It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what you call precognition? If so ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It seems I have this unique ability to forsee the immediate future. Here are two cases. I was sitting at a red light when I thought to myself that I would see a cop go by. Sure enough moments later a cop drives by. Another time, I'm sitting in my room and I had a "feeling" that one of my friend would be coming to visit me unexpectedly. I had no idea he was coming around. Sure enough minutes later he knocked on our door. These are just two examples, but I've been able to sense things many of times. I'm trying to figure out how to expand this power. Does anyone else have this ability? It's not much but it would be fun to see things before it happens. I just wish it would be more than just the immediate future. I wish I could forsee things hours/days from now.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
this happens to me fairly often. enough to where i get spooked regularly. but then i remember how many times that i "see" something about to happen that never ends up happening and realize that it is just luck of the draw.
daved

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Maybe coincidence? If you've had more experiences or other rare things happen to you, please state them here. It's pretty interesting how you MIGHT really have this ability ... and if you do, then ... wow

Anyways, like I said, it would be pretty interesting if you had more experiences with this ability ...

Try to write things down ... like things you think will happen and keep the paper in your pocket ... if it does happen, check it on the paper as done.

And ... does this often happen in your dreams while you sleep?

Thank you for telling us of this

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Zeta_101]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I must say that it has happen plenty of time, but it just doesnt happen when I want it to. I think meditation helps as this would happen out of the blue. I'll be listening to the radio and then my mind completely shifts to another topic. I remember one time I'm driving and was thinking of someone. Well, that someone just happened to be walking by as I drove by her. There were times I'll sit here and think of a friend out of the blue. All of a sudden, she called and I got spooked for a minute. I'll try to keep a log but I dont know what good that would do. I would say it only happens 1-2 times a week.

I'll try to relax my mind a little more often as I'm driving and see if it happens more often. As for my dreams, I've actually had two dreams in the past week that has actually occured in real life. But I attribute that to the happenings in my life, but then again.

For example, I was in the process of kicking a tenant out. Well, they kept giving me excuses but it wasnt until I had the dream where I saw them in a parking lot and they tried to avoid me. Upon confrontation, they stated they would be giving me the money owed to me in a couple of days. However, the key from this dream is them trying to elude me. The next day he called to say he didnt have the money and they would be leaving in a week.

Now I think that was more of a coincidence. The precognition is more interesting to me. I'll report my "findings" tomorrow when I'm driving into work.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Some of what you are describing is not so much Precog as it is Psi awareness. The examples of someone showing up, or calling are much more likely that. They are thinking about you, and you pick up on it.

To qualify as true Precognition you have to have advance knowledge of an event where this sort of Telepathy cannot be the cause. Of course the two are connected and both are worth pursueing.

I never advise anyone to simply study a 'Power' it should always be in the context of an overall Spiritual study. What sort of Belief System do you have? Is it one that you have chosen for yourself or do you still have whatever you were raised to believe running around in your head?

By far the strongest limiting factor on any Psi ability is what we, deep down, believe about the Universe and the subject of Psi in general. Finding a Belief Structure (some are called religions, some not) that supports what you are trying to accomplish is key to expanding your abilities. Anyone can learn to accomplish any of the Psi feats, but it takes a fair amount of work to be able to deal with the results. And in a nice protective loop, if you cannot deal with the results you will not have much luck with the abilities.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yes, it is a very common form of prcognition.

I've experienced this "short-term" form of precog many times; and it has saved my life, or at least saved me from serious injury, on several occasions.

As to how to improve this talent, I'd concentrate, first on improving the accuracy/detail of your impressions. . pay focused attention to your physical and mental "feelings" when you have these episodes. You will then be better able to image the vision.

And remember: the farther into the "the future" you peer, the less likely you will be to accurately know exactly when the event will occur.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
While I label myself as agnostic, I do have buddhism in me. My parents are buddhist and thats how I was raised. I know the exact feeling as to when it would happen. It happens when my mind is racing and all of a sudden I feel much relaxer and then my mind thinks about something completely different. Usually I try to replay things that happens from the previous day or I try to plan my day while I'm driving somewhere. Boom out of the blue I'll think completely about something else. Like thinking about someone or something (in the case of the cop car) and then it would appear or something relating would happen.

Of course forcing myself to do so never happens. I'll think of something and then try to force myself to think about something else but that doesnt work. I'll try to relax my mind a little better during the morning hours as it tends to happen more during the morning hours.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
one thing that occurs for me very often is that I'll grab my cell phone (which hasn't rang all day), hold it for no more than 5 minutes, and it'll ring... I grew up with things happening like that all the time, so I don't even think much about it. The things that always got me was deciding to stop at a green light and watching a car blow the red light crossing... think about all the times that you decided not to do something... how many of those times would've been bad if you DID do it? I'm not talking about doing something stupid... more like along the lines of not going with some friends and they def=cide to change their plans... you will never know though, what would've happenned

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If someone did occasionally picture things in their head and how things would say happen over the course of a few days or longer, it could possibly drive one crazy. They might be wondering why things keep happening as they picture it in their head. I can easily imagine someone wondering if they were psychic or if they somehow contributed to something happening. If things like this start happening even more consistently, I can easily imagine an individual starting to wonder if reality is not really reality at all but something they dreamed up because things seem to keep eerily happen as they thought of or something similiar. I myself might picture some things happening days from now but that might be coincidence since sometimes things happen and sometimes they don't. At least that is my opinion.

