It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequal they didn't make that you want !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The one I'd most like to see...??? That's easy...

BIGGER Trouble in Little China...
The return of Jack Burton. That'd be sweet....

OMG that's an absolutely brilliant idea!!!

As for how they would do Signs 2, they set it up in the first one when they said that either the aliens would win or they'd have to return many years later with a bigger force. If water burns you like acid, why invade a planet that is 75% water to attack a creature which is 60-70% water? Dumbest. Aliens. Ever.

In closing ... Evil Dead 4: Hail to the King.

[edit on 16/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Would LOVE to see a new Bill & Ted movie!! Hmmm what else thats not been mentioned......FLASHGORDON....OMG! yes (unless there was one and I missed it) I watched that again recently with my kids and the end left it open for another!!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

In closing ... Evil Dead 4: Hail to the King.

If I die before they have made that movie, I will decline admission to Heaven until they have done so, just so I can stick around and watch it.

[edit on 16-9-2005 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Ghostbusters 3, all the way

I agree with you 100%. They were considering it but old fart Bill Murray killed any plans they had cause he owns some of the movie rights. Even though it was written by Dan Akroyd and that Dr. Egon dude.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas II

The Shadow II

The Thing II (they are going to do a remake though)

[edit on 5-10-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
FLASHGORDON....

Yep, that'd be a good one...
(even though Flash is an idiot...I would have SO hooked up with Ming's daughter and become one of Ming's planetary rulers, hehe....but that's just me).

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A Batman Begins sequal.

Charlie and the great glass Elevator for defiante.

And of course a new film from the people who did Shaun of the Dead!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Unfortunately, most sequels are pretty dreadful. However, it is in the vain hope that the sequel of our favourite films won't turn into a Look Who's Talking Too, Speed 2, Batman & Robin or the king of bad sequels: Star Wars Episode I, that we flock to see the second, third or fourth in series...

Even so, a film I've only just seen is my candidate for a sequel. Joss Whedon's Serenity (film spin-off of the ill-fated tv series, Firefly) is crying out for a whole bunch of sequels.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What about.. Godfather 4; Scarface 2; I heard Lucas has Episodes 7-9 scripted. Would any of these great stories, that have nothing left to prove of themselves.. be a good idea to do? I think they would be extremely profitable but is it smart?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Jay and Silent Bob
plus the rest of Kevin Smith's movies minus Jersy Girl

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wish they would sequel Serenity, but it didn't make enough money. Maybe Joss could do it in the comic book world. (I don't know if he has already done that.) But I don't know if it would be the same without Wash though...

Hail to the King would be the #. But I don't know if Raimi would do it. He is making the next Spidey...And those are huge. Spiderman 3 will be the outstanding if they go with three different villains like the rumors have said. Come on out and play Eddie Brock...

Ummm...I can't really think of any others deserving of it...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Some up and coming Sequals that I am excited for...

Sin City 2

Plot Summary for
Sin City 2 (2006)
It's one of those hot nights, dry and windless. The kind that makes people do sweaty, secret things. Dwight's thinking of all the ways he's screwed up and what he'd give for one clear chance to wipe the slate clean, to dig his way out of the numb gray hell that is his life. And he'd give anything. Just to cut loose. Just to feel the fire. One more time.

Sin City 3

Sin City 3: Hell & Back (2008)
Plot Outline: On a dark night in Sin City, an ex-Navy SEAL named Wallace saved a young woman, Esther, from killing herself. After a night on the town, she was kidnapped by mysterious people. May God have mercy on those who stand in Wallace's way...

Old School 2

Old School 2 (2007)
Plot Outline: Mitch, Beanie and Frank return for more laughs as they open the fraternity doors to a new generation of college students

The Butterfly Effect 2

The Butterfly Effect 2 (2007)
Plot Outline: Sequel to the 2003 cult movie in which a person can change the past via remembering their forgotten memories due to blackouts.

