It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are left handers an entirely different race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks for all the interest peoples! It is good to see some other left ones around!! Being southpaw in a sports context, we cannot be beaten!! Be it Boxing, Baseball, Tennis, Cricket or Billiards lefty's have a huge advantage. The only thing l can seriously think that i use my right hand for is the mouse! Really did suck using those binders in school though!! I dont think it was mention that Eienstein was left either! Left is right!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hold the phone lefties maybe we are all evil???

Check the list of the last 2 decades presidents of America!

Ronald Reagan (1911 - ) 40th
George H.W. Bush (1924- ) 41st
Bill Clinton (1946- ) 42nd

Someone please tell me that George Jnr is right handed?? Maybe the culling might be started again?? Could hardly blame them could you!!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
HEY....just because you all are wrong handed does not mean you can beat us right people in cricket. We smash at cricket. I will give you baseball and an advantage in boxing but not cricket. Cricket is played best by the right people not the worng.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
With the exception of certain ex-presidents, I am happy to see that I have such an august peerage. Yeah, verily, for I am a lefty too!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Interestingly, in Asia, China for sure, as far as I know, the right hand it the path of evil and destruction, and the left hand is the hand of knowledge and wisdom (Old martial arts trivia).

I swear to God lefties make this crap up so they can feel better about using the wrong hand

THAT IS TOTAL BS

I didn't even realize they were all left hands. If like the title of the thread says lefties are a race then this is racism. I want right hands on there. That or afirmative Action took all the jobs away from the righties

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I still feel the same as the last time this topic came up. We, as lefties, deserve just as many rights as gays and blacks and women get for being born minorities. There should be a Handedness question on college applications, and we should get special consideration and Lefty financial aid. Mice and office supplies descriminate against us, but we're not even considered handicapped.

My point is that we're just as much minorities as the groups more commonly considered minorities, yet we adapt and deal with our situation easily enough without any special treatment. So either give us special rights, or take away those of others

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
hey i'm a lefty in anything that requires fine motor skills, like writeing, cutting, useing a mouse, etc . . . and i have a IQ of 149 so maybe we are smarter, and i tend to have the ability to see things from perspectives other people cant understand, but on the otherhand maybe we are evil in a sense too . . . im a paranoid skitzophrenic, im definately different than the average population, oh and i cant draw worth a crap

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Dude in water polo people that are left handed TOTALY have the advantage. Cause no one is use to covering a left handed person so when some guy takes a shot with his other arm i am like oh @#$% I am blocking the wrong arm! Yea I dunno I use scissors with my left hand, and the phone, and a lot of stuff but I write with my right...so what does that make me. Although I am very artistic....I got into AP Art my Freshman year.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I know one thing, I hated being left handed and in the school system. Right handed desks, right handed note books. Even the scissors were right handed (we had two types of scissors, the ones for right handed people were sharp, and of decent quality. the ones for lefties were small, child-like safty scissors that had left handed branded on them.). Were they trying to demorilize us into joining the right handed mainstream?

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Nice thread 'gottabesuss'

You have certainly called up all the lefties on ats and gotten their attention..!!
Thats the reason im here.. Im a lefty too..!
Evil.. i donot think we are.. but unique yes (but that may also be uniquness of individual as whole). Where i stay & study there are no other lefties (believe it!) so everybody is amazed and im an object to stare at when i write.. but my writing style is different from any other lefty i have ever met.. and they themselves are amazed at the way i write.

But i like the way you put it.. 'maybe a different race as we are minors'..makes me feel special
thinking maybe you are right.

But in reality i guess its just a medical condition after all though some scientists think of it as a mystery.
The sinister handed mwww.baylorhealth.edu...

Originally posted by mrdimmle
I know one thing, I hated being left handed and in the school system. Right handed desks, right handed note books. Even the scissors were right handed (we had two types of scissors, the ones for right handed people were sharp, and of decent quality. the ones for lefties were small, child-like safty scissors that had left handed branded on them.). Were they trying to demorilize us into joining the right handed mainstream?

