It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Australia Accused of Underhanded Interferring In New Zealand Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark has questioned the role of Australian consultants in the opposition National Party's election campaign. The same consultants helped get Australian Prime Minister John Howard re-elected and now the New Zealand Labour Party is seeking to highlight covert agendas and the foreign influences before Saturday's elections. Co-inciding with these allegations of corruption are the underhanded tactics of pamphlets distributed by the International "Exclusive Brethren Sect" which are almost identical to literature distributed in the Australian state of Tasmania before the last Australian election.

www.news.com.au
The NZ Green Party also claims that anti-Green, anti-Labour pamphlets being distributed by a Christian sect, which have embarrassed National leader Don Brash, have their origins in Australia.

The National Party has acknowledged that Australian political strategist Mark Textor has given advice on research and polling. But it denied any involvement by his partner Lynton Crosby or the use of push-polling tactics.

Both men played prominent roles in the Howard Government's election campaigns.

Mr Crosby was also a high-profile strategist for Britain's Conservative Party during the UK election this year.

"I think those are questions that the New Zealand National Party has to answer," Ms Clark said.

"What is the role of the Australian consultants, what are the links with the Exclusive Brethren beyond New Zealand? How is this adding up to manipulation of the New Zealand election campaign?"

Labour cabinet member Pete Hodgson says a leaked National Party board minute shows the Crosby-Textor consultancy is doing more than just polling.

"The Australians have been involved since last year in shaping National's campaign policies," Mr Hodgson said.

"It is public knowledge that Crosby-Textor are rather notorious across the Tasman for running campaigns for the Liberal Party, which focus on race issues and use push-polling.

The National Party has denied any connection with the Brethren or their leaflets, although Mr Brash has admitted representatives of the group told him of their plans.

"The Australian flyer confirms our original suspicion that we are victims of an imported dirty tricks campaign," Green co-leader Rod Donald said.

A push poll is a campaign technique in which a fake poll is used to alter the views of respondents. Push polls are generally viewed as a form of negative campaigning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So the Australians are now interferring in another countries politics. This is a dangerous move if in fact it is truthful and moves should be made now to expose this and to stop any sort of election interference now, before the election takes place. It will be no use crying foul after the election results are in.

Will in fact the labour party be defeated? Helen Clark has been known for her strong stance on many subjects that do not sit well with the international community. In other words, she is nobodies patsy.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Everyday it becomes more and more clear how Australia is being geared up as a NWO front.

Bush called Australia it's 'deputy sherrif' in regards to it's Pacific position. We didn't like that, Howard did thou.

Then we hear about Howards kids being in the US campaigning for Bush's re-election last year. We only find that out because Triple J called a Bush Base and they were told some Australian's were helping, JJJ asked who it was and to their surprise the person told them the names which turned out to be John Howards kids!

They've threatened more or less the other asian countries in our region by stating they will use pre-emption if they wish. Refused to sign treaties for this reason.

Now amongst hundreds of other things, they are going down the route of influencing elections.

Australia was much a better place when no one in the world knew anything about us. Howard putting us into the spotlight so he can be remembered as a power player in the NWO is just turning us into Little America and smearing our name with everything Howards government touches.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Mayet, Australians are not interfering in other countries politics. The Australian government, shadow government, and people above them are. Don't blame the citizens like me.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't think that people reading this thread will agree it's the people of Australia doing it, think they can understand it is the higher ups, the echelon, the hidden masters of political tactics.

I know I for one wasn't involved

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Australia have done this for years.....Its old news

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Its just political bs leading up to the election in NZ. Politicos throwing mud at each other hoping some sticks.

2 weeks from now and you won't hear anything about it. Probably more disturbing is the national party's attempts to get the americans to fund a campaign to overturn the nucleur free legislation.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This just seems consistent with the US/Australian relationship and the pressure being exerted on everyone else.

There has been much this campaign about US influence on the NZ National Party. From campaign funds, to free trade agreements with the US being contingent upon re-addressing the nuclear free policy, ditching ACC (which would enable the right to sue) and changing the Pharmac laws (state intervention to prevent excessive profiteering by pharmaceutical companies).

Regardless of the veracity of the allegations being made, the fact remains that US and Australian influence in NZ government is considered a bad thing by the majority of voters in NZ.

IOW, the voters do not even entertain the idea that influence from Australia and the US is even close to being a good idea.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
"I think those are questions that the New Zealand National Party has to answer," Ms Clark said.

"What is the role of the Australian consultants, what are the links with the Exclusive Brethren beyond New Zealand? How is this adding up to manipulation of the New Zealand election campaign?"

Because that is in no way a negative campaign tactic you're using there, is it Helen?

How is it adding up to manipulation of the New Zealand election campaign?

Buying talkback hosts so they give negative comment is manipulating a campaign, placing negative stories in the media at large is manipulating a campaign. Having the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador tell Congress she saw Iraqis kill babies in humidicribs is manipulating a campaign.

Sems to me that the Kiwi Nationals have just bought themsleves the same service as their friends, if it got Howard elected, why not use it? That's smart thinking in a business where getting elected is what counts.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Its just political bs leading up to the election in NZ. Politicos throwing mud at each other hoping some sticks.

2 weeks from now and you won't hear anything about it. Probably more disturbing is the national party's attempts to get the americans to fund a campaign to overturn the nucleur free legislation.

I think you hit the nutshell there NetChicken. I didn't realise that but now when i combine that info with the fact that we just overturned our own anti nuclear stance and started open uranium mining again, there could just be a reason in one there.

NWO tactics mayhaps. Whatever, but they just don't want the labour party voted in........

I might add at this point that i do not personally like Helen Clark, She's got bigger (*insert name for round objects) than my husband but it does seem that someone is playing dirty tricks and I like that less.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by Mayet]

join