It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Local Reports Suggest The Levees Were Blown Intentionally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

from Article:

Explosions?

There were reports of many explosions heard in New Orleans, officials say they were transformers blowing up. Total Information Analysis has reported a claim by intelligence expert Tom Heneghen that 25 earwitnesses cited explosions immediately before the levee breach.

Similar reports are now appearing in many web blogs:

"He also mentioned that right before the mass flood there was a loud sound like an explosion." - News from St. Bernard

"I'll tell you the worst thing I've heard and I heard it from my mother. She said she heard several blasts - big booms - right before the levees broke. Several blasts and then all the water came pouring in." - aangirfan

Although these are obviously not authoritative sources of information, it is interesting to note how many local people are reporting this. So interesting in fact that the mainstream has picked up on it in places.

Source:
prisonplanet.com...
PLEASE SEE ORIGINAL ARTICLE FOR MUCH MORE INFO AND ADDITIONAL LINKS

This in the supposed attempt to save the rich neighborhoods, claim some in the article. I don't know what to make of this, but if found out to be true, this could become a political and legal disaster that will resonate to the very core of American values and trust in government.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

This in the supposed attempt to save the rich neighborhoods, claim some in the article. I don't know what to make of this, but if found out to be true, this could become a political and legal disaster that will resonate to the very core of American values and trust in government.

I can understand trying to get rid of some of the water to be dispersed though there attempt may have been a big mistake?

Regardless of deliberate sabotage if the response and even now treatment to victims of Katrina is not a political and legal disaster that will resonate to the very core of American values and trust in Gov i feel even sadder for the American people.

Oh wait who`s leading the investigation into Katrina`s response,hello its shrub.It will be blown over side tracked and they will give the American people something else to worry about Guarantee on it.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
They probably were blown but not to save the rich peoples homes.
I would say it would be more likley to make N.O. the biggest money dumping pit you have ever seen. If people are rich they can build new houses very easy.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My suspisious mind,

Why is it when i saw the pictures of the broken levees, my instincts imidiatly suspected foul play,
although i had no evidence of this, i believed it to be true, why?
has the trust of our goverments and world polotics completely gone?
and if more proof is found that the levees were blown, plz lets try and make it the last evil deed of the Bush administration, i dont want no more 9/11's, vote fixing, and most of all dead inocent ppl,

I'm a firm believer in my instincts,

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My instincts told me the same thing exactly, and I'm sure a lot of people here feel the same way. Will we ever "know" the truth? Probably not, but the more facts begin to emerge, the more probable what our insticts initially told us will be.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
FYI the levies were never complete, to withstand a cat 4 or 5 hurricane. and only were reliable against a cat 3 due to re-budgeting and lack of funds

to say there were sabatoged after the fact only means you never knew that there was very little chance of it stopping the hurricane in the first place

"reports of explosions" is very misleading, I know some people who think a car backfiring, or a trash dumster being dropped is an explosion caused by terroists.

top topics

join