Ill add some more here when I have more time...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
A Batman Begins sequal.

Its been announced.

Here's the IMDB link... us.imdb.com...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Just following up some more with some scheduled Sequals that caught my eye...

Mrs. Doubtfire 2

Plot Outline: Sequel to the smash hit 1993 film sees Robin Williams return as the man who disguises himself as a elderly woman with a dodgy Scottish accent.

The fact they have Robin Williams back leaves me optimistical about this one. Hopefully Sally Field makes a return too.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest

Plot Summary for
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

This time around, Johnny returns as Captain Jack Sparrow and is caught in yet another tangled web of supernatural intrigue. It turns out, Captain Jack owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. If Jack can't figure a crafty way out of this one, he'll be cursed to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation. And as if that weren't enough, Captain Jack's problems throw a huge wrench into the wedding plans of the blissful Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who quickly find themselves thrust into Jack's misadventures.

Terminator 4

Terminator 4 (2006)
Directed by
Jonathan Mostow

Writing credits
John D. Brancato (story)
Michael Ferris (story)
(more)

Not much information on this one, considering it is out next year that seems strange. I wonder who will be the lead role in this one.

Trailer Park Boys

Trailer Park Boys: The Big Dirty (2006)
Plot Outline: Set in a separate storyline not related to the "Trailer Park Boys" Television show, but with the same lovable characters. The pot smoking, rum drinking Ricky and Julian are released from prison where they meet Bubbles for the first time and eventually come to live in the Sunnyvale Trailer Park

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Few more sequals that are announced in the near future....

The Bourne Ultimatum

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
Plot Outline: Plot unknown.

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 30 December 2004
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Cast (in credits order)
Matt Damon .... Jason Bourne

Harold and Kumar Go to Amsterdam

Harold and Kumar Go to Amsterdam (2007)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 17 September 2005

John Cho .... Harold
Kal Penn .... Kumar

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)

PLOT:
Harry's fifth year at Hogwarts is a dark one. Raging with hormones, the 15-year-old wizard returns to the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to confront slanderous gossip, a cruel new professor, and a Ravenclaw girl on whom he has a crush. Ominous events lead to the family home of Sirius Black, where Harry learns about the mysterious Order of the Phoenix. Amid disturbing dreams, unraveling a dire prophecy, and studying for the Ordinary Wizarding Levels exams, Harry and his friends struggle into young adulthood.

Daniel Radcliffe .... Harry Potter
Emma Watson .... Hermione Granger
Rupert Grint .... Ron Weasley
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Jason Isaacs .... Lucius Malfoy

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008)

Plot Outline: As Harry Potter begins his 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he discovers an old book marked mysteriously "The Half-Blood Prince" and begins to learn more about Lord Voldermort's dark past.

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones 4 (2007)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: Jeff Nathanson's script draft is reportedly finished and approved by both Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.
Status Updated: 31 May 2005
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

Directed by
Steven Spielberg

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
George Lucas characters
George Lucas story
Jeff Nathanson screenplay

Cast (in credits order)
Harrison Ford .... Indiana Jones

National Treasure

National Treasure 2 (2007)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: In development
Status Updated: 17 June 2005

Directed by
Jon Turteltaub

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Gregory Poirier written by

Cast (in alphabetical order)
Nicolas Cage .... Ben Gates

Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: Verbinski is shooting select scenes for PotC 3 as he shoots PotC 2
Status Updated: 11 April 2005

Lee Arenberg .... Pintel
Peter Donald Badalamenti II .... Penrod
Andy Beckwith .... Clacker
Orlando Bloom .... Will Turner
Faouzi Brahimi .... Turkish Guard
Vanessa Branch .... Giselle
Yun-Fat Chow .... Captain Sao Feng
Mackenzie Crook .... Ragetti
Jack Davenport .... Norrington
Johnny Depp .... Captain Jack Sparrow

Road House 2

Road House 2: Last Call (2006)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 12 July 2005

