do our part to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

NOT ONLY THAT! For the next two weeks I will personally match all contributions. That means for every shirt...there will be a $10 donation to the Red Cross.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great idea! they look good and a great way to show support!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Way to go!
I'm sure I was one of the many who suggested it through the gripe/idea
messagebox..I said I would buy something..So I will..
Good work, to everyone who was involved..

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's awesome, Zedd. They look great, as well. Good job, kinglizard!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thank you parrhesia, I’m really pleased with the final design. I can’t believe Zedd’s offer to match all contributions, that’s way more than you can reasonably expect from someone. What a generous person.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
How generous of you Zed.

Well, now to go find a credit card or something. If only I could order one online.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OK I ordered 2 shirts..

Everyone else order 1 or 2 or 100..

Remember that just becuse this storm is gone..And the aftermath is slowly
disappearing from the headlines...1000's and 1000's of people HAVE NOTHING..They'll be needing our help for a long time..

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why donate to the Red Cross................................................................

They are as crminal as this whole aftermath of Katrina.

Why dont we put it somewhere else like our own drive or something.

That way we know where the money is going...

I would pick a few shirts up but I dont support Red Cross..

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We had a flood in my town back in 97..
Bad, but not the worst I've seen.
Red Cross was the first responding relief agency.

I don't think they are as criminal as the whole Katrina aftermath.
After all they were there, waiting..

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In the 2 instances I am talking about are OK City and 9/11 donations.

They took a half a billion dollars and when asked about it they said it was for a war time fund or some crap like that.

Same thing with OK City they stole I think half the money collected from that.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
*Bump*

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I got my shirts today!
Very nice.
Maybe I'll post a pic..With me an' my shirt..

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I like the idea of the shirts, a lot. But I still see a big difference between showing that you care and actually going out and doing something about the problem.

That is extremely generous of you Zed, I am speechless at your generosity and the generosity of others.

Nice design KL.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The Shirt On My Back

Fair warning, Zedd: you're out another five bucks.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No offense, but I am sick to death of this garbage. Hey, how about some shirts that say "Me and the wife have to pay 5 bucks a gallon and get NO help from anyone". Or how about "They told us to leave, but....you know"
Or there is the classic, "I got screwed out of my pension", or "My daddy got shot in killed in a war predicated on lies"

Nope wont see those shirts. But hey....people who were told to leave.....lets give em more....they had nothing to begin with. Your money could be better spent elsewhere. This is just the catastrophic fad of the week, and Im embarassed that THIS site is falling for it. Deny, huh?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That is A KICK ASS shirt!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Why donate to the Red Cross................................................................

They are as crminal as this whole aftermath of Katrina.

Why dont we put it somewhere else like our own drive or something.

That way we know where the money is going...

I would pick a few shirts up but I dont support Red Cross..

Agreed, donate to the Salvation Army if you want to support those that are supporting the people. If you doubt me, check out all the archived news footage of the early period after Katrina and the New Orleans flooding. You won't seen any Red Cross folks except at news conferences, etc. but you will see Salvation Army personnel all over the place handing out supplies.

I still don't trust them 100% (most charities use the majority of their income for 'administration' and I don't know if the Salvation Army is guilty of that or not), but based on who I saw to be there helping people, I have a lot more faith in them than the Red Cross.

Try this search in Google to see some of what the Red Cross has been up to with the funds raised for 9/11:
www.google.com...

new topics

top topics

join