Some events are just common sense I believe. For instance you call up a relative on your lunch break because you suddenly think they might be wondering because you mentioned the possibility yesterday of eating lunch at home. You call and they state they just called your house and left a message just a minute ago. I believe that is just lucky timing. What might be an interesting experiment is to think about something and try and make it happen. Now if we could do that, life would be fun. If psychic ability is simply being tuned into the environment, then many people have this ability.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
lilcam,

It is interesting that you consider yourself an Agnostic, I picked up this little quote on that:

An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time.

I do not think I have met someone who considers themselves Agnostic who has had the experiences you have been having. I will be most interested in hearing how things progress as you delve deeper into the subject.

But I think your Buddist background has a lot to do with it, the foundation of your beliefs accepts Psi abilities as something natural which is probably why you have been able to recognize them when they happen.

Orionthehunter,

In reading your first rather streaming paragraph I wondered if you yourself have had things happen which made you wonder about the nature of Reality in the fashion you described.

If psychic ability is simply being tuned into the environment, then many people have this ability.

Learning to use one's natural Psi abilities always leads to a greater understanding of the more 'normal' aspects of life. People often see this and wonder if that is not all there is to it but there really is more.

I guess I do not worry about where to draw the line as much as most people because my focus is always on results. It does not matter to me if the insight that allows me to help someone comes from Psi or logic. What matters is that I say what they need to hear to prompt them into the actions they need to take to make things better.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/13/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
And ... does this often happen in your dreams while you sleep?

zeta 101

It does to me. I just never know which dream will be one until it happens later, then I am astonished.
1.) I dreamt I was driving with Paul McCartney and Wings in an old beater car up through a narrow, winding valley. Around two weeks later, I was sent to a job at a place called Ryder Lake, I had never been there. As I started to enter the valley, I noticed that the steep sides and the flat low overcast cloud made it seem like I was indoors, exactly like my dream, no Wings though. I was alone. I was amazed how exactly the same it looked and said to myself out loud, well if this is the same, I should come around a corner to the right and see a big white farmhouse with a wrap around veranda.....about two or three turns later, I came around a corner to the right and burst out laughing.....there it was. Many years later, I met a man who knew the lady who lived in that house, he recognized it when I told him the story.

2.) I was in San Francisco with my ex. and we were just leaving fishermans wharf when I stopped dead in my tracks. She said what? I was standing exactly where I had been in a dream, on a boardwalk beside a white landscapers pickup full of rakes and shovels etc. It was parked on an angle in the middle of the boardwalk, not lined up with anything, and was exactly the same as a scene in a dream from a few weeks earlier. I live in Canada, and when I had the dream, I thought nothing of it, never even thought it might be SanFran, or precognitive till that moment.
3.) When I was in grade two, I had a dream that a boy in my class was kidnapped and taken to a cave. the kidnappers broke a window of my classroom to get in. When I was having breakfast and telling my brother (who was in grade one) about it, he swore he had the same dream. My mom, who was in the kitchen too, said she had the same dream too.
Well, I got to school, and the window was broken and the boy was not in class. He never did come back. I assume that his family just moved away or something, but still....my dream was right about him being gone, and the window being broken.
4.) Back in 1983, my best friend's girlfriend was in a dream I had, and I told him about it, she and I were kissing, it did not go over well, so I shut up. They broke up a month or so later, she moved out of her parents and into a basement suite, and I was over there one night, and just as we started to kiss I realized it was the basement suite in my dream, exactly the
same. When I had the dream she was dating him, living at home. Within a couple of months of the dream, they split up, she moved into a basement suite, and one night as we kissed, I remembered the dream and looked around. The couch and tv were in the same place, the carpet was chocolate brown, the same colour, and there were a couple of sheets of writing paper lying on the floor in front of the tv in the same place and orientation as in my dream.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think this is common too. I can think of several times stuff like this has happened to me.

One of the times is in 1993 (I remember the year because of the car I had) I was driving home from work. I was on a long stretch that I usually pass slow cars in. I was behind a very slow, older driver and I was anxious to get home. For about 3 or 4 miles I had been thinking I'm going to pass them when I get to that place that I can see well enough to pass at. Well, right before I passed them, I swear, I was starting to pass, I saw in my "mind's eye" or whatever you want to call it a truck in the other lane and I saw my car colliding with them. This flash of a collision stopped me from passing. No sooner than I got my car back in my lane that truck pulled out of a drive way. Had I passed that old woman I would have hit that truck.

So something saved me. Or was it precognition? I know I thanked God for sending me this message.

Now, other things like that have happened too.

There is an instance where I had a flash weeks before and did nothing. And because of my inaction something bad happened. I try not to beat myself up about it, but I cannot help but think about how I should have done something. I feel horrible guilt about it because I did not trust the sight I had been given.

