It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why? a whole bunch of em.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
WHY?:Some things ive been pondering for months now.

1.Why are illegals allowed to come into our country, leach of OUR
tax dollars, and get free health care, When honest hard working
American Citizens, struggle to pay off there hospital bills?
and get sued by said hospitals for not being able to pay them?

2.Why are illegals allowed to come into our country, And get funds
for education, Funds which hard working American Citizens,
Struggle to get, they work there butts of in school make good grades
ect, and alot of them still arent able to go to college.

3.Why are illegals allowed into our country to do all of these
things? Why arent the leaders of our country looking out for
us

4.Why do Billions of our tax dollars go overseas, to
rebuild 3rd world countries who are in poverty, When we have millions
in our country who are in poverty, can barely offord cloths for
there children or food, or basic needs, And yet at the same
time, ironicaly, the tax dollars which gets taken out of the small
paycheck they get, which could help them out, go to people halfway
around the world?

5.Why do our leaders, make decisions on what might offend various
groups who are in the minority who scream loud, but are few in numbers,
rather then what the majority wants?

6.Why do our leaders make decisions based 99% on what they want,
Rather then making them on, what the people want and what
the constitution says?

7.Why do our leaders follow party lines, instead of doing what the
people want and what the constitution says?

8.Why do our leaders vote on bills, in which they have not read in full?

9.Why do our leaders take an oath to protect and defend the
contitution, yet at the same time support bills which rip the constittion
completely apart?

10.Why is our media allowed to cutt footage, in a manner which makes
someone who did nothing wrong look bad?

11.Why is our media allowed to mislead and twist facts, facts which have
and can get people killed?

12.Why does our media continousely show videos from terrorist groups, this
is why the terrorist groups make the videos in the first place they
want them to be shown, why give the enemy what he wants?

13.Why do things such as the micheal jackson, or scott peterson, Run side by
side with a WAR?

14.Why does government say things such as, we go to war with what we got
Refering to armored vehicles and body armor, Why didnt the most poweful
military in the world, the goverment who spends more on its military then
anyone else in the world, already have this stuff? Our troops were left sol,
in a 3rd world country ffs, what will they do if we have to go to war with
an equal military power?
Our government spends millions if not billions on nuclear weapons, we will most likely never use,
But they cant spend those millions and billions on armored vehicles and kevlar,
which WILL be used?

15.Why are things so screwed up?

Respond to these questions, and add your own.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
WHY?:Some things ive been pondering for months now.

1.Why are illegals allowed to come into our country, leach of OUR
tax dollars, and get free health care, When honest hard working
American Citizens, struggle to pay off there hospital bills?
and get sued by said hospitals for not being able to pay them?

2.Why are illegals allowed to come into our country, And get funds
for education, Funds which hard working American Citizens,
Struggle to get, they work there butts of in school make good grades
ect, and alot of them still arent able to go to college.

3.Why are illegals allowed into our country to do all of these
things? Why arent the leaders of our country looking out for
us

Why do you assume that the problems of poor healthcare and education for Americans is somehow related to illegal immigration?

Shouldn't you be more concerned with the question, why aren't Americans getting decent, affordable educations and proper healthcare, period?

13.Why do things such as the micheal jackson, or scott peterson, Run side by
side with a WAR?

This one I may have an answer to. Profits. News networks, newspapers, and magazines all depend on advertising to make profit. The sponsors in many cases have clauses in their contracts that say, "X% of our ads will not be shown next to material viewers/readers will find as distressing," or , "X% of our ads will be shown next to non-controversial topics." Therefore, to make money, networks and newspapers have an incentive to carry as much fluff news as they can, to attract more sponsorship in general.

-koji K.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Why do you assume that the problems of poor healthcare and education for Americans is somehow related to illegal immigration?

Your misreading what im asking, Its not a blame game here its a question, Why do illegals get this stuff, while legal citizens are left sol.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You think its bad in the USA.
Here in the UK families get FREE housing and utilitys paid.Cars are bought for them because its "cheaper" than paying for public transport.They'll even pay get to have a driving licence.
A recent case that I have heard of was two ilegal immigrants were award £17,000 and £23,000 ( Thats pounds not Dollars) due to their benifits being wrongly calculated and this was "back-pay" for two years.
The systems STINKS.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Your misreading what im asking, Its not a blame game here its a question, Why do illegals get this stuff, while legal citizens are left sol.

Why are you so sure illegals are getting free healthcare?

I've been an advocate for immigrants for a few years now...most of the time working with legals, but sometimes with illegals.

The only "free" healthcare illegals can get (assuming they don't have citizen children which is a little different), is in the ER (and in North Dakota, if you're triaged and judged NOT to be an emergency case, you're sent packing whether you're a citizen, legal or illegal resident). Even then, they're still billed for the treatment they receive, so it's not actually free at all. They can also be sued. Just like citizens.