Yeah those could be a problem.. and a school i studied for a little while actually tried to convert me into a right-handed. They made me write with my right hand only.. i was having a tough time (was very young at that time and did not know why they were doing it to me). My parents tried to put it to them that i couldnt manage writing with my right hand but they wouldnt accept!! But then i moved away from there so it was ok.
But i dont think you should hate being a left-handed person..
Look at all the names we have :-
Lefty
Sinistromanual
Mancinism
Leevodexterous
Cack-handed
Morganatic
Gauche
Southpaw
And we even have our own day :
August 13, the International Left-handers Day!

And check out this neat article Left-handed human race to make the world a better place
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm not sure how true some of those things are, but I have to say that is very very interesting. Now that gets me thinking, lefties changing the world..... this is starting to sound like another NWO plot. That would be pretty sweet, getting to be in the NWO for being left handed. Of course it would make sense seing as we had three presidents in a row. I wonder if theres a reference to Mr. Burns being left handed.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

HEY....just because you all are wrong handed does not mean you can beat us right people in cricket. We smash at cricket. I will give you baseball and an advantage in boxing but not cricket. Cricket is played best by the right people not the worng.

your forgetting BRIAN LARA.. & others like Saurav Ganguly ..etc . Maybe only a few lefties.. but arent they all unique and havent they all leave some impacts?

I found this:
Leading With Their Left...the advantages for left-handers in sport
---> www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee

We modern lefties are lucky in comparison. Nothing a left-handed emporium wouldn't cure. Although I once shelled out £9 (US $17) for the novelty of a left-handed pen which was supposed to disperse ink according to which way you leaned your pen. GRRRRR.
[edit on 13-9-2005 by nikelbee]

Hey Nikelbee,

I've got an only slightly used left-handed basketball for sale. You can tell it's left-handed by the pattern on the surface.

Also, I have a few left handed forks you might need.

I was considering Ebay, but I'll let you have them for a reasonable fee!

Harte

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
BRAVO! It's nice (every once in a while) to catch the lime light. I'm left handed, as is my kid sister. We both sucked in math, did great in the "liberal studies" courses, and we DO love to draw (although neither of us are Michaelangelo-level prodigies).

I think there's plenty to backup every claim made in this thread, and I, for one, hope it's all true! Such claims as NASA astronauts being a 50-50 batch of lefties and righties would be a hellova claim to fame!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

your forgetting BRIAN LARA.. & others like Saurav Ganguly ..etc . Maybe only a few lefties.. but arent they all unique and havent they all leave some impacts?

I am guessing they are pro crickett players. I have never played the sport. A person with no hands could probably beat me. BUT RIGHTIES WILL KILL IN BADMINTON.

WHERE ARE ME RIGHT HANDS

And that is crap about people who use the worng hand being smarter. I have got like an 800 Iq. 2+2=3

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I can bat with both hands, cook with both, scissors, holding things, both hands, but can't write with either. I am not kidding, my hand writing has only worsened since 1st grade. Thankfully I have a printer, one teacher told me if I ever hand write anything again she will fail me for it. No one can read it but me, mother says I should be a doctor.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

RIGHTIES WILL KILL IN BADMINTON.

hehe.. sorry but i have heard us lefties have the advantage out there too..!!
www.badmintoncentral.com...
Maybe its not too late for you.. CONVERT I SAY
.. then maybe your IQ might double or increase and inturn increase your 2 + 2 to be equal 4
!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
my wife is left handed. she is definately a different race than me.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyritheon
my wife is left handed. she is definately a different race than me.

That's because she is female, not because she is left handed.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
they didn't like the idea that I wanted to write with my left hand either....oh, well....guess what, I write with my left hand...usually, unless of course something is really wrong with it, it's bandaged up to the point where it's useless. then everyone will just have to put up with my hen pecking from my right hand. but, give them credit, they tried...just failed miserably. don't know anything about the artistic, more intelligent bit, don't see it here, and well, out of a family of five, the lefties are the majority!! of course, maybe our intelligence is dampended just a bit by living in a world that has reservations at letting us be what we are?

I do think I tend to think differently from other people....something, I am sure a few here have noticed. I tend to bring in a bunch of seemingly unrelated items and tie them all in to make a point....but, I think that is just me...everything is related, at least in my head, and thus one thing will effect everything around it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join