It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping a Hurricane (Dyna Gel)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I was watching this show a few nights ago dealing with controlling the weather. They had this interesting substance called "Dyna Gel" Produced by a company called ''Dyna-Tech'' I believe.

It was a powder that would absorb something like 20 times its weight in water and turn into a non toxic gel. This gel can be dropped on clouds and it makes the water vapor condense into a gel and fall from the sky. The Gel then completely breaks down when it comes into contact with saltwater.

The even had footage of the company testing it out seeding a cloud with a plane. The cloud that was hit just vanished, It was quite amazing.

This could be used to stop a hurricane out at sea long before it hit land. They did estimate that it would take something like 400-500 C-5 galaxy planes to carry enough to stop a moderate size hurricane. Those are some massive planes able to carry the US Main Battle tank at some 70 tons. Heck the first wright brother flight could take place inside its cargo bay. Im not even sure if the US even has that many C-5s anyway. The amount of gel alone need would also cost millions.

I still thought this stuff was still pretty interesting and wanted to learn more about it online but cant find anything on it. The show made mention that the exact make up of dyna-gel was a closely guarded secret.

Anyone eles see this show or heard of this stuff before?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That's 400-500 drops every 90 minutes. The problem is that the hurricane is absorbing so much water, that they have to keep dropping this stuff onto it to absorb the new moisture.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
From what they said 400-500 full C-5s could carry enough of this stuff to wipe out a Lvl 2-3 hurricane in one trip.

A single C-5 could carry 261,000 lbs (max payload) of the stuff. So one plane could knock out 5,220,000 lbs of cloud. 500 planes could wipe out 2,610,000,000 lbs of cloud.

If my math is correct

Thats go to put a dent in any storm I would think. If they could have done this and even dropped Katrina down a lvl or two wouldnt it be worth it.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I don't know if we were watching the same show but the one that I saw said they would have to have 300-400 jumbo tanker sized drops every 90 minutes.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
and turn into a non toxic gel

Tell that to a fish living in the ocean below who is trying to breath the gelatinous water.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Dyna-gel dissloves harmlessly when it comes into contact with saltwater. So those fishies dont have to worry about breathing gel.

It only turns into a gel when it comes into contact with freshwater

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If we disapate that energy where will it go? It won't just disappear all that energy has to go somewhere.

Also I believe that gel substance is a scam. Why don't we just all stop building in places that are below sea level and are prone to extreme weather. Naw that would be too rational

[edit on 14-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Your correct that energy wont just disappear. But the worlds oceans are very good at absorbing energy.

The point is to take all that energy focused in a Hurricane and Disappate it into the ocean and spread it out. The ocean is more then capable of doing that.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I see your point but you're not seeing my point.

My point is that if we were to succeed in doing that what would be the consequences?

For every action there is an opposite and equal re-action that is not always predictable.

Will doing this cause Cat 4+ hurricanes to appear in places that don't normally get them?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The energy..
Bad news, if you disrupt hurricanes..I think Sardion has a good point.
It will manifest somewhere else, bigger and badder..

But after watching Ophelia, loitering off the east coast for all those days.
I began wondering how much energy can be transferred, by holding a Cat 1 storm over an ocean area for many many days..Steering the thing, and holding it over slightly cooler waters..Maybe nudging it over warmer areas to keep the atmospheric pumps going..
Would that satisfy the needs of our atmosphere?

Then of course the question remains...how does one go about steering a hurricane?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

My point is that if we were to succeed in doing that what would be the consequences?

For every action there is an opposite and equal re-action that is not always predictable.

Will doing this cause Cat 4+ hurricanes to appear in places that don't normally get them?

I dont think anyone could answer that question with a definitive answer, because nobody has ever tried something like this before. It would definitely require testing before you put any such plan into action.

I really dont think doing something like lowering a hurricane a few Category levels would have drastic global changes on the earths weather patterns. But Im not a metorolgist so I cant say for sure.

I think its worth looking more into this tech though Even if it can just be used to weaken a hurricane if it couldnt stop it. If it cost millions to do this and make Katrina a Cat. 3 instead of a Cat.5 it could have saved Billions of dollars and many lives you cant put a price on.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here's something to think about. Hurricanes are giant heat sinks for the atmosphere. When there is a hurricane it dissipates some of the extra heat built up by absorbing it into the storm. Do we really want to dissipate that?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Last year, when Florida was pummeled by a "conga line" of storms.
we talked about this Dyna-gel thing..

Some interesting posts in there...(including mine..LOL)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the thread spacedoubt

The linked article about the dyna-gel is no longer available
Ive been trying to find more information of it on the net with little success

Ive been thinking of a old Unsolved Mysteries I saw. It dealt with a small Northwest town that had a strange toxic gel rain down on it over a couple of days. It resulted in people getting sick and a bunch of animals dying. There was also alot of large military style cargo planes seen over the town.

Besides being toxic it seems alot like what dyna-gel would do if dropped over land and had no salt water to break it down. I wonder if it could be connected in anyway.

I'll try to find more information on the event.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowXIX

I'm wondering just where would this gel go if it "totally breaks down". since it couldnt just disappear, hat effect would it have on the evaporation process? I'd think this would need to be investiated more before even thinking of using this. What effect would putting 1,200,000 pounds of this gel into our oceans, have on our overall emviroment?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If this Dyna Gel works this well on Hurricanes or so its touted to be. I was wondering its ice melting capability? Could it be mixed with other components other than salt that has so many destructive behaviors? I live in the midwest and have witnessed the devastation caused by car wrecks. As a Trauma Physician, I see the accident victims in our emergency trauma bays every year! I have to put an end to the carnage!!! I aim to seek a solution by returning to the laboratory and we will hopefully find a better solution. If you have any possible solutions, we have seed money available for possible beta testing on any new products!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
what kind of idiot would try and stop a natural process from taking place.
Cyclones, hurricanes and typhoons have a purpose, they take water up and dump it in land, it fills up artesian basins, it strips out vegetation and it allows run off to go back into the oceans taking much needed nutrients with them.
They clean out river systems and they thin out populations of animals and birds.

What arrogance man has when he thinks it is his right to modify nature to suit himself.
The sooner man lives with the planet rather than trying to control the planet, the better the world will become.

top topics

join