It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russia back to U.S.S.R.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That is true about industries like manufacturing, technology, software, etc. But we are talking about a national resource here - oil / natural gas. it does not belong to a few rich individuals, it belongs to the people.

No. I think you will find that Russias natural resources are noew controlled by whoever is in power. Who will use them to maintain his grip on power.

But wait-you Americans are used to exploiting countries around the world for their oil. CNN and FOX have brainwashed much of your population. No sense in wasting my time here.

I am not an American.

Yes self-determination. If Ukraine or Lithuania want to have close ties with EU or US more power to them. They have the right to choose their destiny.

Good for you. I just wish more Russians felt the same way you do, Mr Putin in particular.

However what the US is doing is exploiting their nationalistic attitudes for its own cause. US wants to create a buffer zone around Russia, and isolate it from Europe.

I very much doubt that many people in the US give a monkeys what's happening in Russia or in Eastern Europe.

The Orange revolution in the Ukraine occured because a pro-Russian President tried to steal an election.

The revolutionaries were pro-EU, not necessarily pro-US.

The EU does not want a buffer state between us and Russia.

If the former soviet republics wish to join the EU, we will welcome them. As independant sovereign nations that is their choice to make. But we cannot certainly force any of those states to join with us.

That has nothing to do with creating a buffer state, it is about inclusivity and choice

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vox Populi
I very much doubt that many people in the US give a monkeys what's happening in Russia or in Eastern Europe.

Well thats the problem. The fact is that US is very busy around Russia, forming alliances and anyone and everyone who is anti-Russian. They couldn't care less about what people in those states want. They want to dominate the region in case of another Cold War, and incidentaly it's only moving them closer to Cold War. But Russia isn't a blind fool. It can see what the US is doing, and is also starting to shuffle for dominance in areas around the world. many Americans and Europeans are ignorant that US is bringing the world closer to a Cold War once again, and no one gives a ****. Iraq and Iran are really good diversions.

The revolutionaries were pro-EU, not necessarily pro-US.

The EU does not want a buffer state between us and Russia.

If the former soviet republics wish to join the EU, we will welcome them. As independant sovereign nations that is their choice to make. But we cannot certainly force any of those states to join with us.

That has nothing to do with creating a buffer state, it is about inclusivity and choice

True. The people in Ukraine chose Yuschenko to get closer to Europe economically wise. However Mr. yuschenko has other plans up his sleeve. US invested hundred of millions in him, and now he has to return the favor. He will let US form military bases in Ukraine, bringing it one step closer to conflict with Russia. The people there didn't want NATO bases when they voted for him. But he doesn't care, and I predict he will not fare well in the next election. It's not about EU. It's about US looking to expand its power. EU and NATO just come in the same package.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Well thats the problem. The fact is that US is very busy around Russia, forming alliances and anyone and everyone who is anti-Russian.

No they are not. They are forming trade agreements with independant sovereign nations, which happen to share a border with Russia.

This is what independant sovereign nations do.

The problem is the Russian government seems to think that it can dictate to these nations who they can and can't enter agreements or form alliances with.

Oh and how is wanting your country to be free and independant of Russain interferance in anyway anti-Russian?

By that standard we are all anti-Russian. That should feed your paranoia a bit more, as if it needed it.

Iraq and Iran are really good diversions.

Given the amount of casualties suffered I would hardly descibe Iraq as a "diversion."

Considering the real danger posed to the region by Iran aquiring nuclear weapons I would not call that situation a diversion either.

I have heard anything about the US establishing military bases in the Ukraine. Since most of their military forces are tied down in Iraq with no end in sight, I find that claim highly dubious. Even if it is true, so what?

If Yushenko agrees to establishing NATO bases in the Ukraine, he is the President it is his decision to make, not Putin's.

As to the US seeking world domination, heres a newsflash for you. the US achieved World Domination years ago when they won the Cold War.

Which sort of gives the lie to your assertion that the US wants to start a new Cold War.

Why would they want to start a new Cold War to win something that they already won when they won the first one.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
The fact is that US is very busy around Russia, forming alliances and anyone and everyone who is anti-Russian.

- Yes, one can at least say that the Russians confine their attempts at influencing those they actually share a border with.

The USA feels entitled to attempt coups and say what goes to those people on another entire continent away!
South America.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vox Populi
No they are not. They are forming trade agreements with independant sovereign nations, which happen to share a border with Russia.

This is what independant sovereign nations do.

The problem is the Russian government seems to think that it can dictate to these nations who they can and can't enter agreements or form alliances with.

Oh and how is wanting your country to be free and independant of Russain interferance in anyway anti-Russian?

By that standard we are all anti-Russian. That should feed your paranoia a bit more, as if it needed it.

Independent sovereign nations? After the fall of USSR, the governments in all of ex-Soviet states remained pro-Russian and pro-Communist for the most part. In fact in most states Communists stayed in power long after they were gone from power in Russia. But they realized that for their economic well being they needed to keep good ties with Russia.

All this changed after US became interested in the region after 9/11- even though it had no connection to terrorism. First was a coup at Georgia- disguized as a colored revolution- bringing to power the real last dictator of Europe- Saakashvili. Now he is moving closer to war with Russia, backed by US military aid. Then came several other states and eventually the biggest of them all- Ukraine. None of these alliances with the US were formed by independent governments. They were formed by puppet governments installed by the US, who I must say are quickly losing their popularity with the people. Most of the people in those states don't want NATO and don't want anything to do with US imperialistic ambitions.

My paranoia? It is rather funny calling paranoia something you have no idea about. CNN and FOX won't be telling you about these events, and neither will any other pro-American sources. This is covert imperialization, and the sad thing- most Americans are ignorant about it. However it is moving us towards the next cold war.

Russia is not interested in rebuilding Soviet Union- it is you who lives in the past. However as a stong world power, it wants to make sure its neighbors are not potential enemies, just like US is interefering in the affairs of Canada and Mexico and other Western nations.

I have heard anything about the US establishing military bases in the Ukraine. Since most of their military forces are tied down in Iraq with no end in sight, I find that claim highly dubious. Even if it is true, so what?

Why would Bush want you to know he is colonizing the world, despite protests from host countries? Ignorance is part of the problem, that only brings us deeper into the rabbit hole.

If Yushenko agrees to establishing NATO bases in the Ukraine, he is the President it is his decision to make, not Putin's.

Ukraine's government is primarily based around the Supreme Rada, or Congress. They are the decision makers- Yuschenko executes the decisions. Ukrainian constitution requires permission of the majority of Congress to allow foreign forces inside the land. However he went around it, and now even members of the Orange party are protesting. What he did is illegal and should warrant impeachment.

As to the US seeking world domination, heres a newsflash for you. the US achieved World Domination years ago when they won the Cold War.

Which sort of gives the lie to your assertion that the US wants to start a new Cold War.

Why would they want to start a new Cold War to win something that they already won when they won the first one.

You call what US has today world domination? 2/3 of the world hate America, because its policing the world with least care about the ambitions of independent nations. Even after the Cold War, US had virtually no support and no ties with central Asian and ex-Soviet states. 9/11 gave Bush a good exuse to starting making coups around enemy states.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join