Credited cast:
Jake Busey .... Wild Bill
Louis Herthum .... Deputy Garland Hendricks
Ritchie Montgomery .... Embry Davis
Will Patton .... Nate Dalton
Johnathon Schaech .... Dalton
Larnell Stovall .... Marcus Reynolds

Rush Hour 3

Rush Hour 3 (2006)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments: With Ratner directing X-Men 3, this film will miss New Line's projected fall start and summer 2006 release dates.
Status Updated: 6 June 2005

Credited cast:
Jackie Chan .... Chief Inspector Lee

Language: English / Cantonese
Color: Color

Trivia: The Makers of the Rush Hour-Trilogy are actually considering shooting Part 3 and 4 back to back.

Halloween: Retribution

Halloween: Retribution (2006)

Genre: Horror (more)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 4 November 2005

John Carpenter characters
Debra Hill characters

Cast (in alphabetical order)
Heather Bowen

Also Known As:
Hall9ween (USA) (working title)

Heather Bowen won her walk on role through a contest offered on the official Halloween website.

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)

Genre: Action / Adventure / Crime / Drama / Thriller (more)

Plot Outline: In order to avoid a jail sentence, Shaun Boswell heads to Tokyo to live with his military officer uncle. In a low-rent section of the city, Shaun gets caught up in the underground world of drift racing. (more)

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:
Status Updated: 3 October 2005

Credited cast:
Lucas Black .... Shaun Boswell
Daniel Booko .... Clay's buddy
Brandon Brendel .... Clay's Buddy #1
Zachery Ty Bryan
Max Charles .... Stilts
Ashika Gogna .... Cheerleader
Nikki Griffin
Sung Kang
Nathalie Kelley
Keiko Kitagawa
Branden Weslee Kong
Collin Leonard .... Blackie
Leonardo Nam
Tyler Nelson .... Mascot
Trey Sanford .... Bully
Brian Tee .... D.K.
David Thomas .... Buddy
Jason J. Tobin
Bow Wow .... Twinkie
Stuart W. Yee
(more)

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Another Fast and the Furious? The original was a fantastic film which brought the LA street racing culture into the world spotlight. 2 Fast 2 Furious dropped one of the leading roles (Vin Diesel) and put his share of the budget toward fancy cars on the basis that if several million dollars worth of japanese engineering gets damaged/electrified/put sideways around corners, then 13 year old technophiles will be too horrified to notice the non-existant plot (something about an Argentinian drug lord who hires photogenic streetracing cops to make deliveries, cos Argentinians can't drive). Pathetic.
Now we have a third, without Vin Diesel OR Paul Walker, the two who made the first so great. Definitely a moneygrab sequel which shouldn't be made, imho. :shk:

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Isn't that the truth Surf... Without Walker or Diesel I do not see the first one being as good as it was. I think Vin Diesel's charachter was one of the biggest contributing factors behind its success. The second one felt the wraths of this, So I do not see the third doing much. Some series just have to end, I think we should of buried this one after 1. Although Vin Diesel only did not do 2F2F because he chose to do XXX 2. Something he didnt even star in.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
A sequel to the remake of "Planet of the Apes"
They left so much up in the air with the way the movie ended

There's no doubt there will be another. I still to this day have yet to figure out the ending of the first one.

Peace

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get the ending of that movie. The last 2 minutes were totally random.

I'd like to see more Indiana Jones movies (I heard rumors of a 4th one in the works) and I would absolutely LOVE to see Star Wars episodes VII/VIII/IX made. Apparently, Lucas wrote one massive Star Wars script (9 episodes) and wanted to make it a single movie, but realized fairly quickly that would be impossible, so he broke it up into episodes. I've heard Lucas has stated he won't make those movies, but if he doesn't, I'll feed him to a Sarlaac, where he will be slowly digested over a thousand years...