There are health clinics too, and sometimes they'll offer treatment on a means-tested basis - but this is available to citizens too (the only ones left out of this loop are legal residents who can't obtain means-tested aid for any reason). Again, in both of these cases, low-income (and uninsured) citizens are awarded the exact same benefits.

There are also free health-care clinics providing services specifically for immigrants - but these are not government funded, and thus it's probably moot; a private/independent organisation can approve or decline treatment to whoever the heck it wants, realistically.

The education question is the same. Illegals generally cannot obtain education in the US; there are allowances for refugees, "cases being processed" etc but the very designation of a person as being one of these makes them no longer illegal.

(Very simply: if an illegal as filed a petition, then technically (in most cases), he's no longer classed as illegal until the case is decided.)

For me, the bigger question is this:

Why is the USCIS so drastically underfunded? We need a system where they can track temporary visitors, because many illegals actually enter the country legally and simply overstay. We need a system which allows us to patrol the borders more adequately, and one which doesn't assume that every illegal is coming in from the Mexican border.

You really want to know who gets the raw deal?

It's the legal residents who (for whatever reason) cannot earn a decent living, but are barred from receiving means-tested benefits of any kind.

mini disclaimer: I do realise that in So. Cali, and Texas in particular, the system is somewhat different, and illegals can and do obtain aid - however, this generally isn't the case in most US states.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have all those same questions. Why let all these people into our counrty, illegal or otherwise, give them all sorts of opportunities, medical assistance etc., while we have people in our streets that are hungry, have no home, need medical attention etc.
So if we are so open to help and offer other cultures to come to America, why aren't things being done to help people out in our own country. Even those that use the system, are only learning from the handouts that are being given to those from other countries.
Why should we work our butts off just to try and make ends meet, when there are those that come to America and don't do a thing, and get all the handouts.
Makes me want to quit my job, and claim poverty, then sleep in.... grab my assistance...., and do what I really want to do with my life, all fun and no work. And fun doesn't have to cost alot either. I't at least I'd have time to do something fun that way. As of right now, I work, work, and work, just to come up short on payday. I'm exhausted

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruella
I have all those same questions. Why let all these people into our counrty, illegal or otherwise, give them all sorts of opportunities, medical assistance etc., while we have people in our streets that are hungry, have no home, need medical attention etc.

Because the "otherwise" category generally pays it's taxes and contributes to your community.

So do many illegals - most once they've adjusted status, but some even manage while they're illegal.

The drop-off in this country between the rich and the poor is unbelievable, and it's tragic. But it's hardly the fault of the illegal population.

We need reform, and we need it fast.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All very good points...

I want to know why does the us government allowed fbi and other agencies to unncessarily kill american's and point their guns in their faces when they are law abiding citizens?

ie/ waco/ ruby ridge/ miami '00/ N.O '05???

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The media reports what it is told to report, and how to report it, and what not to report. The leaders do every single thing they do to maintain and increase their control, and to limit or decrease the citizens power, so as to keep their power. Control, greed, vanity, and self-importance. I feel that these are the main motivators. It is either that or the events of the past 200 years have just coincidentally always moved towards the total control of the common person. Probably just a fluke, nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
For starters, we need to throw illegal aliens out and declare a moratorium on legal immigration.

If we have more people than jobs, it would be plain foolhardy to allow more people into the country. Once upon a time we had quotas--so many from this country, so many from that. And you had to be able to speak English and pass a health exam!

It's thanks to illegals getting free healthcare in California that a number of medical facilities there have gone bankrupt and closed.

If you don't believe me, check out Frosty Wooldridge.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Tinkleflower, you haven't been to California lately my friend. Healthcare IS provided free for illegals who need it Medi-Cal will assist as long as you live in California. There are others as well. (My father is and Grandfather was both doctors and they both were aware of these)

Another note: A friend, who is in a police department up in Wyoming, has said that in a near by town that the legal population is 3,000 and the illegal population is 6,000 and the illegals have to resort to crime and theft to survive. I know that is probably not an average legal to illegal ratio for most cities, but it continues to grow.

Last note: As long as were talking about boarder related issues, I'd like to bring to your attention that the San Ysedro Boarder(which is the busiest in THE WORLD) has gotten rid of the metal detectors. When I asked a customs agent why this was he answered,"Not enough funds". WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?????

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
And of course Bush has the chutzpah to refer to the Minutemen as "vigilantes." Not to mention Fox's flunkies telling Mexicans how to sneak into America undetected.

Think I may be getting off topic here...I dunno....

top topics

join