It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ring - But What If ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
... you don't have a phone? I mean, after you watch the tape, your phone rings and the creepy voice says "Seven days" and you die seven days later. But what happens if you haven't got a phone? Do you simply get no warning and then get taken out on the seventh day anyway?

What if you watch the tape and then move to a remote area which doesn't have a tv set? Will the ghost still find you? I mean, she crawls out of the telly to kill you, so would she walk out of your neighbours tv and then hike it to wherever you were?

Has anybody seen the small film that was thrown in as an extra on The Ring 2 DVD called "Rings"? It is about a group of fear junkies who form a group wherein each person is assigned a buddy. They watch the film and then record all of the strange occurences that happen thereafter. The thrill is seeing who can last the longest before they get their buddy to watch the tape and lift the curse. I thought it was better than the actual film itself.

So what do you guys think would happen in the above scenarios?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I spent far too long pondering this thread

I don't have a phone.

I have a phone-line, with service, but no phone (for a few reasons. Largely because I'm an anti-social hermit).

Could she climb out of my monitor?!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
What if you watch the tape and then move to a remote area which doesn't have a tv set? Will the ghost still find you? I mean, she crawls out of the telly to kill you, so would she walk out of your neighbours tv and then hike it to wherever you were?

That's an interesting point. It does seem that she needs a television to strike. They did a good job with that movie, keeping you in the dark on exactly what was happening until the end of the movie.

Have you seen Scary Movie 3? They do a good job of poking holes in this movie. That's something they should have added in. The girl hitch-hiking down the road to find you because you don't have a tv.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Has anybody seen the small film that was thrown in as an extra on The Ring 2 DVD called "Rings"? It is about a group of fear junkies who form a group wherein each person is assigned a buddy. They watch the film and then record all of the strange occurences that happen thereafter. The thrill is seeing who can last the longest before they get their buddy to watch the tape and lift the curse. I thought it was better than the actual film itself.

It would really suck to be the last person in line on this one!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Could she climb out of my monitor?!

That's exactly what my girlfriend asked! But if you don't have a tv, why would you have a computer? Also, the movie made a big deal about her connection to the television. I think she really does need a tv set to climb out of and finish you off.

Originally posted by dbates
The girl hitch-hiking down the road to find you because you don't have a tv.

This was the exact image I had in mind when I first considered it. A stuttering, jerky, pale ghost wandering down a remote country road mumbling to itself under its breath with its hitchhiking thumb out.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No phone, no friendly warning, hehe.... Perhaps it's better that way anyhoo....?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
umm.... maybe it would use some hocus pocus stuff and possess a person then get the person to take a tv and track you down then it would come out of the tv and maybe to warn you you get a letter written in freaky writing?

i don't like no hocus pocus

[edit on 15/9/05 by obiwan15]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
What about cell phones

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

That's exactly what my girlfriend asked! But if you don't have a tv, why would you have a computer?

Because I'm po'. Dirt po'. I have no TV, and no cell phone (the latter is through choice though) but I am clinging on for dear life to my little pc and monitor

Moral of the story? Avoid any little girl who has long drippy black hair and a tendency to move spider-like across the floor.

Great. Now I'm all skeered, and I can't find my Happy Place...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Because I'm po'. Dirt po'. I have no TV,

Well then I guess you wouldn't be watching the video then, so no problem, right?

new topics

top topics

join