I don't know how they would manage it, but I'd like to see a sequel to "The Butterfly Effect." I really liked that movie; very well thought out, well planned, and believable characters, not to mention an ending that actually worked. (I usually hate endings of books&movies, even when I loved the rest of the story)

Another one I would be curious to see if it was made would be a third Blair Witch project. They weren't the greatest movies, but I still want to know who the Blair Witch is; too many unanswered questions from those movies remain.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I am dying for a sequel to Dawn Of The Dead, did hear a rumour that there'd be one but have heard nothing as of late. Anybody have any info on if there is to be one or not ?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well I know for certain that Indiana Jones 4, Die Hard 4, and Sin City 2 are being made, I am defenitely looking forward to those.

www.comingsoon.net... is a great site to check out sequels

Matrix 2/3, Look Who's Talking Too, Jaws 2,3,4 etc, those were all really really bad, lol. Ghostbusters 2 wasn't all that great either. And as far as I'm concerned, Alien and Aliens were the only ones made. There was no Alien 3, or Resurrection. Didn't happen.

I really liked the Freddy vs Jason movie, and thought it reinvigorated both franchises. Obviously it wasn't a cinimatic masterpiece, but it was fun and silly in it's own way. I heard they were toying with a Freddy vs Jason vs Ash (from Evil Dead)... that would be fun! I think we could all agree Jason X was by far one of the worst sequels ever made! Because, when you run out of ideas for sequels, just do a "In Space" plot model!

Critters 4: They're Invading You're Space
Leprachaun 4: In Space
Jason X
James Bond: Moonraker
Armageddon was basicaly Die Hard in space, lol

I propose that there are any number of movies that could continue with the "In Space" sequel model.

Here are some ideas

Jaws In Space: The shark terrorizes a team of scientists in the 23rd century and eats them all. Somehow, he's able to survive in the vacuum of space.

Lethal Weapon 5 - In Space: Riggs and Murtaugh are back again, this time they're investigating a drug traffic ring on the moon. In a major plot twist, they blow a bunch of stuff up on the moon and declare "I'm not too old for this." Hey, whatever you gotta tell yourselves.

Look Who's Talking In Space: Yeah. It's what you think.

Close Encounter of the 117th Kind: You obviously never read that far down on the "of the ##th kind" list. That's where aliens show up and deliver you a deep dish pizza and then try to hustle you at poker.

Godzilla In Space: Wait... I think that may have been done.

Batman Begins In Space: He beats down ET's door and declares "I'm Batman." However, ET doesn't really care and the end result is a scene involving anal probes that nobody wants to see. Because that's what aliens do you know... with the probes. Because if I travled lights years across the universe and discovered intelligent life, you know. That's the first thing I'd do. Kidnap 'em in the middle of the night and start digging away.

The Karate Kid In Space - Sadly, Pat Morita passed away this week. This could have been they're triumphant swan song. Someone steals Ralph Maccio's lunch money on his way to Mars. Daniel-san, wax on, wax off!

In the wake of the recent "vs" movies (Alien vs Predator, Freddy vs Jason), I think there is an endless possibility there.

Lethal Weapon vs Die Hard

Beverly Hills Cop vs Blade

James Bond vs Jack Ryan

Jurassic Park vs The Island of Dr. Moreau

Terminator vs Robocop

Freddy vs Jason vs Mike Meyers vs Leatherface vs Alien vs Predator vs The Thing vs Critters vs Ghoulies

Ace Ventura vs The Mask

Police Academy vs Super Troopers

Monty Python and the Holy Grail vs Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

ET vs Mac (if you don't know who Mac is, shame on you! It was the friendly alien craze of the 80's!)

The Blues Brothers vs Blues Brothers 2000

Harry Potter vs Samwise Gamgee

Batman vs Punisher

Bill and Ted vs Beavis and Butt-Head

Gremlins vs Munchies vs Hobgoblins

I better stop now... this was kinda fun though. Ok, so I got a little carried away...

aaron

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join