Other run of the mill stuff like I will be thinking about someone and BOOM! they call me. That is common for me.

Where this comes from, I cannot say. But because of my beliefs I thank God for the times I have been saved because of the "flashes".

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Personally, I believe that everything can be explained scientifically one way or another. That doesn't mean I don't believe in precog or 6th sense or ghosts...

I believe wholeheartedly in the "butterfly effect", and think thatpart of our brains possibly knows how to interpret waves to make a sensible conclusion of what is about to happen. Think about when you walk into a room and you can feel the tension before you even look at anyone... everyone gives off waves of some sort, from psi-waves to just a wave of energy emitted through the air from them moving certain muscles and pushing molecules around. Or, think of it like this... walking (for MOST people...) is such a natural thing that if you start to walk up a hill, you don't even think about it, you just bend your knees and adjust for it. If you step on uneven ground, you automatically adjust for it.

I think our minds work the same way, in a sense... we can sense a finite set of waves and we see what the most likely outcome is in a mental image. I, personally, think that if a person were to concentrate and bring this kind of thinking more to the forefront and out of pure instinctual, we could tap into things unbelievable. I consider myself spiritual, but not in the sense that I believe in gods, etc... I'm more of a Sci-Psi, I guess, lol. Try it for yourself... just forget everything you think you kow about religions of any sort... don't worry about meditation in the same sense as you are used to... just sit comfortably with your eyes closed and try to "feel" the movement around you... everything from a bug on the floor to the vibrations of the materials around you... granite rock areas are really good for this because they give off a certain vibration that is actually easy to pick up. Basically, for me, it has been about as hard (or easy) as trying to see your aura... once you recognize what you are seeing/feeling, it comes to you alot easier.

Still haven't been able to AP on purpose, but I haven't practiced in a couple years either... it has become unfamiliar to me again. Same thing with what I was saying above... just think about it every once in awhile now, although it is becoming pretty common for me again.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Personally, I believe that everything can be explained scientifically one way or another. That doesn't mean I don't believe in precog or 6th sense or ghosts...

I believe our science would be considered extremely primitive a few thousand years from now. I also believe we are electromagnetic creatures especially since our brains emit and may receive these signals. Does science understand how these signals may interact with our environment? I do not think so. Therefore I do not think precog or many other strange or so called paranormal things can be scientifically explained at the moment. As far as having strange things happen to me or picturing things in my head, I have witnessed a few events that seem strange to me and thinking about that sometimes seems to drive me crazy.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sci-Psi, I like it although it sounds a little odd when you say it.

Pretty much with you on the ideas you presented though, I too have a great respect for what Science has learned. I am just wary when they try to tell me what is not possible, that is a totally different matter.

There is a Thread in Science and Technology that has some amazing new evidence, check out page 20 for Scientific verification of Telepathy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally I am not much concerned with scientific verification of Psi, but for those that are study those graphs. Then back up a page to get the links for the details.

I think it is important to realize how different impressions are recieved, but only at the beginning of study. If you show a talent for one type over another then you know where to concentrate your studies and practice. Personally except for the odd Dream I have never had much in the way of Precog experiences but I find them extremely interesting. How far can we really see? And more importantly, can we learn to see clearly enough to change what is going to happen?

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/14/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilcam
It seems I have this unique ability to forsee the immediate future. Here are two cases. I was sitting at a red light when I thought to myself that I would see a cop go by. Sure enough moments later a cop drives by. Another time, I'm sitting in my room and I had a "feeling" that one of my friend would be coming to visit me unexpectedly. I had no idea he was coming around. Sure enough minutes later he knocked on our door. These are just two examples, but I've been able to sense things many of times. I'm trying to figure out how to expand this power. Does anyone else have this ability? It's not much but it would be fun to see things before it happens. I just wish it would be more than just the immediate future. I wish I could forsee things hours/days from now.

A similar thing happens to me. The thing that happens most is I will remember a quote from The Simpsons and then the episode with that quote will show on TV the next time it's aired.

One time, I had a dream about watching this very large screen and on the screen were alot of people, bleeding and screaming as they were walking down these dark tunnels. I then noticed a train next to them. Well, the next day, I woke up and found out bombs had gone off on London underground trains!

I was quite freaked out by this experience. However, I believe everybody has some kind of precognitive skills... just some more than others.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by xeroxed88]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have the same thing but rather it be something that could happen by chance like the cop car. I know whole coversations or sequence of events before they happen or know what people are going to say on live TV.

I cannot make this happen, it just does once every few months or so and I can only get it seconds before the event happens. I have no explanation for it but its definately real.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I understand what you mean. Same thing happens to me. If you're having a conversation with somebody, it's asif you know what somebody will say immediately after you've spoken. It's weird.

I've had the liveTV thing happen a few times. I wish I could predict what the lottery numbers will be though!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Your are invited to Patrick-patrickscott.blogspot.com. All about Psi awareness and precognition. Also go to youtube.com/psprecog and check out my ghost faces that came off of handtowels. appreciate feedback.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Everyone has this ability to some extent. It is the strength of the ability that differs between people.

new topics

top topics

join