It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV+ corpses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What people have said on here is definitely correct. I'm a PA and have worked in Pathology and been doing autopsies for several years both in hospitals and coroner's offices and I can tell you HIV patients don't worry me that much compared to Hep C or Tuberculosis. This is generally across the board for people in the death biz (ME, Coroner, funeral directors, etc). HIV is all but gone from a dead person in 24 hrs and is believed to only be transmissible by direct injection of a rather large dose of that individuals blood, and unless you are being exceedingly careless than should never happen. Hep C can survive in the body for at least a week and according to what I have read, can survive in extravasated blood (blood outside the body) for at least that long! I have had a couple suprises with bodies having TB unexpectedly which didn't make me really happy but I haven't seroconverted yet so that is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Excellent! Another medical dude!

Have you met Mirthful Me and FredT, yet? They are also medical dudes.

Fred is a male nurse, so you know which two movies not to mention to him, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No, haven't met you guys, but its cool to know there are some medical people on here! What areas do you guys work in?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join